1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Debates' started by scoowby, May 7, 2014.

1. scoowby

scoowby Celebrity Meeper

Hey guys! I just wanted your opinions on gay rights. Please no hate on this thread!

Personally, I have nothing at all against gay people. "Decide what to be and go be it"

2. CinnamonTiny

CinnamonTiny Popular Meeper

There's no such thing as homophobes; just bigots.

KyloMeep, Adrian, Lilliya and 16 others like this.
  3. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

For years, people have argued about the types of rights LGBTQA+ people get. Some people are die hard supporters, and other people are seated to their beliefs that homosexuality is wrong and immoral. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and beliefs, so determining the future of these rights is difficult.

In some countries, being gay means losing your friends. In other countries, being gay means losing your life. Many LGBTQ teens around the globe have been bullied and have had their rights teared apart. Some countries will hold public executions for people who have participated in gay sex. Other countries might throw you in jail at the mere assumption that you are gay. People in the LGBTQ community go through a lot in their lives; being ridiculed, harassed, fired from work, kicked out of buildings, beaten, disowned by family, and sometimes even murdered. Let us remember that history is destined to repeat itself, and that LGBTQ people are not the only people in history to have gone through tough times. Should we consider LGBTQ rights as part genuine civil rights? Or should we continue to discriminate against those whose rights have been taken from them?

I believe being gay is innate, and not a choice. Studies have shown being gay is caused the same way people become left handed. In fact, lesbians are x2 more likely to be left handed than straight women. I can go on and on and on about the biology behind homosexuality, but that's not important. What is important is the love that two consenting adults share with each other. The reason LGBTQ people are so discriminated against is because of the lack of desire for change. People hate what they cannot understand. They don't know what it's actually like to be gay, and they mock those who are simply because of their differences. Even if being gay was a choice, what happens in the bedroom is none of your business.

There's those who want to ban gay marriages because of their own religious beliefs. Well, let me tell you something. Equal rights are not to be voted on. Allowing gay marriages doesn't make people conform against your beliefs. Allowing gay marriage vindicates the right of all faiths to freely exercise their religious practices. Many Native American tribes have allowed same-sex marriages. Their belief was that the man and woman exists within everyone, and same-sex marriages are no different than opposite-sex marriages. Love is love, and that's all there is to it.

Why is it more socially acceptable to be 16 and pregnant than it is to be gay? It seems as if people worry more about LGBT than they do about the real problems of the world. People are throwing millions and millions of dollars to taking away the rights of gay people, and they forget about the real issues. Problems like poverty, famine, disease, and violence are practically pushed aside while big organizations fight to protect "the sanctity of marriage". Why are people able to get married to a hooker, drunk, in Las Vegas by a guy dressed as Elvis and then get a divorce 4 hours later, but not be allowed to get married if they're gay? There's gay people with stronger, more loyal relationships than some of the marriages that are legal. According to the government, two straight people who hate each other have more of a right to get married than two gay people who love each other.

It wasn't until 2010 that gays were allowed to join the military in the USA. 2010... just imagine that. After 17 years of "Don't Ask Don't Tell", gays were not allowed to fight for their own country. They were not allowed to fight to save the liberty that you all take for granted. There was someone in the military who was gay, and admitted to being gay after he risked his life over seas to fight for our freedom. His confessional was video taped and played in front of a group of GOP members. They responded by "booing" him. What were they booing? Were they booing the fact that he lied to fight for his country? Or were the booing the mere fact that he was gay?

The state of Mississippi recently passed a law saying that owners of a business reserve the right to not serve people based on one's religious beliefs. This law was specifically directed against gay people, meaning it is now legal in that state to throw someone out of your business if they are gay. History is indeed destined to repeat itself. Americans have fought for the right for people to be allowed to walk into a store without fear of discrimination. Now, it seems as if some people with power feel as if discrimination should be allowed to take place, so long as it is for "religious freedom". But how far does religious freedom take us? Are we allowed to practice whatever we want in church and respect other people's differences? Or, are we allowed to infringe on the rights of others in order to justify our own beliefs? It seems as if the state of Mississippi has chosen the latter. Take a moment to reflect on how far your religious liberty can go, and think about the religious freedom of others and how you must co-exist with them. Humanity can never progress if we are all divided.

