1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Guide to Towny Raiding

Discussion in 'Towny Guides' started by RaidByNightOnly, Dec 22, 2014.

1. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

Ever wanted to legally steal someone Town? Towny Raiding is the way to do it.

To Towny Raid all you need is a 5k minimum in your Town Bank, /t Claim Outpost, A considerable amount of Forethought and PATIENCE!! (Suprisingly Enough)

Part 1 What is Towny Raiding?
    Raiding is when you Loot and Pillage a Fallen Town for all its juicy loots. Then leave its broken skeleton dead and full of broken hearts and dreams.

Part 2 How to Raid
    Raiding is easy to do! WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLD UP DON'T YOU DARE JUMP IN THAT TOWNY RP PORTAL JUST YET!! Towny Raiding takes a considerable amount of forethought and strategy.

Part 2 1/3 1/2 Preperation
    You first "Line up the Raid" by finding a Town that is ready to fall and either A.) Getting on and hoping to Fooslr above that someone did not raid it first. B.) "Bump" the Raid that means that you pay taxes for the Town until a convienient date at which you can raid it the second it falls.

Part 2 1/3 2/2 Preperation (Or Not)
    Or Ya know, You could just wing it and go hauling your Diamond Dreams filled eyes into the Towny RP Portal. ;) That works too.

Part 2 2/3 Method to the Madness
    When you go to claim the plots start with the most obvious spot first. A.K.A The place where you see all those Shiny Diamond Blocks or those stacks of Hoppers glimmering in the Pixelated Sunlight.
    Then branch out to the surrounding plots Taking everything as you go. (Make sure you use /t claim after the initial Outpost Claim ;). Leave no Stone left un-turned. Then you unclaim all the plots (Unless you want to keep them) Ending at the Outpost Spawn.

Part 3 What to do With Your Cra- *cough* Loot
    Once you get your Loot you need to sort it, Usually into sections of: Keep, Sell and Trash.
    Keep Pile
    In your Keep Pile just keep it whatever.
    Sell Pile
    Don't worry too much about the Price. You just need to be able to break even on prices of Plots at the very least, Remember this.
    Trash Pile
    Burn it in Lava or Donate to a Drop Party. (They Love filler stuffs)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Although most of this is sort of common sense it's nice to see this in a guide :)
    I have always wanted to try out some raiding, when ever I try the town which was going to fall and had lost no money in it's bank suddenly get's a nice deposit of money. I might try again soon :)

RaidByNightOnly likes this.
  3. MCRichHuey

MCRichHuey Celebrity Meeper

It might be helpful to also list the commands to go along with this, like:
    1. /town claim outpost - Use this to claim the first plot (5000 meebles)
    2. /town claim - Use this to claim adjacent plots to the outpost (100? meebles each)

I explained to someone how to do Towny raiding once, and neglected step #2, and they were spending 5k for each plot they claimed. :(

There's another command you can turn on that toggles auto-claim of plots so you can just walk around and add more adjacent plots to your outpost, or you can use the radius command to grab a large chunk of plots at once. I only recommend to use these if you have a lot of money in the bank, as you can spend a lot quickly with these! I would list the commands, but can't remember them off the top of my head right now.

https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wiki/Commands - Towny Commands list

4. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

Thanks I will add these in :)

I love that site you linked me to :O I have that bookmarked now ;)

5. Jdude5786

Jdude5786 Popular Meeper

I can't tell ya how many towns I've found that weren't worth the 5000 to build an outpost...

6. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Good guide. I like the drop party bit.