1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

Can you provide an example?

2. TheDebatheist

TheDebatheist Popular Meeper

3. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

lol , that doesn't affect me either. Since, it's not affecting me, I don't care. And.. why is everyone obsessed by ''sex'' when we are talking about homo stuff?
    It's exactly what I think... and yes, agree.

4. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

Tell me now, what's he difference between a homosexual and heterosexual person?

5. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

“Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is an abomination.” (Leviticus 18:22)

“If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

"...historians tell us our model of loving, long-term homosexual relationships did not meaningfully exist in Canaanite culture. This was a tribal culture in which it would have been virtually impossible to form such relationships. Offspring were essential to survival in this primitive agricultural economy. Moreover, there were rigid distinctions between women’s work and men’s work. If two men had lived together as a couple, for example, one of them would have been placed in the position of doing women’s work, and the presence of a man working among the women of the village would not have been tolerated."

- http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblical_evidence/leviticus.html

This proves that Leviticus couldn't have possibly been referring to homosexuals. Checkmate Theists.

(At least in a discreet and obvious manner, stating that homosexuality is indeed a sin.)

TheDebatheist likes this.
  6. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

...homo: same sex, that person is a gay or a lesbian
    and hetero: different sex, normal person ( man with woman)

7. TheDebatheist

I have actually heard this kind of argument used in defense of God's character.

"Homosexuality relationships didn't exist then as they do now. Therefore, when people say that Jesus/God would not have approved of modern homosexuality, they're trying to compare non-modern homosexual relationships to modern ones. It's not an accurate rep of what Jesus/God thinks!"

You could do this with anything in the Bible. "Ahhh, well society has changed and things are different than they were back then!"

Of course they are! It's been 2000 years! Frankly, I'd be more surprised if relationships HADN'T changed.

Reading the full text, a condemnation of homosexuality is absolutely consistent with God's character.

Please, pleeeeease don't do that.

8. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Doesn't matter. Christians don't follow Leviticus. If they did, then they wouldn't be allowed to eat pork.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2015 ---
    You could look into what is considered a eunuch at the time of the Bible. A lot of evidence can claim that homosexuals were considered eunuchs in the Bible. This doesn't mean that practicing homosexuality is okay in the Bible, but it is interesting to see how one can make an argument that people don't choose their sexual orientation (supported by religious text). If anything, the Bible would urge homosexuals to be celibate, as opposed to "changing" their sexual orientation.

9. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Please explain to me what a eunuch is, skaros.

10. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

It's a male that's not capable of impregnating a women (such as a castrated or infertile man) Eunuchs can also include men who are capable of having sex (forgot the specifics to make them into eunuchs, though). Jesus said “There are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”Matthew 19:12

Honestly, one can make a decent argument to say that homosexuals were considered eunuchs. There's no other mention in the Bible as far as saying people are born with a sexual orientation, so something like being "born gay" is definitely not denied in the Bible. Aside from practicing homosexuality, there's no reason to believe a gay person is not a eunuch.

If a homosexual

11. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

So now tell me, what do you think it has to do with sex?

12. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Wasn't going to get involved here, but the amount of ignorance compelled me. Because "homo stuff" involves sex. Your definition of sex comes from no where. Sex is an action, not a state of being on who its between.
    http://www.bettertoknow.yk.ca/whatissex.php
    https://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/sex/whats-sex

Ranger0203 likes this.
  13. HoF_Code

HoF_Code Popular Meeper

I learned from the Bible that God said he made Man and Women to be together, not man and man or woman and woman. This is what I beleive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 4, 2015 ---
    This is another stupid argument, time to bring in the big guns and stop this mess before it gets outta hand @reggles44 @PainCakexx1997 @KlutchDecals

14. Miku

Miku One Hell of a Miku Staff Member Mod

Religion isnt something that needs to be brought into the matter, this thread isnt about that.

15. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

Didn't even know i was one of the big guns ;) I am a big beliver in freedom so i am all for the Gay community. And another thing is that the more men that are gay, the more girls it will be for the rest of us straight guys :) I have a lot of friends that have diffrent sexual preffrences, i look at it like this. As long as everyone respect each other i do not have a issue with anyone :)

TimtheFireLord and Buttersword27 like this.
  16. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

In Greek culture homosexuality was very widely accepted and it was considered unusual for people NOT to have homosexual relations with anyone else. (I know I don't have sources, it's something I heard, I'm too lazy to look it up again because I don't take these arguments very seriously.)

Buttersword27 likes this.
  17. TheDebatheist

Your god also condones slavery and mass genocide. Do you think these are 'okay' too? I'm not being nasty here, take a look for yourself.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_Bible

Your god explains; how much you should pay for slaves, who you should enslave, how long to keep your slaves, and how to trick your fellow Jews into being your slaves forever. He also kills around 2 millions people, sometimes for incredibly petty reasons (E.g. For mocking a man's baldness).
    I don't get statements like these. What if you'd have said...

"I learned from the Bible that God said black people were inferior to whites. That they were never meant to be a white man's equal.

This is what I believe."

I'm sorry, but adding *that* onto the end makes you no less of a racist. Likewise, you're still a homophobe. Whether you hide behind your religion's holy book, or any other book.

18. Glambert_Girl

Glambert_Girl Active Meeper

Your support means a lot to me :D

PainCakexx1997 likes this.
  19. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

I just don't get it... Racism, homophobia, sexism... Why does someone feel that someone who is different from you in some aspect is inferior? We've come so far in terms of equality but it sucks to see this sort of thing is still around :( Let people do what they want, be who they want to be, without constant hatred and discrimination, it's horrible.

20. Buttersword27

Buttersword27 Well-Known Meeper

I feel like, "if you're not having sex with me, I don't care whether you're gay or not" and so I think it should be ok (and maybe even common) to make gays equal (and if you don't, TOO BAD!)

fasehed likes this.