1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Danwoods5's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by danwoods5, Sep 5, 2014.

1. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

In Game Name: danwoods5
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes
    Teamspeak Username: danwoods5
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: UTC (BST)
    Hours online per weekday: 5+
    Hours online per weekend: 8+
    Position Changes:Helper to Mod

Introduction:
    Hey I am danwoods5 as a lot of you know!
    I am from Peterborough, UK and am currently studying Computer Science, Business and Maths at 6th form!
    I love my job here at MeepCraft and even though I have only been staff for 5 weeks now I would love the chance to become a Moderator and progress my skills even further! I know allot of people may not know me because of the time zone difference but I'm sure by now allot of you do by now and I would like to have the chance to prove myself as a Moderator.

Why should I be Mod ?
    My main reason for applying for mod is because of the extra perms that I can use to help moderating the server I mean there is allot that you can do as a helper but I would like to extend my job further by being able to help other helpers dealing with certain issues and for the fact that I get these type of modreqs all the time when I have to wait for a mod to come online to help me with this issue because I don't have the right perms to do it and as I am in the UK it is very rare to see a Mod on allot of the time!

Involvement
    I like to get involved in allot of things such as in teamspeak I always like to join a chat and communicate with the people of MeepCraft and it really lets you know what type of a player they are and this helps a lot when you see a modreq from these people you know you sort of trust them in a sense!

I am always eager to answer modreqs if I see one open I'll go for it weather it is going to be difficult or hard I always like to challenge myself and prepare myself for the next time I get a similar modreq!

Experience
    In the past I have run many different servers from towny to prison servers and know allot of the commands needed to work with moderating. I also used to work at a server hosting company so I understand a lot of the ins and outs of minecraft servers!

Weaknesses:
    I feel that being able to determine PvP Hackers is a weakness of mine i would be able to spot some hacks but not all also i am not so engaged in some of the minigames on MeepCraft and that is something that i would like to work on!

Conclusion:
    I feel like i am ready to step up to the position of Mod and would love the chance to be able to help around the server more than what i could do before while learning along the way!

Looking forward to reading your comments!

Thanks for reading.
    Danwoods5

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

Very kind, active, and smart. I have seen nothing but wisdom from you. +1.

danwoods5 likes this.
  3. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

+1

danwoods5 and SirCallow like this.
  4. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

Thanks! :D

Splendy and SirCallow like this.
  5. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

+mature
    +Good
    -took the fun out of reporting 1945boy
    -Not very active on forums (not that I saw)
    -How and when did you become helper? First time I saw you, you were a helper with the "member" rank

scoowby and danwoods5 like this.
  6. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

Hey, I became helper around 5 weeks ago and yes agreed I am not massively active on the forums! I have been elite for around 2 years and about a year ago I became supreme I have not been a member for a long time. I also do not remember taking fun out of reporting 1945boy and i don't actually remember reporting him but i have banned him once yes. Thanks for your comment though!

SirCallow likes this.
  7. Splisho999

Splisho999 Active Meeper

^ +1 Gl Dan :3

SirCallow and danwoods5 like this.
  8. Ampsy21

Ampsy21 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Active and Very Helpful,
    Good Luck :)

danwoods5 likes this.
  9. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Dan, we've had many interactions. You are very nice and mature. However, I don't think you are experienced enough yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but before I got demoted, you went on a 2 week trip. So that means you really only have 2-3 weeks of experience. I don't think you know the ban lengths yet, but I don't really know what's going on with your staff work. You're app was also very short, I would think that you could do a longer app, but it was still an okay app. I would wait a little more time before you apply for mod.
    Nevertheless, good luck! :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    danwoods5 likes this.
  10. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

Hey dan! I really like you, you're a nice guy, and a hard worker with a lot of potential! However, you've been gone for 2 weeks . I think bob summed it up perfectly here. I could easily see you as a Mod in a while, but not right now. Your forum activity needs some improvement as well. Try posting more often, it's a good way to interact with the community and see what's going on.

EDIT: I looked over some of your bans, that could use some work. You've done mostly Ads bans, try doing a wider array of bans to get used to the procedure, and be able to guide newer Helpers in doing them.

Good luck! :)

11. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

Thanks and yeah that's a fair point but i feel like i am ready, admittedly yes i have only really had 3 weeks of experience on MeepCraft but i have allot of experience on other servers from the past and while i was away i did come onto meep for quite a bit of time but not a massive amount but yes i see where your coming from!

12. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

I haven't seen much from you, not saying that you haven't done anything (I have probably just been oblivious to it) but It's been a short while. I hope to see you stay and excel on the staff team, but I think you need a bit more time as Helper. I would be happy to +1 you in a few weeks, but for now +/-

BobJonCreeper and danwoods5 like this.
  13. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

Hi Dan!
    I don't really know you and we haven't talked much as staff (because of your vacation) but we got Helper around the same time so that's rad. Like the other Staff and Bob said, you've only really gotten around 2-3 weeks of in-game experience, but after a little more time spent as a Helper, I could totally see you as a Mod! Just get on those modreqs ;3

danwoods5 likes this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I don't think you're ready yet. Good luck though <3

15. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

-1 You've not been helper for very long, so I think you need more experience. But, I've seen you do a good job and I believe you'll be ready for mod soon!

16. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

I was strongly against your promotion in the first place due to your very severe ban history which included advertising, duping, etc. I don't like your attitude and I don't think you had the professionalism to thrive as a helper anyway.

Well you proved me wrong, I guess.

However, you aren't that active on the forums and the Moderator position requires lots of in game and forum activity. Until I see more activity on here, I will not be upvoting this application.

Videogames321 likes this.
  17. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

wait what? i've never been banned?

18. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

Thanks for your comment! i see now that i would need some more experience as a helper before i re apply thanks again!

BobJonCreeper and Owen Powell like this.
  19. TrinityIV

TrinityIV Popular Meeper

+.5, you have decent amount of bans of what I've seen. I think you need to branch yourself out there to start banning for other things and not just for language/spam/ads etc.

danwoods5 likes this.
  20. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

-1 A few weeks ago I noticed that you were even a Staff member. I don't feel like you've had enough experience yet to become a Moderator.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    dreqq and danwoods5 like this.