1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Extend Console Access to Tech Team

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Daniel Thompson, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Should Tech Team, be able to have this to fix the problem of server bugs?

1. Yes please. This would help the server with outages.

14.3%
  2. This sounds great, but must be stricted about it.

14.3%
  3. No, this could be a catastrophic problem to the server.

71.4%
  4. I'm not sure about this idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daniel Thompson

Daniel Thompson Popular Meeper

For those who don't know, within the last 24-48 hours there has been problems with two different parts of the server to MeepCraft (Originally Wild, then became Towns), which has caused outage to those who require on these two types of servers to play. There is multiple times staff would have helped and fixed the server, however, it only allows Admin and Owner to fix the problem, which can't be on all the time. So how about this type of access to be allowed for Tech staff as well, to be added to the fix this problem. If you think the staff are worth having such access, should promise to never break the server, or else be punished to extreme. If they don't feel confident to have that type of power should not be forced to have it (this should be a voluntary access, and extreme training of controlling it to avoid any issues). I understand this is an extreme change, but I think just a few more staff should have access to fix the issue, and able to resolve this in a more 24/7 way. What do you think of extending such a powerful command to Tech staff? Too much? Too risky? Discuss what you think about it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

If I recall, MeepCraft just had an incident with a tech that caused them to have to start completely over. Why would it be wise to allow the server to be put into that position again?

It's not about who does a good job, or you can trust, it's a question of putting the server in the position to be deleted and if you don't put the server in this position; then it won't happen.

MoonlitMadness, qazini, Zoe89 and 4 others like this.
  3. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Unfortunately the two admins who do have access to console are currently unable to log onto the server and I don't have those perms yet. Fortunately we've developed a way for people to have access to console without putting the server at risk. I appreciate your concern and your suggestion and not to be blunt but please let us do our job and let us handle things. I'm sorry that we're a towns server without towns but I can only yell so much.

4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

It takes loads of trust and years of helping to become admin. It takes one application and a tech trial to be tech. (No offense)

Oh why not let's delete the server again

Please just trust the administration

5. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

I'm so offended

Also this: No Words.

MoonlitMadness, KaiUsesThis and Natsu like this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I don't like the whole leave us alone and let us do our job mindset.

This is what the suggestions are for, it's so you can see all the junk that needs improving
    I feel like this is way too important of an issue to just kind of brush off like this, honestly, just because this server without wild and towny is essentially nothing to do for the majority of people, except for what, running round spawn? lol

Maybe they dont need access to console but someone needs a reset button and its obviously a problem that we need to find a solution for, not just brushed away, you lose the biggest part of the server for too long you lose what players you still have

I get that it is difficult and high trusting and all but there's always a better answer for the question and there can sometimes be a solution if you try hard enough.

7. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

When it comes to console it's absolutely nobody's business nor concern who has it or who needs it. We are obviously aware of the situation and we know why it's going down we will work on it. The suggestion was to give someone console that's not anybody's choice other than Fuzzlr!

Also Since I dont feel like unlocking then typing then re-locking im editing Courts post.
    Bringing servers back up isnt even a console thing, its a machine thing which ONLY Fuzzlr has access too, and only Fuzzlr will EVER have access to. - Klutch

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017