1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

For everyone who's excited about No Man's Sky.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BlackJack, Aug 16, 2016.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

2. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

LOL, saw this on Twitter today. Priceless.

Rem > Emilia

3. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

wow i never knew ubisoft made NMS

BlackJack likes this.
  4. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Still a pretty cool game :)

BlackJack, Deljikho and Draqq like this.
  5. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

I put this one a Friends facebook the other day, I may as well share it here:

“Yo just throwing this in because I barely learned it. There are 10 different solar system classes, categorized by different star colors. These classes determine the composition of the life on planets and the types of resources available. Here's the kicker, you need upgraded warp drives to get to certain classes. For example the standard warp drive will only take you to Yellow Star solar systems. The Sigma upgrade will let you travel to Red Star solar systems, Tau and Theta permit you to go into Green/Blue Star solar systems. It doesn't matter how close a Red Star system is from you, you cannot travel to it without the Sigma upgrade. Supposedly the planets unlocked from the higher upgrades are basically more amazing and unique. So if you find planets getting repetitive then it's time to hunt for crashed ships with better upgrades. Additionally do not remove your warp upgrades because a Tau will not let you go to a Red Star solar system even though it's better than Sigma. Also all upgrades get a type of synergy when they are placed touching each other (this goes for suit/multi-tool/ship upgrades) you will notice the synergy by a colored box around the upgrades. Good luck exploring my friend I hope this helps!”

Perhaps those amazing dinosaur creatures from the trailer are from a high tier solar system, although unlikely. I’ve spent 40 hours in the game so far and only have enough resources to get to Yellow and Red Star systems, I’m excited to see what the higher tiers offer when I upgrade my warp drives again.

I also wish the game gave us more details on its mechanics.

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

It was found in the game files that there are a set of assets for the E3 2014 trailer, implying that the world, creatures, gameplay, everything was staged for E3. I'll go find the post and edit back later.

7. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Large Dinosaurs have been confirmed! :D

It's possible the E3 was simply from an extremely rare and exotic planet (although yeah it was probably staged for marketing reasons). I'm not disgreeing that many things have been cut, but there is still loads that players simply have not got the chance to experience first hand. E3 accurately showed what the game is capable of, it's just rare to find all those things in one spot, although not impossible.

Also here is a 32 ship space battle!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    SuperDyl likes this.
  8. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

@Deljikho How far have you gone now after the last post here?

My Experience:
    Played at a friend's house and almost took the game out of his PS4 and throw it against the wall. I can't believe he paid $60 for this game, he even was disappointed with all the crashes and the lack of things to do. I played for a solid 3 hours before giving up on how tedious this game was. The hype, and Sean Murray promising a lot of things that are not even in the game, really killed the game. And about that No Mans Sky ending? I heard about it and watched the ending and only could laugh.

I would be ok with this game if it was $10 - $20 range, and I know many would as well.

Also, I'm a little late to this thread, sorry. Just my 2 cents on the (late) matter.

BlackJack likes this.
  9. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

I heard from many sources that the hype for this game and the actual gameplay were worlds apart. (no pun intended)

BlackJack likes this.
  10. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

@SX1 Not very far, it had gotten too bland and repetitive. Every planet seemed too similar, the AI of intelligent life is non existent and the unintelligent life AI is hardly even there. The only threat of death comes from space pirates, and only because using the menu interface is so wonky its hard to quickly reload shield boosters.

I've defended NMS because some of the stuff they did preview is in the game, although it's too rare for an average person to ever stumble upon I suppose. Yet overall I feel very lied to by the game creators, gameplay mechanics and other features were blatantly lied about over and over and over again. It's ridiculous to present a gaming masterpiece to end with this as a final result.

It was fun to begin with, a great journey especially for anyone with an imagination (although a game shouldn't require the player to create a plot and story point smh). I'm still hopeful about higher tiered stars but I haven't gotten lucky enough to find a Tier 2/3 upgrade war booster, and grinding for credits is so boring to purchase one of the 7Mil+ space ships with upgrades included.

$20 seems fair to me.

SX1 likes this.
  11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

i hadnt heard of this game until it was released, but it was entertaining to watch it go from everyone saying "omg have to get right now!!!" to "no one should ever buy this trash."

SX1, BlackJack and Dockson like this.
  12. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, I believe it went through development hell. It was first teased in 2013, but I am looking forward to the last guardian which went through worse. (Also because they made Shadow of the Colossus)

13. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

You wouldn't believe the anxiety I got as I clicked the link. I was just waiting for a jump scare.

BlackJack and SuperDyl like this.