1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Alright, so you get to pick and choose what you follow in the Bible? I don't remember that being a part of Christianity, but I could be wrong.

To put it into perspective, imagine if there was a law that prevented you from eating pig meat, and that people were against your very existence because you wanted to eat pig meat. Imagine that countless people told you that you should die or that your lifestyle is gross because you eat pig meat. Imagine that all this happened because people believed in a book that has been translated so many times that the original words are very likely lost, so logically everything in it should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. creepersareokay

creepersareokay Celebrity Meeper

Unless you account for other factors, NOT just the average income of men in America and Women in America each year.

Ranger0203 and Skaros123 like this.
  3. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

I few things the Bible has been translated many times but there are Manuscripts from when the Bible was made that show that the bible did not change very much the Bible is considered as a book that has changed very little over the time it was written.
    I do not know why we eat pig when it says we should not I have always been brought up eating stuff like bacon pork ect but almost everyone eats pig meat and other unclean creatures Christians eat most unclean creatures people that are Jewish and believe in Jewdisum on the other hand do not eat unclean creatures
    I think the rule do not eat unclean creatures applies to only Jewish people because they where considered God's holy people and he did not want them to eat unclean creatures I am not sure if the rule applies to us
    I will do more research and I will try to come back to you on your question on the unclean creatures consumption

4. Msoper(y0b)

Msoper(y0b) Celebrity Meeper

The bible be split into two parts homie g old testament and New Testament.

The New Testament is what Christians are supposed to follow now, since everything supposedly changed when "Jesus" came down.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2015 ---
    The bible said to not eat pork back then because it was hard to keep fresh and carried diseases easily, now we dont need to worry about that.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  5. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

The main reason pork was banned was because people couldn't cook it right back then. If pork is under cooked, it can make you very sick. The Old Testament pretty much was for its given time period. Back then, it was basically common sense not to eat bad meat and to respect your parents and so on. It seems like the New Testament is a replacement for old law which really doesn't have any relevance today. I don't mean to offend anyone whose religion forbids pork, but speaking from a Christian point of view, one shouldn't have a problem eating pork despite what is said in Leviticus.

6. Buttersword27

Buttersword27 Well-Known Meeper

I am gay myself, so I believe gay/lesbian people should have EXACTLY the same rights and need the same amount of respect that straight people get. This also goes for people who(especially in America) are a differently treated because of their race or ethnic background. I mean, they are still humans, just born on a different part of the Earth.

Skaros123 and TimtheFireLord like this.
  7. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

Aldo imagine that the original book itself has never actually been found, just translations of it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 16, 2015 ---

8. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

That's funny, because pork is salty xD. BTW, BACON FTW!!!
    BACON= Bacon Adorers Consume Oily Nutrients (such as those found in bacon)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2015 ---
    If they're born in America, they're not born on a different part of the earth.....

chaos546 likes this.
  9. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Also imagine that the book's writings were compiled somewhere between 500-1000 years after the institution that cites the book as the source of their teachings was founded, and by a completely different group of people from the group that started said institution.

TimtheFireLord and chaos546 like this.
  10. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

how is this thread still going.

chaos546 and Skaros123 like this.
  11. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

Its interesting

12. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

It's NOT a debate at this point, it's the exchanging of opinions, derailing into religion as a credible source for the basis of an argument.

Give me Occam's Razor.

The only true argument against homosexuality is that it has been considered a cultural/social taboo. This is because back in the early days, people needed to reproduce much more than needed now in order to maintain the population of a town or country. Today, there are over 7 billion people on Earth, some even consider that too large. This is why countries with a low population are extremely against homosexuality. (Russia still has a lower population than it did before WWII) The US doesn't have this problem. (China is an anomaly, as their culture has persevered through the ages, thus allowing for old norms to stick)

Homosexual behavior has been recorded in nature, so that theory is bust.

I believe that, with an objective view on homosexuality and "gay rights", there is no reason that, atleast in the US, it shouldn't be allowed.

What

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  13. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Gay rights aren't really an issue anymore, we all can get married.

People are saying "rights" with an s as if there were more than one right they should get.

If anything, racism is more of an issue.

14. kwagscraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employment_discrimination_law_in_the_United_States
    In many states, gender identity and sexual orientation can still be discriminated against in things like employment.

chaos546 and Skaros123 like this.
  15. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

16. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Race is protected under practically all types of discrimination. Sexual orientation and gender identity is not. The GOP keeps blocking bills that would protect LGBT people from discrimination.

Ranger0203 and WarriorHeart like this.
  17. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

GOP?

18. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

19. kwagscraft

Grand old party. The Republicans.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  20. Dannerzz

Dannerzz Popular Meeper

Well said my friend