Love sees no gender. That is why I, Skaros123, want to same liberty and rights as everyone else. I'm not a second class citizen, and I do not want to be treated as such. I want to experience what it's like to not live in fear of rejection and humiliation. I look for the day when people will no longer have to come out of the closet, when being gay is socially accepted and everyone can learn to live in peace. I want to get married and find the husband to cares about me most deeply. Someone who will be there for me when I'm alone, to give me a hand when I'm down. Marriage isn't about sex and procreation, it is about love and forever commitment till death do us part. I am thankful to live in a place where same-sex marriage is legal, and rights are given to people who like the same-sex. I hope you will tolerate me, the way I was born, the same way I will tolerate your beliefs.

Love conquers hate. Support equality, and be proud to love.

4. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

I don't mind gay's having rights and what not, I just find it weird.

5. Nara_Visa

Nara_Visa Celebrity Meeper

That is exactly what I was going to say. Every single bit.

FamousZAmos, -DrManateeeee- and A4TC like this.
  6. Skaros123

As long as you're not taking away any legal rights, I don't see a problem.

7. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

[NOTICE]: I am a Christian, so I am specifically talking to other religious people who might be reading this. So if you are an atheist that is fine, but be warned.

Quite frankly I think that gay/lesbian relationships are wrong. Plain and simple, wrong. But at the same time, America is on a decline, fueled by political correctness, and any who should dare stand in the way of political correctness are in for a hell of a time. That being said Gay rights laws WILL BE PASSED. There's no way to stop it. (well, there is, but it's not easy and no one is taking any action to do so) However, I do not have anything against gays. They are sinners just like anyone else. Just like me and you. But, what drives me CRAZY is the fact that you can't just accept them, in today's society, you have to AGREE with them, or you get in all kinds of trouble. And I will accept gay people any day. I will have them in my church, I will sit next to them in the pew, no problem. But the fact that if I claimed what they were doing was wrong I would be in trouble!? In my opinion America has come to the point where the slightest thing hurts people's feelings, and that they can't tolerate getting their feelings hurt. That is all. I'm not getting into any arguments, because ultimately, I will change no one's opinion.

8. _Chef_Carrott_

_Chef_Carrott_ Popular Meeper

I don't find anything wrong with being gay/lesbian. However I do think its kinda gross but people are people and we all are different.

Did you Skaros's rant?

9. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

I personally dislike the idea of gay/lesbian relationships but they're still people, if they get their rights them I'm fine.

10. _Chef_Carrott_

_Chef_Carrott_ Popular Meeper

This kid is a clone of me.

Or Im a clone of him....

TheNinjaOrange25 and Cascade1324 like this.
  11. Skaros123

It wasn't really a rant. I was just typing my heart out. :)

12. Mr. Spotted Camel

Mr. Spotted Camel Active Meeper

[​IMG]

13. Fly3232

Fly3232 Celebrity Meeper

I believe that gay marriages should be equal to straight marriages. You can't help it if you love a person that is the same gender as you.

Piper N, fasehed, Cherrykit and 13 others like this.
  14. joe_schmoe_1216

joe_schmoe_1216 Celebrity Meeper

I personally dis like this because I am Christian and the Bible says specificly that ONLY man and women shall live together. I go with the Bible.

Niiicck, LadyCassandra, cooey and 9 others like this.
  15. Fly3232

Fly3232 Celebrity Meeper

Btw, Skaros, you gave a nice speech. I am not being sarcastic. I read the whole thing.

16. Skaros123

Thing is, the Bible condemns divorce and says if a couple is to divorce then the woman is to be executed. If you live too strictly by the Bible, then you're falling into a pretty steep hole. It's heart breaking to see a divorce, but does that mean I want to start chucking stones at the woman? No.

