1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Damiencw; Helper Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by damiencw, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

If anyone on this thread is biased, it's the people who did see him in August 2012.

Forums
    Activity
    I see you quite often, and you do post in some of the places I count (mostly Suggestions is where you post). I'm a +0.75 just because I haven't really seen you post in Q&A, Report a Bug, and Staff Recruitment.
    Content
    Most of the time, when I see you on the forums, you help a little, but are also very argumentative. When you argue, you also tend to be rude to the people who have differing opinions. You also aren't very constructive when you post on suggestions or staff applications, or only slightly contribute to the conversation. -1
    (Total: -0.25)

In Game
    Activity
    I see you a fair amount in game. +1
    Content
    I've only seen you help in game once or twice. This is not good; the main job of a Helper is helping, so you should show us you can do it before you become a Helper. You do, however, contribute to conversations and are a fairly friendly person, so +0.5
    (Total: +1.5)

Application
    Length
    Your application was an alright length, but unorganized and confusing. Your Weaknesses section was part of your Why somehow. -0.5
    Content
    I'll break down what disliked about each section of your application. If I don't mention it, it means I liked it.
    • Introduction: What you wrote in your intro should have been in your Why section. An introduction is things about you; your personality, your likes/dislikes. If at all, it should only barely be linked to your Why.
    +0.75
    (Total: +0.25)

Personality
    Forums
    You tend to argue quite a bit, and don't contribute as much as I'd wish. -0.5
    In Game
    I don't see you help in game, and I'm concerned about the fact that you disregard a rule, even if you think it's stupid. You have to follow the rules, even if you disagree with them. I get that you were trying to make a point, but it bothers me that you'd spam language right after seeing someone get kicked for it. -1
    Overall
    I, like many others, want to know why you were demoted in the first place. Also, what is this crime record that Lex is talking about? The past is the past, I get it, but I'd rather know than not. +/-0
    (Total: -1.5)

TL;DR, I think you should probably wait a little longer and get more situated with the server. I agree with Lex in saying that you really only appeared a little while ago. A lot of things now are different than old Meep, so I say; Wait a little longer, then reapply. I see potential in you for sure.

Final Vote: +/-0/+9

LexKristen, damiencw and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. Clearouts

Clearouts Well-Known Meeper

You perm banned me for theft in August 2012. Authority before friends.
    +1

3. Saiakaley

Saiakaley Well-Known Meeper

Ive never sen you help in chat...-1

4. damiencw

damiencw Well-Known Meeper

If I become a staff member, I won't question your authority, because it wouldn't be my place. The only reason I questioned you about doomrunner and marshall is because they're my friends. I apologize for the annoyance.

EDIT: to everyone who says I'm argumentative and rude when I argue; I will no longer be rude when arguing (sorry). Also, I'll try to be more helpful in shout, instead of messaging people. Thanks for all the information guys and gals.

5. Akiratohiama

Akiratohiama Celebrity Meeper

+1.
    go go damien

damiencw likes this.
  6. TitanCookie

TitanCookie Active Meeper

-1 said damn, spamming
    +1 cuz - bias and I like u

Total - +0 work on it

7. damiencw

Lol I'm not planning on doing that again. :p

8. damiencw

Luring first ban and second one idek wasn't me on the account. And I resigned

9. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

You are narcissistic, arrogant, and you constantly bash staff and try to argue with them every chance you get.

You have threatened me several times, including sending me /mail saying that anything I say to you is "harassment" for no reason, and stated that you are actively trying to demote me.

I hope you can find a way to avoid conflicts, but I don't think you will, considering all you try to do is initiate them.

You've left a sour taste in my mouth as an immature, rude person who thinks he's above everyone.

10. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

I have had a total of 3 main experiences with you.

The first of which, was a skype chat posted on the forums with a current staff member which contained incorrect assumptions about my ability as a staff member, and highlighted that I am a certain word I will not be repeating here.

The second of which you criticized staffs judgement and persisted in questioning me in regards to doomrunner's ban reason, which I advised you to talk to the banning staff member about, however you responded rudely and further criticized my work. Upon accepting your request and allowing doomy a chance to appeal, I found your discussion to become far more pleasant, having got what you wanted.

The third consisted if you building a fun new floor for me in my house, which I still owe you money for, when I next see you in game.

I feel overall these experiences demonstrate a lack of maturity, choosing to come across aggressive and rude when you want something from someone and disagree with them, not a trait we want present on our staff team. However I am open to witnessing you change, I just feel the experiences myself and it seems a few other members of the community have had recently outweigh the present positives, but I hope to see a change in this over the next few weeks, and the opening of a possibility for a staff position.

Denied for the time being.

Oroperion, damiencw2 and chaos546 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.