1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gender debate

Discussion in 'Debates' started by fire765, Jan 7, 2019.

1. fire765

fire765 Celebrity Meeper

there are only 2 genders

Change my mind

Vexmae and Viperfan like this.
  2. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

3. fire765

fire765 Celebrity Meeper

4. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

I don't think the question usually is about how many genders there *are* per se. People are more interested in how many genders if any there should be and what utility the construct holds. You could argue that without substantial reason to categorized based on gender (the expression of sex) the entire idea only serves to categorize people.

5. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

Physically yes, there are only two human genders. As @MeepLord27 stated above, the idea of gender as an identification is more of a categorazation than anything else. When gender is used in that sense, it can be literally anything you want it to be. I think this whole argument about genders is simply people using the wrong terminology. Your gender identity is not the same as your physical gender. If you go to the doctor's office and put down your gender as anything other than your physical gender, you're an idiot.

Marshy_88 and Meznik like this.
  6. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Fair enough

7. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

8. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

From my point of view there’s a difference between gender and sex. Gender is what you identify as, whereas sex is what your body was born as. Again, this may not be what the definitions are, but this is how I view the two words.
    So to answer your question, there are two sexes but more than two genders.

Marshy_88 and boombox123 like this.
  9. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

It's not an attack, it's the truth. Putting down anything other than your physical gender when you're being examined for an ailment is just asking to be misdiagnosed or mistreated.

SuperDyl likes this.
  10. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

you guys arent allowed in the promise land

11. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

I was in israel last week lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2019 ---
    Which is why they ask for sex,not gender.

The terminology doesn’t matter too much, however if you use the same word to describe both definitions, you may easily equivocate them.

12. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

This thread is clear evidence that this is very commonly confused. Often people think "gender" and "sex" are interchangeable. They aren't. There can be as many genders as you can make up, but regardless of that there are only two sexes that a person is possible to receive upon birth: ***** (wiener) or ****** (meatflap) . Most controversy on this subject stems from this confusion. That is what I have to say.

Selchie, Erebus45 and benster82 like this.
  13. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

You can argue that there's two genders, sure, but you can't argue with the fact that gender dysphoria is a real condition with research backing it up. Knowing people that experience this, I'd really wish people would stop harassing transgender people. They have some of the highest suicide and homeless rates simply because people don't understand what gender dysphoria is. A trans friend of mine attempted suicide before. Although I didn't understand what being trans was when he came out, I'm thankful I at least respected his new name and didn't purposely try to make him feel inadequate. Pronouns or not, the debate is mostly a mental health debate, not a validity debate.

Is it a mental illness? Technically yes, but studies show the most effective treatment is to help them transition into their preferred gender. Because repressing such dysphoric feelings will actually lead to a variety of other mental health issues, it's best that people stop treating transgender people like garbage.

SuperDyl, Erebus45 and zsuzsu like this.
  14. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

i died there

qazini, SuperDyl, Meznik and 2 others like this.
  15. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

this is so sad, alexa play despacito
    wait wait, you died there? then how do you speak to this day?? :thinking:

16. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

@FamousZAmos made a joke-thread where he said @bloodyghost had died during his trip to Israel. In the post he stated that he knew @bloodyghost and his parents in real life. The joke was...not appreciated for hopefully obvious reasons.

Bloodyghost is alive and well.

17. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

twas just a joke but thanks for the explanation. i guess?

18. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I don't remember who was active when!