1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Forces5's Ban appeal.

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by forces5, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forces5

forces5 Celebrity Meeper

IGN: Forces5
    Date/Time: 16:10 25/11/2013
    Reason: Sexual reference via msg
    Ban Length: 5 days
    Staff Member: Mylucky7
    Why we should consider your appeal:
    Well i started of my just saying in shout "I like willy............The penguin" Which the word "willy" is considered a real name. So saying i like a penguin named willy Is hardly bannable for 5 days.

Second Me and mylucky7 are very close friends, we speak regularly on skype and play together all the time. Whilst I was in a skype call with him i joke /msged him "im gay" as a joke. He all he said that he did not want to do it but he had to.

After all this I looked at the rules and found this:

This includes all swearing/language that the staff or community consider inappropriate, or which implies inappropriate language. Minor infractions will incur punishments listed below, however if language contains sexual content, drug-related or other severe hate-related content (including but not limited to racial, religious, sexual orientation, etc) there will be up to a 3 day-permanent issued with no warnings. Mild content will incur a 1-3 day temp ban with no warning.

1st: Warn/Kick, 2nd: 1hour - 12hours, 3rd: 1day - 1week

What i want to first point out is this:
    "however if language contains sexual content, drug-related or other severe hate-related content (including but not limited to racial, religious, sexual orientation, etc) there will be up to a 3 day-permanent issued with no warnings."
    I feel it may be classed as that or:
    "Mild content will incur a 1-3 day temp ban with no warning."

After looking over everything myself I feel that a 5 day ban is to long for what i did.
    Looking at the rules I feel It should be a 1-3 day ban.

I sincerely sorry to Mylucky7 if he found this offensive or insulting in any way.

2. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

But more than that. Please check the reported bans which I have posted. However, I would be willing to shorten the ban if looked this is looked at by a person of a higher position.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  3. Netrarc

Netrarc Popular Meeper

Forces5, you and I both know that people like try to skirt the rule using double entendre: words or phrases that have more than one meaning.

Part of our job is to determine whether the "bad" meaning was intended, and whether that usage has the potential to offend other players.

So let's look at your statements:

You are partly right. Some people are named "Willy" (notice the capital 'W'). No one, however, is named 'willy.' Since you properly capitalized the beginning of the sentence (and, in fact, many sentences in your post) we can safely assume that you are familiar with accepted capitalization standards.

Moving past the capitalization, lets look at your punctuation.

If I like pizza, I say:

I don't say:
    Your punctuation clearly indicates that you intend

to be a complete thought, and that you are adding

as a feeble attempt to employ double entendre.

We know what you meant. You know what you meant.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    Lady_Hestia and DianaB72 like this.
  4. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

Denied.

Toostenheimer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.