1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Does Meepcraft have a chat filter?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by bindigo, Oct 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bindigo

bindigo Meeper

I saw a couple of ban reports that included people swearing, I'm just curious if there is a filter or not.

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

There is a filter, yes. of course, filters don't catch everything, and filters are also disabled in /msg, and thats why reports exist.

3. bindigo

bindigo Meeper

Thank you for telling me about the /msg, I forgot about the private messages in a project I was working on.
    I made a chat filter for bukkit 1.10.2 called MinecraftChatFilter, and it filters through private messages, along with other stuff(books, anvil, signs, usernames, and the chat)
    You can find it here: MinecraftChatFilter - Bukkit
    if you ever want to use it. Obviously, this will never be able to replace a full staff team, but I hope it helps manage the chat.

4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I don't think there's a need to micromanage every single chat players send through, heh.... But thank you.