1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Do we have a plan to regain our lost players?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Adrian, Mar 21, 2019.

1. CwAwesome4

CwAwesome4 Celebrity Meeper

This server will never regain its former glory as the literal largest towny server in Minecraft existence. Was a truly sad thing to watch crumble.

2. Trexy

Trexy Celebrity Meeper

This whole thread just seems like ("hoes mad") to me. But also there's no plan to getting our players back :/.

3. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

I don't have time to read this entire thread so if most of this is just repetition, sorry

I feel like the server is too easy, and doesn't present very many risks or challenges, this is one of the reasons I left is because I kinda feel like i won (not to brag but I felt like I could buy/own/do basically anything and also there was no way to top the remaining people on baltop).

Also, I don't know to how many people this matters, but the way the Hornemans situation was handled was just gross, and felt like it was setting a precedent. I saw firsthand how it was handled by the staff team.
    Why should anyone feel it's fun or worthwhile to compete if there is someone always higher subverting the rules imposed upon everyone else?

A lot of people feel like bringing back players banned for """toxicity""" will cause some sort of revolution. Honestly some of these players being unbanned will help, but it won't turn meep around. New players seem to be super important to the server, having new ideas and goals from new individuals is key (plus more consumers ;) $$$).

I think the biggest factor is that the server just needs to get everything running properly and be a quality server. trying to jumpstart the server now would be like trying to run a marathon with a broken leg, so to speak.

[footnote: why does everyone act like "pg" or "family friendly" really matters to anyone? I'm positive the demographic of the server (for dedicated regulars anyways) is like 13 to 17. wouldn't say lifting chat restrictions is gonna "bring anyone in" but I doubt it's gonna scare anyone off either]

4. triscope

triscope Celebrity Meeper

I guess with the recent trend of Minecraft becoming popular again you could find a new player base in advertising but not just in the minecraft server list servers (no-one goes on those anymore) What I'm thinking is sponsoring not as popular Minecraft channels, like around 1-10k. Even if like 100 or 200 players join, at least 40 would probably play actively, and that means more rank purchases. Is this not allowed with the EULA or something? Idk

5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Sponsers have been tried before. They won't work until at least the server is in better shape. We had a guy with something like a mil subs play a few games, boomo and whatever else, and the server was at like 200 more players than normal for like two weeks and nobody stayed

6. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

It was ASFJerome

7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]
    In the last year, minecraft's popularity has overtaken fortnite. Those that have stayed with minecraft are receiving huge boosts to viewership and channel growth.

8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Definitely agree a paid sponsorship would be silly at this point.

reika likes this.