1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Halo Suggestions - Post All Halo Suggestions Here

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Qaztar, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Hello!
    So recently I was doing a good amount of Halo, and me and my friend came up with some things that maybe should be changed in Halo. I'm sure there are some flaws, so definitely point them out.

Also, post your own suggestions! I will add them too this list!

Tutorial: A tutorial would be very helpful. I didn't even know there was a /buy until I saw somebody accidentally just typed buy, and I tried it. A tutorial would be great. Maybe a updated one? Like one that keeps you in place and uses rotation commands to almost make it like a movie? That would be great, like maybe seeing a fully animated armorstand tutorial of a battle.

Jump Boost: Jump boost should be changed. Since, as Elsa pointed out, jump boost can be a massive factor in a map, there should be a sort of toggle switch. Like the reload button, you go to a certain number on the hotbar and it activates jumpboost for 4 seconds with some sort of cooldown. This would make it so you could still use jumpboost, but it wouldn't be like everyone was on a massive trampoline for the whole game.

Guns/Melee Weapons: I think the order of unlocking guns should be changed around, and guns should be improved/nerfed. Sniper should require a higher rank, and maybe have a longer reload time. Shotgun should be buffed, I haven't gotten a single kill with it. Magnum and Assault Rifle should be buffed as well, and I haven't used anything past that. Also, if possible, a Needler? For the melee weapons, I just think they should be changed. When you hold them you should get mining fatigue, but they should do more damage.

Maps: The maps are more then a year old. They are bland, boring and were made quickly. so much could be done with them to make them look cooler and better, and with our current architect team this could be done pretty quickly.

Capture the Flag: Capture the flag is a great mini-game. We could use banners as flags, and have special designs for each team.

Grenades: Grenades are quite fun to use, however they have been nerfed because of the insane amount of spawnkilling. My suggestion would be this: You can only throw a grenade every 5 seconds. Then there won't be this hail of grenades every time you step out of your spawn. Grenades would however be given a bigger radius and some particle effects. This would make grenades more strategic instead of just something you lob at your opponent.

Cosmetics: As you may or may not know, Mojang has a EULA that states that servers basically can't be pay to win. A donor can't have an unfair advantage over a non-donor. So many servers have dealt with this by adding tons of new cosmetics that only donors can have. My idea is for a customization area in Halo spawn. You would walk into this customization area and it would show up with a NPC of your character, with a holo saying Armor - Helmet above it. You would then be able to press either a or d to select different helmets. You could press shift to select the next armor piece down, and jump to go up one armor piece. Donors would get special donor armor pieces. There would also be buyable helmets for coins for non-donors. These would be, without the texturepack, random blocks. But with the texturepack, they would be special, cool helmets with awesome designs. One could look like an eagle helmet, one could look like a shark, etc.

Possibly, for FFA matches, there would be a color customization possibility.

Rank Popup: And also, not just for donors, each time you rank up there should be some cool popup. I made a very small and not very attractive one, but you get the idea. 2016-01-18_17.36.05.png
    The popup would only happen when you go to the customization area. In game, it would just show up in chat so as not to distract the player. After leaving the game, the chat would ask you to go the customization area to get your new rank. Then it would do the popup with some cool sound effect.
    Each rank would have its own name and symbol, and the symbol would show before your name in chat in halo. Symbols:
    http://www.copypastecharacter.com/symbols

Final suggestion, which is probably quite difficult and would take a while, is changing it from snowballs to something else? Like the Laserstrike particles? And I haven't gotten the Spartan laser yet, but I'm guessing its the same snowball beam instead of particles.

In conclusion, the plugin is old. It needs a fresh new look, and things have changed since it was made that can really make it a better game. I'm sure there are problems with this suggestion, so please, respond with them and your criticism. Thanks for reading!
    -Qaztar

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Deljikho, Dockson and zsuzsu1 like this.
  2. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

here are my suggestions
    let grenades be used for spawn killing. if a player is getting spawn killed they can just spam grenades back at their killer
    -I do like the rank symbol idea

Niiicck likes this.
  3. LadyCassandra

LadyCassandra Rebel Angel Warrior | Sweet Baby Child

Yes and no. Some of these maps are specifically designed so that the jump boost is actually effective, and when used correctly, can help a team dominate.
    My personal two favorite are the SAW and the sniper. I like the SAW more though, it might deal small amounts of damage but it is in pretty big numbers.
    +1
    I'm at a huge -1 for this simply for the reason that it can get INCREDIBLY distracting to the player, especially with every single level-up. Should this actually happen, put it in the chat box or reduce the popup to only every few levels or so.

I desperately want grenades put back into TDM. Dblo had already nerfed them from spawnkilling; but going from that, he just eliminated them altogether. That's not how Halo should be played. Is it too op? If you can run from it in time, no. Can they be avoided? Very easily. So why nerf it? I hope it gets put back soon, or I won't play Halo so much anymore.

4. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for responses, I'll update my post based on these

Toostenheimer likes this.
  5. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Can you give your reasons for the -1?

6. evilalec555

I think to much has been taken out of halo already we don't need to take more out

7. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

I'm sorry, but it might be possible that you read the suggestion wrong? I didn't state anywhere that anything should be taken out. Only changes and additions.

8. evilalec555

this is what made me think so

9. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

That's not removing anything though. Guns should be "Improved" and some should be "Nerfed" Non should be removed, and really I didn't say many should be nerfed, just given slightly longer reloads. Sniper should require a higher rank isn't removing anything.

10. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Sniper Rifle should at least be rank #12

Assault Rifle needs to be the first gun you have, with a small - decent buff (like you said)

I feel like melee weapons need a great buff, Make it a 3 hit kill at least... I don't like the mining fatigue idea.

I think the jump boost be a 5 sec cool down every time you use it (double tap space to use?)

Cosmetics would be a neat feature as well.

+1 to all but mining fatigue and grenades dood.

Qaztar likes this.
  11. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

12. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Good ideas. Overall well thought through. I am a bit skeptical about the grenades, but a +1 on the rest. Also I would like to add, that if new Halo maps are not already on the to-do-list of architects, they should be. I mean, it's advertised as Halo 2, but all the maps are years old. Some are just plain grass fields surrounded by rocky walls and at both ends someone placed a stone box and made it a spawn. A 10 minutes works for a worldedit/voxel sniper beginner.

Qaztar likes this.
  13. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Can I ask why the -1?
    Definitely agreed. Ill add that, the maps are definitely outdated and could be seriously updated. So could the texturepack.

14. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

That is actually a Halo map called BloodGulch. It is actually one of the most popular maps on Halo. (It is awful when you're playing Halo in Minecraft because it just looks so empty). Probably already knew this but yeah :p

I agree with your statement as well. I also would like to see NOT REMAKES, but something creative.

15. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Also, maybe a tutorial? Wrote my idea above.

16. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Updated Cosmetics section to be more descriptive and be more full of ideas. Please read new version!

17. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Please for the love of god someone buff that shotgun. It needs more snowballs per shot and the damage output needs to be better. There are only a few maps anyways that you can get close quarter combat

Qaztar likes this.
  18. Joe22FTW

Joe22FTW Celebrity Meeper

I suggest that halo should be removed and infected should come back

19. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Infected isn't gone, just in maintanence. Halo is a game that could get Meepcraft serious amounts of new players, and is a great game for youtubing.

20. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3