1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

DON'T 1.9 meep

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by fasehed, Mar 26, 2016.

1. kirby99

kirby99 Celebrity Meeper

Yes i agree, 1.9 adds a very odd way to Pvp and i am fairly confident that many players dislike the new way although many servers updated to 1.9-1.10 to probably keep up to date on this new way to play minecraft

2. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

the fishing rod will pull players in 1.9(though i'm sure that can be changed, but i think pulling players with fishing rods would make it more interesting)

3. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

If we ever get 1.9 we shouldnt we should go straight to 1.10

Qaztar and CluelessKlutz like this.
  4. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

At the end of the day, the decision of whether or not to upgrade the server fully to 1.9 or 1.10 will depend on two factors.
    1. Are the benefits of not updating for the sake of the pvp aspect of meepcraft worth the effects that it will have on towny. For example, more players turned away from the server because of the missing items and effects, along with the incomplete 1.10 experience. Also, what is towns missing out on as a result of not upgrading? On the flip side, what will be lost in pvp as a result of upgrading, and is the part of the community that we will likely lose due to updating worth enough to prevent meepcraft from updating.
    And 2. Can techs effectively pick and choose which 1.9+10 features to include in meepcraft after updating, such as removing instant damage arrows, attack cooldowns, ect. In a manner which will benefit both towny and pvp aspects, therefore eliminating factor one. Or, will the removal of specific features hinder the other aspects of meepcraft to the point in which decisions must be made upon factor one.

In short, I believe that meepcraft will eventually update to 1.10 for the sake of towny, while trying it's best to maintain a balanced experience for both towns and pvp. As someone stated in earlier threads, attack timers can be disabled with a single command block, as well as certain arrows being rendered useless in the same way that splash damage potions are currently disabled.
    However, there should be no reason for meepcraft to continue to avoid updating to 1.9. Already, our player base is declining, and to not update and include new features as well as full update support simply turns away new players who represent possible donations. The best solution is for those involved with server development to find a way to provide a stable transition into 1.9 with the goal of 1.10 as soon as they're able.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  5. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

There's a plugin called "OldPVP" that just reverts all combat to 1.8 lol

6. 3pointone45

3pointone45 Popular Meeper

UPDATE IT. DO IT NO BALLS.

7. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

With command blocks in the new update staff can make rideable helicopters without a plugin !

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Except that requires a Resource Pack too . . .

10. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

That's what I was looking for

11. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Why is this thread still a thing.
    1) As many people have said, IF meep ever goes to 1.9 pvp can still be back in 1.8 if this is what "the pvpers" want.
    2) I believe 1.9 pvp is far superior to 1.8 or else why would they do a whole update on it, if it was not an issue. At the end of the day, all you really have to do atm on pvp, whichever way you dress it up, is hit the person as fast as you can, while "dodging" theirs. 1.9 adds tons of diversity.
    3) no third point, but rule of 3 and such, so thanks for reading ;).

12. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

To be honest, I don't think anyone who likes 1.9 PvP does it very often. I literally don't play servers just because they have it. There is way more to it then strafing and spam clicking. Crits, durability, armor protection factors, knockback, height, etc. all affect it, too. 1.9 PvP is terrible to use because the way the timer works, you still have a cooldown, even if you miss. So it basically makes strafing OP because you can just dodge enough that their timer won't let them do full damage to you. The only good part about the whole thing is sweep attack.

13. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Imo, 1.9 is better than 1.8 pvp. It actually adds mistakes for spam clicking. All 1.8 is IS spam clicking. Height not a real factor, armor sure sort of, but still apllies to 1.9 and 1.9 even has shields... Knockback effects both. Which leaves timer "issue" which makes it a more "skilled" combat, rewarding accurate strategic players.

14. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Shields are trash, TBH. They have such little durability, you can break them with the durability of a stone sword.

Armor in 1.9 is so heavily nerfed, there's hardly a difference. Literally, they reduced all protection by 20% or more.

The timer is so terrible because it's natural to spam click. When you focus on the timer, you lose your focus on the battle itself. Therefore, the people that are pros at strafing will kill you anyways.

PvP has been broken since 1.8 when armor was buffed too much, but 1.9 over corrects and makes it worthless.

PvP me some time, and I'll show you why it's not spam clicking.

BlackJack likes this.
  15. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

This whole arguement just proves my point even more, all of it makes it reward accurate players and so called "strafing" rewardable. I think you're missing the point of the 1.9 update. But if you want to stay with 1.8 because that is all you want to know and stick with it is your choice and opinion.

16. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

cri

17. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

Why not just update the whole server to 1.9 and then remove/tweak the annoying pvp features

fasehed likes this.
  18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Try accurately hitting every time in a true PvP setting, you'll see why it doesn't work.

Believe me, I tried 1.9, I gave it a chance. When the update released, I spent 3 days in single-player to test the combat; it was terrible. The reason I say so is fighting just takes too long. The thrill of most PvP is it's fast an action-packed. 1.9 PvP feels like you're just praying the timer is somehow shorter for you than the other guy.

It may seem like 1.9 PvP is more complex, because you have to time it more, but it's basically just a dumbed down version, because it removes block-hitting, and nerfs all weapons and armor. Bows in general are just overpowered in 1.9 because 1. Swords and axes are nerfed. 2. Shields don't really help because you can bow spam them into breaking. 3. Potion tipped arrows are pretty powerful. If I ambush you with a bow, I can use a slowness arrow to stop you, then just bow spam since you can't get to me in time.

Photoave12 likes this.
  19. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Lol 1.11 is on the horizon and we have still got 1.8
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 16, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 16, 2016 ---
    All i see when i read this is better pvp, 1.8 is simple if you like that then fine. 1.9 IS more complex.

20. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

I honestly can't believe this thread is still going.

Mjs6000 likes this.