1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Dungeon Rule

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Videogames321, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Make it more specific. Most players don't know /spawn is illegal after either YOU hit or THEY hit. I asked for clarification from a Helper and they said that you can tp away as long as you aren't being attacked, or attacking, so I'm assuming that you can /spawn in the first 10 seconds when you are invincible. Pretty much just clarify it up instead of just saying that the rules apply to dungeon as well. Add more info to it.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

buildmaster1000x likes this.
  3. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

Or, just implement a combat tag status, and you can only warp out when you are not tagged.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/combat-tag/
    Also, make it so to warp out, one needs to not move for [x] seconds. This way, if a player sees another player approaching them, they cannot immediately warp out.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Toostenheimer likes this.
  4. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I've been begging for this for so long. Players can simply warp away, and it's annoying.
    I suggested something like this for KitPVP, and it was put in the "may not be implemented" folder.
    Most faction servers that I visit have this, so players that play won't complain about people logging and unable to kill them.

Acceleradiance likes this.
  5. Acceleradiance

6. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

I like this. It would solve a lot of problems.
    I don't like this. If the wait time is even as low as 5 seconds, you could easily get attacked by plenty of mobs during that time. You're also just standing still, and arbitrary wait times are boring.

7. Acceleradiance

Oh yeah, didn't think about the mobs... is there anyway for /warp or whatever to track other players within the radius of the player that is attempting to warp out?

Paaaauuuullll likes this.
  8. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

"The dungeon is included in this rule."
    That's the only part that I see that's new.

What if a player is chasing after hitting another person once, but is too slow, and an x amount of time passes. When will you be able to /spawn again?

Or if a player is being attacked, such as a player shooting another person with an arrow, but misses, will that count as being in combat?

What I'm suggesting is to expand on what "being in combat" is because not everyone knows exactly what it is. Players should be able to look at the rules and instantly know what is what, but there isn't really much explanation on the first section.
    The second section is very specific, telling people you can't use any commands in the terrarium asides from /hat.
    The third section is also very specific, stating specifically that poison, strength, and invis potions are illegal.
    The fourth section is just as specific as the second and third, saying that you cannot stand around ladders to kill people, or camp there. Most players know what camping is.

However, if you take a look at the first section,
    1. PVP Logging

Disconnecting from Meepcraft in the middle of combat by closing the window, or any other means of purposeful disconnection is not allowed in PVP combat except in the wild worlds (wild, nethers, end). Any act of instant teleportation, while in combat, may also be considered logging. The dungeon is included in this rule.
    it doesn't really explain that much.
    "Any act of instant teleportation, while in combat, may be considered logging."
    "Is someone chasing you? This is also combat, if you did this in terrarium you'd be reported."
    Usually when people say they are in combat, they mean it as in engaging in each other, like hitting each other. When you say "Is someone chasing you" players might not be sure whether or not it's after you've been hit or if you haven't been hit at all.

"You cannot log in the dungeon. This means disconnecting, purposely or accidently, you cannot teleport away, this has been considered logging for over two years now."
    You didn't say "in combat" anywhere in this, or even in the Dicussion thread.
    Because you didn't say that, people might think that you can't /spawn in the dungeon, as I asked on your profile.
    I suppose it's just me nitpicking, but players might actually not realize the specifics of the rule. Most of the scenarios I listed are fairly common, and it could actually cause problems.
    Even if me or you and some others know exactly how the rules work, some people who are newer might not.

9. Acceleradiance

Recently, I found a room in dungeon with a lot of chests. After gathering it all, I warped out. Few moments, later, someone accused me of combat logging, even though I did not notice the other person and did not engage in combat. Does this count as logging? More clarification is needed.

10. buildmaster1000x

buildmaster1000x Popular Meeper

Them seeing you is not logging.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2015 ---
    That plugin is disgusting.