1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

They would rape kids though

2. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

scoowby likes this.
  3. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

4. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

I hate when people treat it like a disease.

Cherrykit, Khafra, Britney and 6 others like this.
  5. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

Yeah I hate it when they use it as an insult too.

6. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Who was the guy who came up with the term "gay" for people who are homosexual? For Heaven's sake it means HAPPY! HOW Is that an insult?

Oi.

7. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

The sad thing is, no-one will read that letter.... ; - ;

Empoleon_master and scoowby like this.
  8. Methul

Methul Popular Meeper

You hit the nail on the head with with one. This game of political correctness is destroying America. People can't even speak what they think without being labeled as sexist or racist anymore... Its a sad sad thing.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2014, Original Post Date: May 18, 2014 ---
    Jesus of all things told us to forgive and to be compassionate. I believe that Jesus stopped the villagers from stoning the woman, let her go and said something like, Go and sin no more.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  9. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

Sorry if this was already said, but IF BEING GAY WAS A CHOICE, PEOPLE WOULD CHOOSE TO BE STRAIGHT BECAUSE OF THE WAY GAYS ARE TREATED.

10. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Yes, this is true. I love Jesus and his teachings, but disapprove of what some Christians try and do. Don't get me wrong, I could care less what you believe in.

As for political correctness, it really depends. I do agree that some people take things too far and brand other people as "racist" or "sexist" for a petty reason, but there's a limit too. I can enjoy a nice politically incorrect joke from time to time, but you have to be wise about the words you say and the time and place. Nothing can protect you from the backlash that people give you if you say something. That goes for both sides.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2014 ---
    Is that what Russian scientists spend their time on? Finding a cure for homosexuality? I would of thought there may be some bigger priorities.

11. Mjr_Minor

Mjr_Minor Celebrity Meeper

You're bringing to light an article, who's content is about a bunch of scientists who are using damn near historic data in the attempt to 'cure' homosexuality? Yes, there are plenty of scientific theories that have stood the test of time longer than that, but when you're looking to develop a 'cure' for something surely you'd want the most up to date statistics and findings. I'm sorry if I find something inherently flawed with their processes.

12. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

I
    I based it off of how many replies it got, and each person Was Disagreeing with someone

13. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Ah, third state court ruling striking down a ban this month. Congratulations, Oregon. The best part is, during the first court meeting, there was nobody there to defend the ban. The state refuses to defend the same-sex marriage ban, so we can all count on no stayed appeals for this one!

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2014/05/oregon_gay_marriage_ban_struck.html
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2014, Original Post Date: May 19, 2014 ---
    Welp. Governor Corbett of Pennsylvania has denied a stayed appeal for the same-sex marriage ruling. That means that Pennsylvania officially legalizes same-sex marriage. (Unless he changes his mind?). That said, the entire Northeast region of the United States now recognizes same-sex marriage. Big milestone indeed.

14. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

Thank GOD. I think I have a speech from 6th grade that I can dig up and post; Hold on.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2014, Original Post Date: May 21, 2014 ---

I wrote this back in 6th grade (I'm in 7th grade #OneYearOldSwag) So don't expect a masterpiece ;3

Imagine this: marriage is illegal; ridiculous, right? If you are homosexual, you couldn’t marry and you wouldn’t be able to visit your loved one if he/she was in the hospital. Another right bypassed is that the gays and lesbians are sometimes discriminated! There’s also the fact that even though gay couples may not be able to bear kids of their own, they have the possibility of adopting. The fact that homosexuals don’t have the right to marry is ridiculous, and, if necessary, there shouldn’t be a reason why not to have another civil rights movement.

Homosexuals are discriminated with constitutional rights. For example, if one person in the homosexual couple has an injury, his partner could not visit him in the hospital. The couple also does not get access to COUNTLESS marriage rights, including Medicare. Also, according to the American Psychological Association and more organizations, they said, "...allowing same-sex couples to marry would give them access to the social support that already facilitates and strengthens heterosexual marriages, with all of the psychological and physical health benefits associated with that support.” This says that Gays and Lesbians should get the rights of heterosexual couples; it’s only fair. There is also the reasoning of the way it affects the heterosexual people. The effect? NONE. I personally see NO REASON WHY THEY SHOULD CARE. The homosexuals go on with daily routines, and the heterosexuals go on with theirs. This is just one of the shocking discriminations of gay marriage.

The homosexual community also gets discriminated very unkindly. They are treated like African-Americans before the civil rights movement in a sense; for example, Blacks were called names like negro, and some more, very vulgar names. Homosexuals also have been called some vulgar names, but the one most used is homo, derived from homosexual. They also get discriminated from jokes made on the internet, newspapers, and such, often portrayed in comics or animated cartoons.Why would you discriminate these people? They are normal people, their only difference being their sexual desires. Finally, they contribute to the economy, military, workforce, and others, so why discriminate them? They are helping this country as much as the heterosexuals are. People who discriminate the gay community are just as bad if not worse then those who discriminated blacks before the civil rights movement.

The laws that prohibit gay marriage are discriminating to the homosexual community, and we need to put a stop to it. They have the same rights as heterosexuals do, except marriage, but who are we to prevent their love? There is also the fact that they don’t give kids, but they can adopt, solving the problem of adoption in the country. And, they get discriminated like blacks before the civil rights movement, even though they help with the economy, workforce, and military. This country gets help from every race/ethnic/sex, so it makes no sense to discriminate the gay people. We have to put a stop to this, for they are very much alike us, just with different sexual identity.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2014 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2014 ---
    [​IMG]

Skaros123 and Empoleon_master like this.
  15. Britney

Britney Popular Meeper

Oh goodness no.

16. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

I believe that people like rusian there should not be alowed to have kids around them, get serilized and basically put in jail and get therapy to get themselves cured, because if you're that ignorant you obviously need help, but oh I don't care what they do as long as that happens.

Isn't it interesting when the foot is up the other ass?

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  17. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think that it's a bit harsh what he said, if we want gays treated equal, we need anti-gays to realise we have feelings.

Skaros123 likes this.
  18. Mjr_Minor

Mjr_Minor Celebrity Meeper

I think Empoleon was purely doing that to make a point, one that perhaps missed the mark a little.

I have nothing against people who are anti-gay, per se, as long as they aren't doing anything to take away their human rights. I personally would not like a gay guy to hit on me if I were at a bar, but it's not because I'm anti-gay. I'd feel the exact same way if an elderly lady did the same thing - they're just not my type. I'm not going to go "Eww gross get away from me gayboy", I'd rather just say "I really appreciate what you're trying to do, and it's very flattering - I'm just not gay".

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  19. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

I never even saw this quote but I think you are wrong.

I know a homosexual Broadway actor, he is nice and decided he wanted to adopt a child with his boyfriend. The kid is very respectful, kind, and an all around good person. The child is grateful to be in a home where his adoptive parents care for him and do everything they can to give him a good education so he can succeed.

What is better, a gay family adopting a child that seeks a family, and actually cares for the child or a natural born child in a dysfunctional heterosexual family that ends in divorce, and has a lot of conflict?

Homosexuals don't have a mental illness, they just are attracted to a different sex for whatever reason. I like females and I can't explain why... I just do. Homosexuals just find their own sex attractive and that's that.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2014, Original Post Date: May 22, 2014 ---
    Yeah, its weird.....

20. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

Let them be

Skaros123 likes this.