1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Do we have a plan to regain our lost players?

1. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

This is the issue. I have never come in all high and mighty. I log in, See people doing things that are CLEARLY against the rules, and just take less crap than other admins. The owner of the server put me in charge of administration. I am the management of public affairs. If you wanna be dumb, you gotta be tough type of situations. Calling me "out of touch" cant be further from the truth. I play games every day with people like you all. The issue is, (majority) of kids at this age level have an issue with authority. Its the rebellious years. I understand completely, I went through it. The difference is, I dont take crap after the 10th time of someone doing something. Every toxic person on meep thats ever been banned since ive started can tell you at one point or another, I had a discussion 1 on 1 with them, a friend of theirs, ect and unbanned. Ive stood up and given some chances at staff to see if that would spark interest in helping rather than trolling, ect. Its an issue with people like yourself, trying to make a statement acting like youre a professional physiologist trying to tell me how I am and what I do, while putting a statement like
    to try to get a rise at the end of your "kicker" statement. Some of the greatest admins and developers have left because they get EXHAUSTED of the player base beating them to death. Clueless spends HOURS for FREE working on fixes, implementing them to see "Thats stupid just let it go this is dumb and sucks" when logging in.

The only disillusion here is the toxic players thinking it was staff enforcing rules that killed Meep. If yall wanted more privileges, you should try not abusing the ones you have. I cant tell you how many rules had to be written thanks to people like marshallmaffers and okcs. They find loopholes in unwritten things, then complain when a new rules has to be made. Then staff is called nazis when we have to do something to keep a fair playing field. The core that dropped it was that players always took players sides. You as players should get just as mad as we do when someone dupes as it forces rules, eco nerfs, and tons of annoying things that we all hate to be put in. Also stopping development. Instead of getting mad at the supers, yall think its funny and want to partake and troll, spamming #freeMyBoy in chat. THen when the smoke clears, youre mad the eco is nerfed because theirs 100,000,000 meebles added.

Its time to take ownership and Ill start. I agree the way I myself have handled certain situations was tough for the crowd, some things i nerfed to much, some things i buffed too much. It was a great learning experience and on my end, I can adjust to bring things back into fair play for all. What hasnt changed, if people berating staff and being toxic. Logging in from 100 alts spamming slurs and disrespectful symbols. If you want change, BE the change. Stop asking others to fix it for you.

2. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

Here's a personal commentary!
    The server has always been about the community (anyone who has logged into the server), and people had different visions for how they wanted the community to look like (especially regarding staffing and policy).
    Efforts to become more PC arguably had stronger negative effects than positive (look @ player count..). Different people wanted different things to change. What happened, happened. In regards to the server's future, people change! It's been a long ass time, so I wouldn't hold out on the hope of a thriving 2-point-o.

It's stressful for Klutch, I'm sure, but it's also stressful to people who really enjoyed playing on the server and doing whatever shenanigans they wanted and then not being able to anymore for whatever reasons.

I guess the issue really comes down to the fact that some staff stopped viewing themselves as players who enjoyed Meep, but instead acted as staff members to monitor the players and make things safer for other players. Some people don't really get that or argue that in practice, making the server baby-friendly didn't help at all. I wont evaluate that claim: Once again, people view the same action differently.

I played the server mainly as a player with admin perms who fucked around and had fun doing whatever and punishing whatever I found annoying enough to type a command (at the time). I was very inconsiderate to the rules and I'm sure a lot of people didn't like that, but at least people knew what my views were and where my interests laid. I played to have fun... at the end of the day it was a Minecraft server for me to hop onto after stressful school days. We're all humans and we all have different motivations and life issues going on.
    I hope everyone who's played stays healthy and wish them to be a bit happier. This server, in the end, is a place of memories for me and a lot of people I considered friends for whatever duration our friendships lasted.

Bless IU,
    Spicy Jalapeno Pepper

3. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Don't invest anymore of your time on this game.

fasehed, Shellcode, Klitch and 4 others like this.
  4. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

fasehed, Toostenheimer, cooey and 4 others like this.
  5. KlutchDecals

Anyone that knows me even 10% knows I would. However the server is not mine and we have to respect Fuzzlrs decisions. If he says its alright. Absoutely.

Do i think it will help? Not at all. We added a way for you all to use foul language and not be punished for it, and so far party chat is one of the most abused things. People saying “oops wrong chat”, or people saying things in party chat, then others spilling what was said in PC, therefore bringing it OUT of party chat.

I could be wrong but, most of Meeps players have shown time and time again theyre not mature enough for any type of PG-13 freedom.

