1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Deleting Alpha (and maybe Beta)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by 7acespade, Aug 21, 2016.

1. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

This thread wouldn't exist if both sides were happy.

Is the creation of towns disabled in alpha/beta?

2. Photoave12

Photoave12 Popular Meeper

then why don't we wait until the alpha and beta worlds have 0 players online consistently and THEN delete them?

Pmx728 likes this.
  3. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

Because, as I said at least ninety times, having three town worlds and two economies is very confusing. A new player will probably choose their towns world by random, and when they discover that they can't join an alpha or beta town due to lack of players, they will leave the server.

4. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I agree, it is very confusing at first, but that can be said for a lot of servers.

The idea of just deleting Alpha/Beta is absolutely absurd. The past few days, I've been watching the Tab in Beta. Every day, it goes back up by 2-3 players. Even with the player count lowering a tad day-to-day, Beta continues to increase in popularity.

If things were kept exactly as they were now, then yes, I'd be forced to say delete them, but here's the thing: things aren't done. A new shop and Wild for them are already being worked on, and this solves the biggest problem to it.

My own idea for server development is to make the two economies completely separate, in both your /bal and the playstyle. Pretty soon, people will get bored of Gamma, because it's "more of the same," and go back to Beta and Allha where they already have stuff. Therefore, I believe we should keep A/B as a standard Towny area, plain and simple. On the other hand, Gamma should become a specialized form of Towny, completely unique to Meep. This kind of split Eco would allow us to appeal to players of both worlds.

Huge -1

metr0n0me likes this.
  5. Photoave12

we need to basically stop all new players from joining alpha and beta so its only accessible to anyone who was using it before new spawn. then new players wouldn't see "/warp townsA and /warpp townsB" in their /warp menu and everything would be focussed on gamma. therefore eliminating new player confusion without deleting alpha and beta outright.

6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

-1 I still work on my Beta town when I have free time.

7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

That's basically what's already been done. The goal of Gamma was to give people a "reset," while allowing people to continue to build up in A/B. G was not supposed to close new players off from A/B, but give them the opportunity to start over if they wished, or they could join the older worlds.

metr0n0me likes this.
  8. Photoave12

but new players can still join and use towns A and B. what i was proposing is to set anything connected with the old eco as whitelist only and add only players who used A/b when it was the main eco. then old players can still go back (like @Kling ) but new players wouldn't be able to go back. then, when nobody uses or expresses interest in using a/b, THEN delete it. (maybe let players download the world files for their towns for use in single player?)

9. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Here's the thing, we're not trying to discourage players from going to A/B. I, for one, am staying in Beta, permnantly. As I said, I see the future of A/B in being plain, vanilla Toeny, where Gamma becomes a specialized form of it.

10. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

We could have made 50% of people happy and 50% of people mad, OR!

Make everyone 50% happy.
    I went with the second route and we will deal with servers as time goes by. For now, just have fun!

11. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

+1 lol all these people not wanting their precious alpha/beta towns to die

STARTING FRESH IS FUN

Enron likes this.
  12. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

filthy frank isn't gonna help you, bud

13. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

Photoave12 likes this.
  14. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

Um no theres still towns like dax, ebon, and the nation of mooville that have millions in a/b money and possibly millions when transferred to gamma.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2016 ---
    Lol.

15. 7acespade

"Alpha and beta have no playerbase or economy"
    "No towns such as Dax have enough money to live for a while"

What?

16. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

You are being toxic, I recommend you stop before u get attention of more high staff.

17. 7acespade

Im not being toxic when Im questioning the existence of two empty servers

Enron likes this.
  18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

That's the thing, they're not empty. People have been playing Gamma more because it's new and fully operational. Thing is, more and more people are coming back to A/B with the Wild back (broken already, lol). As long as they make A/B functional, people will continue to play them.

Muunkee likes this.
  19. 7acespade

Oh, I was not aware there was a alpha/beta wild

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  20. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

It's sort of broken right now, but it was added. (Thinks it is Towny Wild right now) Just do /wild while in Alpha or Beta to warp there.