1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Gay Rights In 2018?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Zer0000000000, Jul 7, 2018.

1. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

I hate the gays, let's put them on a stake

nhjed likes this.
  2. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Why deny rights to people who have done nothing except have the courage to be themselves?
    I think the idea of imposing a standard of “this is the way it should be” and using biology to disprove something that is purely emotional, love, is completely ridiculous.

3. TheFurtiveDude

TheFurtiveDude Popular Meeper

I don't see why you want to control other people. They should have every right anyone has. The United States is a religiously free country, and the government shouldn't be able to create laws based on religious beliefs (since that is a major reason that people are homophobic).
    Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that' - CNN
    As the pope said, "It doesn't matter" that people are gay. You shouldn't try to control someone based on their sexuality. People need to stop hating.

Muunkee and lollisweet101 like this.
  4. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

- CNN

Pmx728 likes this.
  5. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

Since you are either incapable or too lazy to do further research, here's a Fox News article.

The fact of the matter is that people do not want to be forced to be what you tell them to be. Gender and sexuality are quite fluid, and oppressing or discriminating against these fellow humans makes you quite reprehensible in my opinion. You are openly willing to alienate and call the removal of rights for a group of people who suffer from mental health issues and suicide as a direct result of your ideas. I support free speech. You are allowed to have your own opinions, but understand the repercussions if you fight for your ideas.

6. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

Muunkee, Enron and alex77034 like this.
  7. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

I'm alright with gay marriage, just not when blacks do it.

n00bslayer_99, Lilliya, Enron and 3 others like this.
  8. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I’m a gay black cancer surviving vegan atheist and I’m highly offended by this post

9. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Adam and Eve weren't real
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 1, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2018 ---
    Traditional would be that the man has full control over the marriage and the woman does whatever the man wants. Also it's often arranged and based on property/family needs as opposed to love. Really, traditional marriage is a lot more than just man and woman

10. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

If you think I am somehow lesser than you for being gay the please unfollow me. I would understand if you were even willing to listen to other people's arguments but you have shown nothing but incompetence and ignorance. At least the homophobic people I know can come up with a god damned decent argument.

11. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

I wouldn't say oppress? I was taught that it was wrong to be sterile- and even if someone didn't tell me it was wrong, I would still view it as unnatural in my eyes. Two sterile people kissing is basically a double negative and doesn't provide the world with anything useful like children.

I wouldn't say oppress? I was taught that it was wrong to be elderly- and even if someone didn't tell me it was wrong, I would still view it as unnatural in my eyes. Two elderly people kissing is basically a double negative and doesn't provide the world with anything useful like children.

@Zer0000000000 by your logic, we should take away some of the rights of people who are sterile or elderly?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 1, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2018 ---

12. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

damn they took the bait harder than the player base dropped

Zer0000000000 and Lilstokes like this.
  13. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

Don't care. Doesn't affect me. Government should only restrict the age you can get married at IMO.

kwagscraft likes this.
  14. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Finally, you're getting it!

Enron and twomoo1119 like this.
  15. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

We need to stop hating gays and start hating the people who deserve it: Cyclists.

Cyclists are f*ckwits.

Skaros123, cooey, twomoo1119 and 5 others like this.
  16. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

You take that back!

SuperDyl likes this.
  17. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

I wish I could like this post 20 times.

18. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

Oh I hate cyclists so much. Those pipes on wheels think they can be on the same road as my 2-ton machine? They expect to use the same space as cars but not follow the same rules as cars? They expect to act like cars but still follow pedestrian laws?

I've been told the Aussies hate cyclists. I guess that's something I have very much in common with them.

Muunkee and Dockson like this.
  19. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I have bigger problems with cars! I actually ride a bike to work and I agree that bikes are in an awkward position of acting both as car and pedestrian but that's when I realize how much the US caters to cars. At least where I live, so much is centered and planned around cars. For people to fit into a space near cars there either have to be lots of stop signs and road bumps or a large separation between cars and pedestrians. Bikes get the short end of the stick in determining laws and setting up infrastructure for the transportation because pedestrians have the same problem.

So yes, bikes are terrible on the road but only because roads have become barriers against all except for cars.

20. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

bikes are better for the environment, just like gay people.

kwagscraft likes this.