1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Fang's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Fangdragon1998, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

In Game Name: Fangdragon1998
    Skype Username: Fangdragon1998
    Teamspeak Username: Fangdragon1998
    Mic use: Have one, though prefer not to speak often
    Timezone: CDT (Central Daylight Time, GMT -5)
    Hours online per weekday: Depends on homework, usually 1-2
    Hours online per weekend: 4-5 per day
    Position Changes: (ex. Citizen to Helper, Helper to Mod): Citizen (elite) to Helper

Introduction:
    Hello all! As most of you know, I’m Fang. I joined Meepcraft on February 14, 2013. I enjoy puzzles, talking to people, and reading. I am a freshman in high school (going into sophomore year soon), and was recently elected to the Honor Council. Out of school, I enjoy playing Minecraft, ultimate Frisbee, and soccer, which I have been playing since I was 4. I have a love of learning and experiencing new things (and meeting new people), which is one of the main reasons why I stayed here when I first joined. I am excited to say that I now feel I am ready to apply to become a helper on this wonderful server.

Why you should be Helper/Mod?: There are a few things that would make me a good helper, such as

-Dedication: Being active continuously on the server for over a year has shown my dedication. I started in Old Meep, and stayed through Meep Networks. I care about this server a lot, and want to be a part of one of the many groups that makes it a better place to be.

-Friendliness: I try to be as friendly as I can, to everyone, at all times. I try avoiding offending people and if I do, I apologize. I am welcoming to newer members and often give new players I come across money or items to help them reach their goals and stay on the server. It is important to be friendly so that people know they can come to me for support, and I don’t seem high-and-mighty or unapproachable.

-Work Ethic: I am a great worker. I have a drive to please, and so every time I do the job to the best of my capabilities and try to go above and beyond if possible. This is necessary for any job, to power through even the times when we don’t want to do what we have to, but do it anyway. But it’s much easier to have when you’re doing something you feel is contributing to something bigger and better than paperwork.

-Flexibility/being able to work with others: I put these together, because to work with others, you must be willing to be flexible, both in what you are doing (such as being able to drop what you are doing to help), and being able to change your point of view (like to see a problem from all sides of the situation). I am usually able to work well with others and be flexible to their needs.

- Community Involvement: I can usually be found in shout, chatting with people, answering questions, and interacting with other members of the community. It’s very important to be involved in the community so that a basic trust is already founded, and so you are able to easily put yourself in the other person’s shoes because you have the experience of being like them.

Weaknesses:

-Pride: When I am constantly complimented by different people, over and over, I become prideful about it. Though I try not to let myself get big-headed, I may get sensitive about the topic and overreact to someone telling me the contrary. To fix this, I try to be modest at all times, and take insults as jokes instead of malicious intent.

-Argumentative or Stubborn: Most people don’t like being wrong, and I’m no exception. If I have an opinion about something, it will rarely change (except if new evidence is brought to the table), such as in moral debates. This can be detrimental if I unwisely choose to ignore an opinion if I disagree with it. Lately, I have been working on this by acknowledging and considering other ideas more deeply rather than ignoring them.

-Lack of familiarity with helper commands: Because I have never been staff on other servers (or Meepcraft), I have not yet learned the commands that I will need to know to perform well. But I know that with some teaching, I will be able to learn them quickly.

-Age: Though most people wouldn’t count age as a weakness (as it is maturity that matters more), as a freshman going into sophomore year, I will need more time to get adjusted to the homework load. Also, as a safety concern, I rarely use my microphone, as my parents don’t like me talking much.

Conclusion:
    Thank you for reading this and congrats if you made it through that wall of text! I would love to hear any and all constructive criticism below, along with your vote. Thank you so much, everyone, for making my Meep experience wonderful. I hope that by applying and possibly getting accepted (and even if I don’t), help make yours as wonderful as mine has been.

2. qawsedrf1835

qawsedrf1835 Guest

+1 because I see no reason to -1.

bias sis
    THIS IS WHY QAWS IS NUMBA 1

SirCallow, Fizzy and Fangdragon1998 like this.
  3. Fizzy

Fizzy Popular Meeper

QAWS NO, I STAYED UP TO 1 FOR THIS

+1
    +Active
    +Kind
    +Helpful
    +Intelligent
    -Uhm, I honestly have no idea.

Good luck, you certainly deserve this position :)

Fangdragon1998 and qawsedrf1835 like this.
  4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

Bad kid -1

JK ILUVU, active, good at helping, cool, swagdaddy

+1

Fizzy, Fangdragon1998 and SirCallow like this.
  5. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

OMG OMG OMG THIS IS SO BIASED BUT YOU ARE SO NICE TO ME SO +1 +1 +1

Your pal,

Fizzy and Fangdragon1998 like this.
  6. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
    +10000

Fangdragon1998 and SirCallow like this.
  7. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

+Cool
    +active
    +helpful
    +mature
    +intelligent
    -Still not helper

+1

Fangdragon1998 and SirCallow like this.
  8. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

ew a woo-man

Jaykay we <3 you. +1

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  9. j32400

j32400 Popular Meeper

+1 You are one of the few people I have seen apply lately (TimTheFireLord being the other) who actually seems QUALLIFIED to be a helper.

Fangdragon1998 and n00bslayer_99 like this.
  10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

You seem great for the position, even if you should have a bit more activity on the weekdays. +1 from me.

11. 00000

00000 Guest

Yes please +1

12. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

+1 all the way.
    You are nice, like most staff right now.
    You are helpful, again like staff.
    You are active, kind, generous, I think you fit with staff all the way.
    Your app was great.
    You are mature.

Good luck.

13. Klitch

Klitch

Oh my god. Is this even a question? Definitely +1. You are one of the nicest people I know. I CONSTANTLY enjoy debating with you and talking with you. You are one of the best people on meepcraft and one of the reasons I haven't quit yet.

14. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

Everyone has some of this :p +1

15. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

Plus 1,000,000

Fang is one of Meep's best players. There is nothing to dislike. Fang is cool and helpful.

16. DiamondBoy

DiamondBoy Celebrity Meeper

+1 Nuff said.
    (App could be a bit longer, but it's fine as is)

17. 00000

00000 Guest

You have been one of my best friends. It's a shame I spent all my early days without you, but when I met you, I knew you were that one person who I could really bond with, and that happened, I guess. Now you're applying for Helper, and while that could disparage our relationship a little bit (it's pretty obvious I make some inappropriate jokes then and now), but you've really stood out to me.

I think your humor and ability to take a joke is useful when being a Helper, plus your deep trust in me which you can be assured I also share makes me want to upvote this even more. We've had some awesome days together, from the day I first saw you during my rise to popularity as a meek citizen on Old MeepCraft, then the full extent of it on MeepNetworks, where we became good friends, and finally, we are here now.

It is no lie that you have matured, gotten nicer, grown in personality, and nearly everything positive, but I worry that...well, what is there to worry about?

18. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

+1 because you're an awesome person who will really help this server. (and catch those pesky PvP hackers)

Grandblue and Fangdragon1998 like this.
  19. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Accepted for interview!

Flamedemond, Draqq, chaos546 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.