1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

DON'T 1.9 meep

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by fasehed, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

It's an important issue. Maybe give players the option by making 2 pvp arenas? One for 1.8 and one for 1.9

2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

1.9 reduces PvP so drastically by making all combat weapons besides bows pretty worthless. 1.8 PvP at least allows you to use a sword to fight properly. 1v1 me tomorrow, and I will demonstrate the difference.

3. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

This is a stupid thread. Meep is not a pvp server, whether you want it to be or not. I think some people are missing the point. A shield is great, used correctly. Fighting DOES take longer, and so strategy becomes key. Try placing a poison arrow first, then a couple harming. Hold a Diamond axe with sharp V (12 attacks dmg) and just hold your shield when you aren't hitting. Sheilds are what balances this. You only have to take damage when you;re hitting: a good player should take literally no damage in a 1v1. Bows are pretty OP, but you neglected to think about the fact that a shield and bow have almost the same durability. In the event of a clean iron 1v1 with sheilds and limited arrows, the guy with better timings used a shield. Yes, it takes away the element of spam/jitter/hyper/bawl clicking, but adds skill. I DO think microsoft is ruining minecraft making it easy for 7 year olds, but I think parrots is a better example of that than pvp.

My key point is that 1.9 is different. Maybe not better, just different. If you spend all your time making butthurt forum posts, you can't become a god of new pvp. I've been using the new pvp for a long time. If the attack timings were 150% the current speed, maybe 200% even, the pvp could become faster. (fun fact: haste works on attack timings. Maybe vote potions...? Potion of haste would be dope.) As far as the rod situation, rods pulling is exactly as useful as rods pushing; it doesn't matter. If I want to push someone, I'll use a bow. If I missed any points, notify me, and explain why I'm wrong.

(Clue, you should 1v1 me sometime)

4. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

This thread is over a year old, check the little date thingies next to the Report button.

cooey, iKitten, Qaztar and 2 others like this.
  5. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

This thread is over a year old, check the little date thingies next to the Report button

6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This is a stupid necro

iKitten, Qaztar and onceuponajano like this.
  7. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

bruh
    i hope you realize that posting on this thread sent an email to me. I haven't played here since over 2 years ago. smh

cooey, Muunkee and TheTastyNacho like this.
  8. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Everyone comment so qaz's inbox gets spammed with 500 emails saying "Hi!"

SuperDyl likes this.
  9. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Hi

10. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Hi

11. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

I find it good that they nerfed the spam clicking... It will draw out battles more and make them more fun than just 10seconds of pvp then
    you die, also I find that it this feels more self-centered toward you since most people like these ideas also 7-year-olds can really just go to a local seven-eleven and get a cheap mouse for like One dollar also The downside of having more damage on a stone axe is that it will break faster than a diamond sword, You need to think of other things than just the downsides like for instance, YAY I CAN PULL ADRIAN INTO MORE HOLES WITH A FISHING ROD,! also an event where you try to pull people off a snowflake would be really fun!

FamousZAmos likes this.
  12. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Hi

13. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

you are all the worst

EllieEllie and TheTastyNacho like this.
  14. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Hi

15. MeepLord27