1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

You do realize this statement makes you one stupid, arrogant kid? There is no need to attack the opposing side, that makes your cause look bad. You should rather just support your side with logic or facts, not attack the other side. ad hominem m8

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    TheDebatheist likes this.
  2. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

I guess the way he worded it was unjust. Being against someone because of their sexual orientation is bad. Although, I guess finding it weird isn't so bad.

Empoleon_master and scoowby like this.
  3. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

I edited my post to make myself more clear. lel

Also, yeah, being against someone because of sexual orientation is bad. No one chooses who they like, you just do. However, there was no need for Jeff to attack the other side. It's disrespectful.

TimtheFireLord and Skaros123 like this.
  4. TimtheFireLord

TimtheFireLord Celebrity Meeper

Although I disagree with your opinion, I highly respect that you still believe it to be legal although you do not believe in the practice itself.

Empoleon_master likes this.
  5. TimtheFireLord

Sorry, but this comparison doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the KKK members NOT go to an African-American owned bakery? Isn't that against their whole cult thing? And what would they need a cake with a lynching on it for anyway? Plus, while I respect your opinion, I really don't like that you are comparing a personality to a rascist, terroristic hate-group.

6. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

It is a hypothetical, I'm not saying this would actually happen. But, if it did, they would both get refused service because of the owner's beliefs, it does not matter that you don't like them.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  7. TimtheFireLord

Oh, I interpreted it the wrong way. And sorry about nitpicking it, I like to do that. :p

Empoleon_master and smeef like this.
  8. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Really IGAF about who you like what your race is or gender identity is, what matters is if you're an A hole or not.

Because I see that stuff like the color of someone's wall that's 80 miles from your house, it's there, it's that color AND WHO THE ^%&@#%##@$ REALLY CARES? The reason you should care is if they are living under worse conditions via stupid laws or are being harassed or hurt mentally or physically or are being discriminated over THE COLOR OF A WALL. Because that's really how pointless the argument of "OMG IT'S A CHOICE LET'S TAKE AWAY THEIR RIGHTS, BECAUSE IT SAYS SO IN MY INTERPRETATION OF A RELIGOUS BOOK THAT HAS BEEN ALTERED 5K+ TIMES THROUGHOUT HISTORY, BY PEOPLE."

There's really nothing you can do about it, and who cares if you like the color of their wall or not, BECAUSE IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT COLOR, and for the last time just SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH IT.

In the immortal words of Carson Philips (a fictional character written by Chris Colfer) "I don't care if you're black white, green, purple, gay, bi, whatever" (then he proceeds to go and blackmail the a holes of his school that have treated him like crap for 10+ years, and the reason he said that was because he was blackmailing two guys that were in the closet.)

Anyway, point is what matters to me is weather or not you're an ass or not, because why should the rest matter?

9. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

I don't understand what you trying to say.

10. Empoleon_master

I was comparing sexuality etc to the color of someone's wall 80+ miles away as in who cares and why should you care about it? What matters is if the person is being discriminated due to it etc, because all that should really matter is if they're an a hole or not.

11. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

This is a good point, but it just feels weird. lol

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  12. Empoleon_master

And why the @#^#$%# should they be discriminated against because the color of their wall?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 2, 2014 ---
    It's a certain color, DEAL WITH IT!

13. TimtheFireLord

I don't know.

14. Empoleon_master

The discrimination of someone because of their sexuality, gender identity to me is as pointless and stupid as discriminating someone because of the color of their wall, I mean it's just a wall, it's there and OMG IT'S A CERTAIN COLOR, EVERYBODY MUST HATE THEM NOW!

15. TimtheFireLord

OOOOoooohhhhhhh....I get it nooooooowwww....

Empoleon_master likes this.
  16. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

This isn't really a popular opinion though, I've seen religious nuts who act like that, but they are far and few.

17. IHAS

IHAS Popular Meeper

Just thought I would add this. Youtube is branching out to support LGBT in sports. If you look they have a rainbow soccer ball in the top left of their page.

They also uploaded this to their spotlight channel.

scoowby, Squid53214, Erebus45 and 3 others like this.
  18. Skaros123

Google has always been a very supportive company for the LGBTQ+ community, that's why I love them. They are doing this for gay pride month (June). They did something similar last year known as "ProudToLove", where a bunch of popular Youtubers told their stories regarding coming out of the closet or their experiences with the LGBT community.

IHAS and Empoleon_master like this.
  19. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

DISCLAIMER: Alright I don't want to come off as a straight up jerk this is not my intention of this post DISCLAIMER.
    Have you ever heard of a Gay/Lesbian Animal?? Probably not. So do you think that because we have a consciousness and a Social System (Of sorts) that Humans go against the Norm. Of Society?? IMO everything has a reason to be and lifes most basic goal is to Reproduce and Die sorry to say it but basically that's it. Not saying that I don't enjoy the other parts if life (wich I do!!) but most people find that fact strange that a man could love a man or a Woman could love a Woman even though nothing new is created in this bond.

Also another theory (going back to my Animal question at the top)
    Some people (Including myself) find Gays/Lesbians odd due to the fact it isn't natural because it never happens in Nature. (With about 1 exception I can think of.)

20. Skaros123

Let me stop you, RIGHT THERE!

Homosexuality has been found in over 1500 species. Elephants, lions, horses, dogs, cats, giraffes, swans, and lots more. There's even species of monkeys where their entire race is bisexual. Lesbian swan are actually known to lure male swan to impregnate one of them so they can raise a child together, as same-sex parents. However, just because something is unnatural does not mean it's a bad thing.

Given today's technology, it is possible for same-sex couples to reproduce. In fact, people are able to take the DNA from 1 lesbian parent and replace the DNA in sperm and use it to fertilize her partner's egg. This results in 2 biological mothers. Scientists are also on the verge of making it so a man is able to produce an egg, so the egg can be fertilized by his partner and put in a surrogate mother to take care of.

Even if same-sex couples decide not to go that route, adoption is a great alternative.