1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

It's a debate about the bible's shown "hatred towards homosexuals".

Empoleon_master likes this.
  2. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

I have heard that story before too but I never really looked into it much. I will definitely watch Banned from the Bible.

3. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

It's on the history channel SOMETIMES and at weird times like 3-5pm est but that was months ago.

Erebus45 likes this.
  4. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

Almost everything on the history channel that doesn't pertain to stuff like ww2 is pure bullshitt including that show lol

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal likes this.
  5. Empoleon_master

Really, so when they mention the dead sea scrolls and what is in the Qur'an those books and scrolls don't exist, and neither do their translations. Oh and don't forget that you just said Modern Marvels is now a lie...just like when they showed how cakes are made, or the amazing usefulness that grease has. (it was gross and very interesting at the same time.)

6. LR_Davius

Of course the Dead Sea scrolls exists, but their interpretations of things are ridiculous. I recall seeing a program describing why Jesus was a vampire on the history channel. I believe "banned from the bible" as much as I believe "ancient aliens"

7. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Let's all just take a moment and
    [​IMG]

8. mrminorchord

mrminorchord New Meeper

Yes, certainly. The problem is that opponents aren't willing to agree with it. They aren't willing to tolerate it. It's perfectly fine not to agree with it.

9. Empoleon_master

You do realize that they air that kind of bs rarely because it gets them a high viewer count from the crazy people that believe that, right?

They do actually air things with FACTS behind them Banned from the bible actually has real evidence to back them up, not "experts" that they find on a NY city street corner that have a PHD and believe there were ancient aliens.
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

10. LR_Davius

I merely mentioned ancient aliens because I was applying the same type of response as you did when you mentioned modern marvels. I have yet to find legitimate proof for the claims made by 'banned from the bible' but this is a discussion for a different thread.

11. Empoleon_master

Just wanted to say this, Target is extremely supportive of LGBT rights, and that the managers even get pronoun training for when talking about transgender people/non binary gendered people. Such as knowing to use they and them, instead of terms they might find offensive such as binary gendered pronouns such as he or she.

Just +38195849163759585727374 TARGET!

Skaros123 likes this.
  12. Fangdragon1998

Just pointing out
    I dont get offended if people say "he" when talking about me. Sometimes I correct them in a joking way or such, but there's not really a reason for me to be offended.
    why should someone who appears male not be called "he" unless specifically requested? I find it presumptious of them to expect people to and then be offended when they dont. Seriously, hoe are they supposed to know?
    which brings me to wonder what kind of training these people need. Are they training them to recognicze transgender people? Then tht brings stereotypes and misunderstands all around.

Aaaand it also brings me to wonder why theyd even use pronouns in the first place, other than saying formalities such as, "how are you doing sir?" Or something. They're usually speaking directly to the customer.

To put it simply, why the heck would they do that, it makes no sense.

Erebus45 likes this.
  13. Empoleon_master

If the person being refered to is transgender/of an unknown gender (ie you don't know if they are a he or she or they) then use genderless pronouns, until you know what gender they identify as, because you never know when you're going to encounter a transgender person an it's always good to make sure you don't make an ************** of yourself.

14. Fangdragon1998

Let me go check what percentage of the population transgender people are.

Seriously, though, I am not going to call everyone a "they" until I know for a fact what they prefer to be called. If they feel uncomfortable, they can correct me. If they're fine with it, then I see no problem. Either way, in this case, it's better to serve correctly the vast majority.

Erebus45 likes this.
  15. Empoleon_master

Sorry I forgot the rule was that if you can't tell what the person's gender is use non gender descriptive terms. My bad.

16. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

A friend of mine from school is transgendered. Born female, prefers to be called "he", even though he is biologically female. It takes us some time to get used to saying "he" and "him because we were so used to saying her and she before he came out of the closet. But, he's pretty accepting when people say "she" because, well, people might not know about his gender identity right away, or he understands that they just aren't used to saying "she" and "he" yet. It wasn't until a few months ago that I got used to using the terms "he" and "him", because I've been using "she" and "her" years before he came out. He just corrects us sometimes and we move on.

Then again, I guess it's different for everyone.

17. Empoleon_master

Excuse me while I win this thread.
    reasons to oppose marriage equality.jpg

18. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

I'm sorry but can you keep all your tumblr copy paste jobs onto one post because you've spammed up the last few pages with these

19. Empoleon_master

Actually they're not from tumblr they're from Lizzy the Lezzy on facebook.

Erebus45 likes this.
  20. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

Whatever just please post them in one area because it's not contributing to the debate