1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

economic policy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by MeepLord27, Nov 30, 2018.

1. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Care to identify "what communism set out to achieve" and show how communism failed to accomplish it? Literally every country that's tried so called "communism" has typically improved the quality of life or had it's government/economy destabilized by the United States.

2. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Hahahaha, you don’t care to have a real conversation, or actually really want to be proven wrong. You’re an internet troll, who knows what he says is complete bullshit but you’re just seeking a response. Now I understand!!!

3. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Communism set out to achieve perfect equality for everyone.
    This can never happen.
    It has failed what it set out to achieve.

4. MeepLord27

I thought leftists were the ones who didn't have discussions. You seem a little upset. Maybe when you calm down you can try to warrant the claims you make.

This isn't true. No prominent communist ever has advocated for "perfect equality" or even "equality" in a broad sense as a political goal. Income inequality is criticized because of the material effect it has on people (if people don't have money, they starve to death) not because "inequality bad".

As far as laying out a more coherent counter argument to the idea that historical failures of communism are predictive there are two things that need to be cleared up:

First, the quality of life in communist countries needs to be compared to the quality of life in those countries before communism. While each of these countries is unique you will typically find communist movements developed either against colonial occupation or against already authoritarian governments.

Second, the role of foreign countries needs to be recognized in the welfare and trajectory of historical leftist states. Cuba can hardly be blamed for economic hardship in the past 50 years because they have been under embargo by America (despite this they have the lower infant mortality rates than the U.S. and higher literacy), similarly Vietnam can't be at fault for it's post-unification hardship considering it had no recovery aid and U.S. led economic see. Many communist countries have had foreign (U.S.) backed coups against them which obviously leads to a decrease in quality of life. It isn't communisms fault that the U.S. likes killing democratically elected leaders and replacing them with fascists.

Here are some receipts:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ist-victory-gave-way-to-capitalist-corruption

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/846313/fidel-castro-cuba-under-castro-by-the-numbers/amp/

1954 Guatemalan coup d'état - Wikipedia 1954 guatamalan coup (this is a really good one to read about)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état?wprov=sfla1 Iran 1953

1964 Brazilian coup d'état - Wikipedia Brazil 1964

1973 Chilean coup d'état - Wikipedia Chile 1974

1976 Argentine coup d'état - Wikipedia 1976 Argentina

I'm also not mentioning the history of the US supporting fascist states against left wing opposition movements, but it's important to keep these in mind when people talk about the authoritarian tendencies of left wing revolutionary movements.

5. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Can you please point me to the link that says communism better than capitalism.

6. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Let's just use the communist system, everyone one is equal because NOBODY has food haha ! !
    upload_2019-4-10_10-12-28.png

cooey and Summers like this.
  7. MeepLord27

Can you please read my post and respond to an argument I've made. Culturally the online right wing seems to fetishize debate and argument except when they actually have to participate in it themselves.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2019, Original Post Date: Apr 10, 2019 ---
    I suppose you will be consistent by viewing famines in capitalist countries throughout history as failures of capitalism as well?

The funny thing is that the thing you quoted doesn't actually attribute the famine to communism. It says rapid industrialization among other specific policies lead to the economic part of the famine, along with a deliberate genocide. Their is nothing about "communism" that says the specific policies of the USSR are desirable or that genocide is good.

8. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Well I'd be curious to hear those cases as well. Though the communist ideology does not have any room to elicit starvation, it still is quite clear it is a result of it. Capitalism is a flawed system, there is no real way to disguise that, but to say communism is a better system is just ignoring the past 100 years of history.

9. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

It is actually the opposite. You are wrong about everything you have posted and i have proved you wrong on multiple threads. Now please, provide evidence that communism is a good forum of government. United States of America is a great example of a great capitalistic county, do you not agree?

Inkfy likes this.