1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Guide to VShop Money-Making! | RossCoombs

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by RossCoombs, Jul 24, 2013.

1. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

The VShop. A place of simple transactions for most, but for some, this place is where they make their fortunes.

NOTE: You will not get all of your money from simply following this guide, but from adapting the techniques to your likings, so it works for you.

Making Purchases on the VShop.

If you're going to start using the VShop, you probably know how to make purchases properly on the VShop, but for some people that don't, here it is:
    You always want to make sure what you're buying is going to be worth it. So, for this you will want to look at other items of the same material. For example: Iron Bars. If you want to buy them, you wont just go and buy them because they're cheap, you will want to look for Iron ores, and iron blocks. For the blocks, you check if they're more or less than 9 times the amount iron bars are. If they are more, then you'll buy the iron bars/ores, and if they're cheaper, you're going to be going for either the ores or blocks. When you check ores, it's just as simple as seeing if they're more expensive. Remember people will probably sell ores for less because you're going to have to smelt them. If there isn't too much of a difference, and you don't want to smelt then by all means you'd probably go and buy the bars.
    Not really that much for purchasing, but it might help you!

Buying & Selling and Tool crafting.
    Tool Crafting.
    This is something a little more advanced... Sort of.
    When you're trying to make money, something to look out for is making tools. We're going to look at that in detail now and later we'll take a look at Buying & Selling items on the VShop.
    Lot's of players, including myself, aren't too keen on crafting items themselves whilst out mining, and would rather just buy the tools straight off the market, now these are the customers you're hoping for. For this method, chose one or more Tools you're interested in selling. For example we're going to be using Iron Axes and Iron Pickaxes. You start by looking at how much the items are already priced at, and if not, you're in luck! This means you will be able to set up the market yourself, although sometimes it may not work due to players under-bidding you're price. Once you've found the price, or not found the price, then you will look into each individual item, and maybe even the items used to craft them. You'll look at sticks, planks and logs, and as before you'll look into the different iron types; ore, bar and block. Make some calculations, work out what will save you the most money and how much cheaper than the tool(If they're already on the market) they are. If this tool is NOT on the market, then you're going to want to work out the total cost for making the item, and then add on however much you want onto this price. If you add on a drastic amount, you're probably not going to make a sale, so remember the cheaper the better. If, however, your tool IS on the market, you check the price, and see how much profit you could make if it was the same price as the cheapest currently on the market, and maybe take a little amount off. I'm not going to teach you to suck eggs, so you can work it out yourself how much you're going to take off.
    Buying & Selling
    Buying and selling is a great method of making money, especially if you choose the correct market. If you're just starting out and don't have a great amount of money, then choose a market like Iron, or Gold. But if you have a couple of hundred-thousand meebles, then maybe Diamonds is for you. You start off by looking at the prices. If you're lucky then you may find a huge gap in the prices, from maybe 700 to 1000 meebles in the next 'stock' of the item. If this is the case, you're more than likely to profit from purchasing all of the items priced 700 and selling them for around 900-1000 meebles. However, if there is not a big gap in the prices, no worries. You can still profit if you play it smart. Maybe buy 2 or 3 sets of stock and sell them more expensive than the most expensive set, if you're lucky they will sell! If not, you may have to lower your prices and maybe lose out on a little bit of profit. This is almost like gambling, if it goes wrong you can lose money, but if it goes right you are gonna be swimming in meebles. Well, after a long time of hard work anyway!

If you have any ideas of what I can add on to or adapt to this guide, just leave it below! I will make sure I read them all! :D
    -Ross.

2. RossCoombs

Legal Guide to VShop Money-Making

3. RossCoombs

Thanks! I feel you should create another thread; "Guide to the VShop" as this is a guide for Money Making, not how to use it! :D
    It'll help a lot of people! :)

BooBear1227 likes this.
  4. Djgetti

Djgetti Celebrity Meeper

Thank you ross I will when I get home...just contributing...keep up the good work bud

RossCoombs likes this.