1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Economy

1. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

I'm using @kcschmidt format because it seems to work usually.

Background
    The economy in alpha, beta, and now Gamma are officially dead. With complete removal of the "Sell" option in shop, there are no decent ways to make money as a new player. (The rich will get richer)

Issue
    With the remodeling done to /warp shop today, there are currently no ways for a new player to have fun and make money. I was talking about this in shout and a player suggested that there are still these ways to make money: Minigames, voting, and jobs. These money making oppurtunities do not help "player to player transactions" or "fix the economy" as so many people have been crying about lately.
    Minigames: No one plays minigames. Simply put, skywars and halo are only used for boosting. SkyWars kits are extremely unbalances and so are chests. With 1k prize, and games lasting up to 5 mins, no one uses SkyWars to legit make money. SkyWars was never intended to make players money.

Voting: Voting helps the server and you get a little money for helping out. Voting every single day, on the exact minute will make you 40k a week. This is barely enough money to pay for pwarp upkeep and towns. Voting isn't a subsantial way to obtain money.

On top of that, a new player playing on MeepCraft for the first time will most likely not vote. If a player has to grind for 6 hours just to make 10k+ they won't have enough fun to stay and vote in the future.

Jobs: Once people become intelligent again and start using jobs for money, the economy will be ruined. Jobs are also unbalanced, as new players (citizens) only start with ONE job. No player wants to grind at a farm all day, or go mining, or cut wood, or the other jobs.

- Jobs will be nerfed once admins realize they're abuseable, so start making money before they do.

Ranked shops
    Another perk is gone. A reason to donate in Gamma was for use of the shop. The shop gave items a base price. I'm not saying these prices were good whatsoever, but it stimulated the economy in one way or another. The problem was not only for sell, but also for buy. Buy gave prices a ceiling ( @PseudoPlatonic ). Buy should have been removed, and sell should have been reduced. Also, buying polar bear eggs and mushroom cow eggs removes the rarity of these animals. It is the same as using a spawner, once you get 2 mushroom cow eggs/other animal, it allows you to infinitely have food.

Buy prices currently/ Donor shop
    The "Donor shop" carries a ton - and I mean a ton - of useless items. On top of that, all the shop prices are trash. No one will spend 75k for a villager egg. No one will spend 250k for bedrock, no one will spend 350k for ONE end portal. Adding dragons breathe and wither skulls only lowers the prices of these two items, and also the rarity.

Modification
    To start off, I never LEGIT wanted the shop to be removed. I wanted the sell price on items to be reduced, not removed.

Add sell back to items. Except this time, reduce the prices of all items. Emerald and diamond ore should sell for no more than 250 per, all other ores should have their price cut by 3/4ths. Farmable items should be removed completely. Add items that need to be crafted manually or need work to be obtained. (chiseled stone brick, coarse dirt, podzol, mossystonebrick, crackedstonebrick, etc). Items found normally, stone, dirt, grass... should not be on shop at all. Wood has its' own market, so it should be removed. Add back ranked shops, it was the only useful perk the donors had. Cut down the prices of gadgets, bedrock, end portal.

Staff encourage Player to player transactions, but with the buy option, you are better off spending a few more meebles on a beacon than advertise and buy one from a player. Completely remove the buy option, it's the main problem. Not sell.

I've explained the benefits thoroughly, IMO.

2. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

The solution imo:

Add back different shops for each rank, like you said good donation incentive. Thereafter keep the citizen and lower ranks shops sell only, and for the higher rank shops (supreme ultimate) add buy options for 'rare' things, but at fairly high prices. The sell prices in the lower ranks and citizen shops needs to be lowered a ton, and like you said no farmable items. This provides a way for new players to make money, adds back the donation incentive, and for the higher ranks, removes money from the economy. It also doesn't add too much in, because of how low the sell prices will be. Obviously not so low they're worthless, but low enough that no one will bother abusing anything while new players can still make money. As an example, giving 250 meebles per diamond sounds like a good idea.

//edit
    However, Next time for the love of god don't rush in and change everything. I'd rather wait a little longer and have the shop be done thoroughly to ensure balanced prices. The "new" shops prices are just all over the place. It's a joke.