1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Historicmush

Historicmush Popular Meeper

^
    I do agree with you that gay people aren't bad people. In fact, some of them can be very good people. But, "Straight" couples tend to be better parents. I'm NOT saying that all "straight" couples are good or perfect parents, but I'm pretty sure they are better than the gay parents.

I am a christian, and in the Bible it says that a Man is meant for a Woman and a Woman is meant for a Man. Before you say anything about the Bible, I do not know everything about the Bible. I do believe in the Bible 100%.

Miro995 likes this.
  2. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

It's like this: Marriage isn't a biological bond, but it does create chemical changes in the human brain. Humans are animals that mate for life, and generally stick with their partner, reproducing as they go. Being gay is actually natural, as it occurs naturally. However, many people are correct, it is not... correct... to love people of the same sex. I say correct to mean "similar to the rest of the species, in a way that fits with the way the species lives". Personally, though, I don't care if people are gay, because it doesn't affect me, or anyone who isn't gay.
    I mean, why should people care if a couple can't reproduce?

3. Cookies713

Cookies713 Celebrity Meeper

Prove to me that straight parents are better than gay parents. Give me proof, from a respectable and known website, not some random thing, that straight parents are 'better' than straight parents. Then I may chage my views. But is that the only arguement you have against gay people? That they will be bad parents?

I am not a Christian and I do not believe the Bible, so I do not accept the Bible as a legitimate reason to deny people their right to marry.
    normal
    ˈnɔːm(ə)l/
    adjective
    adjective: normal
    1. 1.
      conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
      "it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food"
      synonyms:usual, standard, typical, stock, common, ordinary, customary, conventional, habitual, accustomed, expected, wonted, everyday, regular, routine, day-to-day, daily, established, settled, set, fixed, traditional, quotidian, prevailing More

antonyms:unusual, abnormal
      • (of a person) free from physical or mental disorders.
        "until her accident Louise had been a perfectly normal little girl"
        synonyms:sane, in one's right mind, right in the head, of sound mind, in possession of all one's faculties, able to think/reason clearly, lucid, rational, coherent, balanced, well balanced;More

antonyms:insane, irrational
    2. 2.
      technical
      (of a line, ray, or other linear feature) intersecting a given line or surface at right angles.
      "a single plane of symmetry with a diad axis normal to it"
    3. 3.
      MEDICINE
      (of a salt solution) containing the same salt concentration as the blood.
      "dilute the stock solution with sterile water or normal saline"
      • CHEMISTRYdated
        (of a solution) containing one gram-equivalent of solute per litre.
    4. 4.
      GEOLOGY
      denoting a fault or faulting in which a relative downward movement occurred in the strata situated on the upper side of the fault plane.
    noun
    noun: normal; plural noun: normals
    1. 1.
      the usual, typical, or expected state or condition.
      "her temperature was above normal"
      • informal
        a person who is conventional or healthy.
    2. 2.
      technical
      a line at right angles to a given line or surface.
      "the view is along the normal to the surface"

Apologies for long definition, but nowhere in here does it say that normal means the majority.

4. Dat_Coffee

Dat_Coffee Popular Meeper

I used to think you were a good person, Historicmush. Then you start going on rants about how gay people are bad. Shame on you.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  5. Cookies713

Fun fact; after the age of about 60-70, a woman can no longer have children. So the couple cannot reproduce. Yet we allow infertile women to marry, even though the couple cannot reproduce. That's not "correct", yet it happens. So the couple not being able to reproduce is not an arguement again gay marriage.

6. Dat_Coffee

My opinion on this topic: Gays are gays. Straights are straight. Neither should interfere negatively with the other. Someone else being gay doesn't affect you being straight, and vice versa. So you puny mortals keep on living your pathetic lives, while I, TheBasedGod, prepares to destroy and/or enslave you all.

Erebus45, iMelXP and Ranger0203 like this.
  7. Ranger0203

Just so you know, the definition of normal you posted just proved his point.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 27, 2015 ---
    I never said it was.

8. Cookies713

What, the conforming to a standard bit? Usual? Typical?
    Just saying.

9. Ranger0203

Yes. Heterosexual couples are normal; gay couples are not. It's just a fact, like, Australians are normal in Australia, Martians are not. There's nothing wrong with Martians (I hope), but they're not normal.

metr0n0me likes this.
  10. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Not To Be Rude, But I Am 100% Against Gays And Lesbians. Don't Hate Cause It's Not What You Think.

11. Dat_Coffee

Okay, that's not why we'll hate you then. How about we hate you because you are a homophobic bigot. That better?

Empoleon_master likes this.
  12. Ranger0203

Just because he is against gays doesn't mean he's a bigot. He's only a bigot if he expresses 0 tolerance towards them. As long as he doesn't go around ranting/hating on homosexuals, he's not a bigot. He expressed his opinion politely, so the least you can do is return the favor.

13. Dat_Coffee

So polite.

14. Cookies713

Well then how about you explain to us why you are against them. Preferably not with every first letter of every word capitalized, because then I won't be able to read it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 28, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 28, 2015 ---
    My personal definition of normal is the natural progression of life/natural occurrences in the world. So you see why I disagreed with the way normal was used.

chaos546 likes this.
  15. Dat_Coffee

lol

Cookies713 likes this.
  16. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Puerto Rico just legalized marriage as they ammended their laws.

17. Ranger0203

Sure, but as the definition of normal is average, it seemed weird to me you'd post the definition of normal. And yes, the caps get to me too :p
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 28, 2015 ---
    Wait.... People couldn't marry in puerto rico before they amended their laws? Wow, musta been a sad place.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 28, 2015 ---
    He was, believe it or not, being polite. He didn't say "God hates gays, because they are ************* idiots, who aren't capable of human thought because of their unnatural tendencies."

This falls under people being too politically correct; we feel that if someone speaks out against a group, they are automatically bigots, and being rude.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Erebus45 and Fangdragon1998 like this.
  18. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

It's a US territory that's not a state.

19. Ranger0203

so nobody could get married there before this?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 28, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 28, 2015 ---
    And yes, I know that, I'm not an idiot. Well I kinda am, because I forgot what it was called, but I knew it was not a state, but still owned by the us. I had a friend in second grade from puerto rice :p.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  20. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

Lol you're a moron.