The reason society has become so accepting of many practices is because we have learned the old methods of punishment are cruel and unnecessary. Jesus spoke out against religions that don't progress with time.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Adrian, fasehed, Cherrykit and 21 others like this.
  17. mistressmacabre

mistressmacabre Popular Meeper

The clothes you wear are made of unnatural synthesized fibers. The thing you're using to type on is made of unnatural plastics crafted from petroleum. You think Macbooks and American Eagle polos are found in nature?
    Homosexuality is, though. http://library.calstate.edu/sandieg...encedirect_doi_10_1016_j_anbehav_2011_08_0091

18. RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal

RuSiaN_PeDoBeaRAppeal Meeper

My signature VVV

19. Empoleon_master

Empoleon_master Celebrity Meeper

Thank you mistress, and remember that it's ok to marry your sister and have kids with her if you're a guy, so long as you are one of the few people on the planet or make her think that. #kaneandhissisterFTW
    Oh and don't forget people, we all know that people can marry their horse legally in places like texas (I kid you not this is real), but Dave and Sam can't get married because of the religious text with more than 500+ contradictions in it, that is taken out of context means that it's against the law. Well let me tell you guys this, there is no legal definition of a religion(go ahead go the library or a book store and look it up in a Marriam Webster's legal dictionary and show people here proof that there is no legal definition), so you can literally go say that you're (insert new religion name here ist) and that anyone that believes that according to their religion that being LGBTQA+ is a sin, is not only condemned to eternity in your religion's hell, but that their soul is split into one thousand+ different different pieces, so their suffering will be a thousand+ times greater than what they say is going to happen to you when you die.

#futureliberallawyer*******theworld!

Side note, I'm becoming a lawyer just so I can sue as many a holes that think they can in any form bully kids of any orientation and get away with it, I may not be able to send them all away, though I can certainly at least pay for the kids that they've tormented's therapy bills for a year or two with the money. Bully is poor? I guess they should've thought of what can happen to them when they get sued for tens of thousands of dollars, before they laughed at doing *insert horrible thing here* to someone.
    Not even that much money, no problem, I hope they like over crowded juvies with kids that were put in there because of them beating the crap out of a homophobic tool bag that hit them for years, and was not able to get the bully in trouble. (This sadly happens due to courts siding with the bully, because it's hard to convey years of mental abuse in mere words)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2014, Original Post Date: May 8, 2014 ---
    Also there's a funny video my friend sent me once that was a comedy group singing the real life study that while no where near PG (I wish I could find the video to send to people that would ask for it, but wow it was NOT PG) basically proved that the people who are homophobic are like 95% of the time secretly or are probably gay. I wonder if it would work on a certain well known troll here... hehehehe
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2014 ---
    Oh right, aren't we supposed to stone adulterers? Man, I wish they showed airings of that happening to the people in congress that are in need of a stoning with the scandals they've been in...oh, no wait that's considered physical assault, isn't it interesting what happens when US law and religous text that was made 2100+ years ago mix?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2014 ---
    Ok, last paragraph attached to a already huge wall of text and double post merging I swear.

I notice a lot of bills against gay rights being passed, but what about like mistressmacabre said, clothes made of unnatural synthesized fibers, why are there no laws being passed banning those because those are against the bible? Why aren't there any campaigns to raise money to ban those kinds of clothes from states? How come I see bigotry against something that's easy to get done, and doesn't affect the law makers, yet there is no biggotry when it comes to something that would not allow them to wear their fancy 2k+$ outfit that's cosy to wear to meetings.
    Where is the bill that according to the bible should be done without question, about a married woman grabbing some guy in a place she shouldn't, having her hand cut off? WHERE IS THIS BILL, IT'S IN THE BIBLE ISN'T IT? DOESN'T THAT MEAN THAT IT SHOULD BE THE LAW? OH, AND LETS NOT FORGET THE PART ABOUT PAYING YOUR SLAVE EVERY WEDNESDAY, CAN'T DO IT? THEN GET A SLAVE..OOPS THAT'S A NONO IN THE EYE'S OF THE US, MY BAD, IT'S JUST IN THE BIBLE, AND SHOULD THEREFOR BE LAW.

Before someone mentions the bible being against gay rights etc, and therefore the gays are going to hell one more time, consider the above. I can keep this on for days. (I actually can, I have an entire word document filled with these, and entire paragraphs of this stuff : D )

20. Skwisher

Skwisher Popular Meeper

Complaining about gay marriage is like getting angry at customer in front of you in Pizza Hut because they didn't order the pizza you like.

I liked this because of the effort you put into it.