1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Fang's Mod App :)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Fangdragon1998, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

In Game Name: Fangdragon1998
    Teamspeak Username: Fangdragon1998
    Mic Use: I have one, but prefer not to use it often (due to parents)
    Timezone: Central (Daylight savings area)
    Hours online per weekday: 1-2 during school year, 5-6 during summer
    Hours online per weekend: 5-6 each day
    Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction:
    Hello all! As most of you know, I’m fang. I have been on this server for almost a year and a half (August 14th), and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Along the way, I have made fantastic friends that show me how to improve, mentors that guide me not just through the game but through life, and amazing people that I still have yet to get to know. Outside of Meepcraft, I play soccer and am (now) the captain of my ultimate Frisbee team. In school, I’m going into my sophomore year and taking all advanced courses, including Academic Decathlon. I enjoy playing Frisbee, eating food (yum!), and of course, playing Meepcraft.

The WHY:
    Experience: My time as a helper has given me the experience and the knowledge of commands I was lacking when I first applied. I remember the first few days I had helper, I barely understood how to claim a modreq. I can now effectively use hawkeye searches and logs to help with all sorts of problems, from scams to griefings. My experience has also taught me more on how to interact with even more different kinds of people, and in all different moods – upset, satisfied, angry, happy... I’ve learned so much, from how the basic system works to how to do the more complex modreqs. now I feel I’m ready to move on to the next level of staffing.
    Dedication: Meepcraft is the first server I ever joined. It’s also the only one I play on continuously. Being here for almost a year and a half has only made me love it more. This drives me to continue to do my best to help the players and better the server.
    Community involvement: I strive to be a part of the community, talking often in shout or messaging other players while I’m not doing modreqs. I try to continue to talk with and play with my old friends, and be involved with the community in any way I can. Remembering that I am not only staff but a player lets other players feel more comfortable talking to me and telling me if I’m doing something wrong, which I can then improve on.
    Work Ethic: I try my hardest to do my best, all the time. There have been times when I’ve faltered in this, and I have learned and moved on from those experiences. Though quantity is good, I try more for quality. My work ethic, along with my dedication, pushes me to do my best, whether in school or in game.
    Leadership: As a captain, I gained the experience of working with more experienced players as well as having to teach players utterly new to the sport how to throw a Frisbee. Similarly, as a moderator, I will be expected to assist the helpers in their new positions and teach them what being a staff member means. With that experience already under my wing, I know that I have what’s required for leading the new helpers in the right direction.
    I believe I am ready to take the next step in my Meepcraft journey, and then to guide others on their way. Being a moderator would allow me to be even more invested in and in love with the server and the community than I am now.

Weaknesses:
    Age: Like I said on my helper application, most people don’t consider age a weakness. But as I’m going into sophomore year and viewing my commitments already made, I see that my schedule is going to be tight like last year. However, I have set aside time for Meepcraft, so this should not be too big of an issue. Age (due to my parents) also limits my mic use, though they have been less strict about it lately.
    Teamspeak Activity/multitasking: I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t go on Teamspeak a lot, for two reasons. One is how much my parents limit my microphone usage, and the other is the problem of multitasking. I am good with the ability to multitask in the sense I can do multiple things at once; however, talking to more than one person at once (for example, both in game and on Teamspeak at the same time) confuses and distracts me from doing the most I can do for either person. To work on this, I will try to either be on Teamspeak only when I am not working in game, or when I am not in game at all.

Conclusion:
    Thank you so much for reading it all (if you have ;)), and thanks for your time. Please, please, please leave any constructive criticism below. See you soon!

2. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Yes, positive, of course, for sure, indeed, without a doubt, indubitably, yes, always, no chance for no, 100%

+1

Great staff member
    Great friend
    Been helper for forever
    Helpful to all the players
    meepharmony wife

You deserve a nice large[​IMG]

Lady_Hestia, smk, Klitch and 3 others like this.
  3. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Cause I'm bias and I can be!!!

Seriously though, you're nice, been helpful even before you were helper, mature, respectful, the list goes on and on.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  4. _Chef_Carrott_

_Chef_Carrott_ Popular Meeper

+1
    your a greater helper, why not be a mod

5. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

Wait, this isn't in interview yet?
    +bias

6. Pyro707

Pyro707 Popular Meeper

+1
    Great helper
    Great player
    Nice and encouraging
    I'm bias

7. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

I don't see a downfall other than the multitasking. I don't expect someone to be perfect, +1

8. hippapajo

hippapajo Popular Meeper

+1 bias all teh way!
    woo! Plus-One-V2.png

9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Fang, you're probably my favorite helper. You can always lighten the mood and make good choices.
    just get super already.
    +Dragons and FINDing hufflepuffs

10. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Fang -

I just had a mini heart attack. I am so glad you applied for Mod! I knew it was coming soon, but I didn't know when.

Once upon a time, you were very uncertain about whether you wanted to become a staff member or not. I suggested that you apply and figure out what it was like before you made any further decisions. It looks to me like you really enjoy this position so far and you want to take a whack at Mod. You've known for awhile now that I'm right behind you in this decision.

I enjoy staying up at the late hours of the night, talking for almost 5 hours and not even realizing it. You’re like a sister to me. We could practically talk to each other about anything. We’re also quote enthusiast buddies. Woo! I wonder what it is that makes us so similar. It’s pretty crazy. We are practically the same person sometimes, and that is a little freaky. You are a great friend to me and the community. The community seems to really click with you since there have been little to no problems over the past few weeks.

As a Moderator, you are expected to know the basics of what a Helper would ask you about. You know all the different types of cases pretty well from talking with you about them. I have no doubt that you won't be someone the Helpers look up to for help and guidance on issues with cases. You're curiosity as a Helper taught you to ask a whole bunch of questions, and I have loved answering each and every one of them. It's great seeing people on the team who aren't afraid to go to someone for help when they need it.

As for staff work, you do a really good job. You have a steady increase in your modreq count, and it's not all about quantity with you. It is more about the quality and effort you put into them. Although you went to camp, you made sure to make up for what you would miss before you left and once you came back.

^ I couldn't have said it better!

I could go on and on and on, but that would probably take "10 years," so I am going to stop it here and give you a HUGE +1 from me. Good luck Fang!

11. Candy_Master

Candy_Master The Canadian Candy

Why is this not in the interview section yet?

Before you became staff I was uncertain that you would be able to handle the job, but you proved me wrong. The moment you got your rank, you went stRaight into it. You have not stopped since.

I can go on and on but I'm just going to +1 this.
    Ily and I hope you get mod! :p

12. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

I like you and you finally applied.

+1 for being overqualified.

13. Tobster911

Tobster911 Popular Meeper

+1 U IS A TANK M8

14. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

#Fang4Mod2k14
    +1
    All Reason Above

15. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

-1 for nub

+1 for being the best helper ever

16. SillySilver

SillySilver Celebrity Meeper

+9001. Really, you need that Mod. <3

17. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

+1 don't bother with the interview just promote already

18. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

Well, I guess ima be the only -1. :/

jkjk, Look @ pg 3 for my real response.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    Fangdragon1998 and n00bslayer_99 like this.
  19. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Fang, where do I start. I meet you right before you applied for helper, and every experience I've had with you has been great. You do a mass amount of work here, and you do more than is expected. I've been waiting for this app forever, and it finally came. You are super nice, super mature, an amazing friend, and highly over-qualified for mod.
    +1

20. Klitch

Klitch

+bias because you know I love you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.