Dem0Gorgon, Erebus45, Pmx728 and 3 others like this.
  6. KlutchDecals

The main problem we had was, and is toxic players. Theirs no time I can even post on the forums without immediately being flamed. The player base took itself down while trashing every staff member that ever existed, but now asks us what the plan is. We (staff) are nothing without you (players). So its up to you all to stop the toxicity, get players to stick around, and us to finish the API and update to newer versions.

7. RaidByNightOnly

RaidByNightOnly Celebrity Meeper

As devastating as legend's final post is on this thread I'd like to bump it to propose a solution.

I've came back, I have the summer off of work and i'm going to have a light amount of school, so I decided to play again. I played Meepcraft off and on since 2014 and have been playing Minecraft in general every year since 2014. As it stands Minecraft is in a small renaissance of sorts. Where interest has came back. I've missed a lot of the server's cultural shifts between 2017 and 2018. The core mechanics of the server are as solid as ever. I love them a lot.

Things that are great:
    The quest plugin is really neat with a lot of potential.
    The jobs system feels fairly quality, I've always seen it as a passive income and not as a get rich quick tool.
    I made about 80k doing all the stuff that's available to new players and playing a lot in the wilds. I spent about 30k to get kitted out with gear since I'm lazy and on towny taxes.
    The arena is a lot of fun with other players, and provides a great challenge for just playing alone.
    Spawn is really nice looking and has a lot of things to do without like going to another world like spleef, and mob arena.

The things that I feel just aren't fun are due to a low player count which is something that's difficult to fix:
    KitPvP is refined and feels fairly balanced from the little I have played of it when people were online, again, no players and it's no fun.
    The /shop lacks decent competition due to low player count
    There isn't a lot of competition in the economy causing sell prices to plummet in physical shops, but skyrocket on /shop
    Lack of diversity in money making schemes due to low player counts again

Because I accidentally posted this i'm going to rush through my final remarks:
    In conclusion, the major problems I have observed from coming back with a fresh start would be remedied by a higher player count. The issue is keeping players around and threads like these with the heated toxicity really won't help. Most if not all people are very friendly in game and are quick to welcome a new player to the server and help them out. So it's a matter of spreading the word around, and making it as easy as possible for new players to acclimate when they do stumble upon the server.

Adrian, cooey, CreeperCristi and 2 others like this.
  8. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

"I recently went on the server and found it to be boring, admin fix it." Did you consider that perhaps it isn't Meepcraft that's changed, but you? Most of us have been here five or more years now. Most of us joined as annoying, obnoxious kids or teenagers.

The server doesn't cater to you, it caters to who you were five years ago. And that age group, those who are currently 10-14, are in 99/100 cases not going to join an aged server with an average of 2 players online. It's that simple. Every server of every game has a turnover of people, Meepcraft didn't fail because a rule was too strict, but because the server failed to attract a new audience as the old one gradually outgrew it.

There's no point in taking shots at a single admin or a single rule. Nothing lasts forever. Look back on your time here fondly, because if you care enough to still be here arguing, you obviously had a good time.

And shed a tear for the thousands of hours poured into the server and thousands of messages contributed to the forums when both eventually go down. F.

Marshy_88, Erebus45, SuperDyl and 2 others like this.
  9. KlutchDecals

In my opinion, its because we were forced to. Players put up this wall of "you're staff, you should be able to handle trash talk". Then they trash us and expect us to not fight back as were "supposed to have higher standards" while the player base has none. It takes a lot of the fun out of the game for people like me who just want to play. When I log in and just build, Im immediately flamed with things I did, decisions I made, "free soandso". it makes it incredibly unfun. But I agree with the PG side, and you and I both know that was a Fuzzlr decision. Its his server, and I respect that.

10. baku

baku Celebrity Meeper

No, we only trashed staff members who went overboard and muted person after person for "being toxic" in chat. The family friendly atmosphere, in my opinion, is honestly what killed the server. I've logged on a couple times in the past few months and the only people talking in chat are humorless drones making dad jokes. The only non-uptight-boring-prick (no ban please) staff member I've seen so far is Klutz. What you seem to perceive as toxicity and flaming may just be sarcasm or genuine criticism; even if it's not, if you can't handle getting flamed once in a while for being an uptight-boring-prick staff member, maybe change the way you view communication on the internet.
    If you can give me a reasonable amount of examples of people quitting as a result of harassment or bullying, say enough to result in the player count dropping from 500 to 10 on weekends, I'll admit that maybe toxicity was a problem on the server. Until then, however, maybe consider that banning / muting a lot of people on a server that thrives with a healthy community wasn't exactly the best idea brother.

For the record if you delete this for me saying "prick" you are proving my point.

11. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

As long as the server scrapes enough money to run itself it will always be open. However the player base will never keep a sustainable amount of players until every aspect works.