1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

CourtneyMitchell's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Courtneyyy, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

In Game Name: CourtneyMitchell
    Skype (Yes/No): Yes courtneymitchell24
    Teamspeak Username: CourtneyMitchell
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: EST (Georgia,USA)
    Hours online per weekday: I stay on forums 24/7 on my phone, game time about 2-3 hrs in the morning depending on the day and maybe 3 hrs at night depending on my homework.
    Hours online per weekend: I’d stay on all day long if I didn't have any responsibilities about 5-6 hrs a day non-consecutive.
    Position Changes: Citizen to Helper

Introduction: Hello, my name is Courtney! How are you doing today? So, here it goes. I attend college three days a week and I work at a preschool as an assistant teacher two days a week. I am currently going to college to get my RAD Tech degree, which means I will take x-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and ultrasounds. My time spent elsewhere is usually on Minecraft and I have no shame in that at all. I have been playing Minecraft for maybe a year and some change now. I joined MeepCraft February 26th 2014. I am a Co-Mayor in two towns one in Alpha and bbycakes2012’s town in Beta(Gotham). She has been so helpful from day one, she’s the reason I play meep now! I date her older brother and have been for almost four years and we currently live next door to each other, so yes I see bby all the time. We gave each other that nickname a long time ago one day and it has stuck! I could talk and talk all day but ill move on to the next section.

Why you should be Helper/Mod? Oh goodness, the big WHY? Well, simply why not should be my answer. Why would I not want to be a helper? I am super confident in my abilities to learn and be helpful to others in any way possible. I have held onto this application for a long while until I felt like it was the right time to completely ask for the position. I am all about helping people, can’t ya tell by my college major? Becoming something so notable and honoring wouldn't be much more than the icing on the cake. I am currently active on TeamSpeak and forums, I get on more frequently when Emily gets on too because I can walk over there to her house and we can play together. No that doesn't mean I only get on when she is but I love the choice of having someone to play Minecraft with. I know pretty much all the towny commands and some helper commands just by simply watching her and knowing how to handle different situations. I believe in myself 100% when it comes to making decisions. I honestly think that I would be able to handle any situation thrown at me and could make the right choices for everything that happens. Also superbros1211 said “Apply for staff then we can have two bbycakes on the staff team. Like a mini cake and a big cake and you can be bbycakes2” So I am totally taking the advice! Although I am not so sure about changing my name… hmm. I understand the rules, I know policy, I am very professional (when I need to be) meaning usually I just like to have a lot of FUN but I know when it is time to be responsible.

Weaknesses: Yeah, so I tend to let people run over me which is bad thing. I tend to get really upset when said harsh things to or slandered. I am working on it just having positive reinforcement’s helps a lot. It is hard for me to accept constructive criticism because I put my mind to something and I don’t like being told that I’m doing something wrong but if I am I like to be told that it’s alright or give positive feedback. Getting yelled at doesn't help either, I don’t like when people play the “I’m higher than you” card because you are no more or less than a human being than me. I also cuss a lot, I have a dirty mouth but I’m not so sure how to overcome that but normally I cuss to myself anyways. Although as I've heard on teamspeak that I am not the only one with this problem! Also I find it really nerve racking to talk first, I love to talk but it is hard for me to begin a conversation so once I get out there I’m sure I will overcome that fear. For example say I am being put on the spot for the first time, when I am asked a question it might take a few minutes to calm down and answer it to the best of my abilities. I am not slow I just get really nervous because I don’t want it to be what you are not looking for. I have already suggested two different ideas and one I got put down majorly and the other I was told was a phenomenal idea which makes me feel 100% better than how I felt getting talked down to and called stupid but I understand that sometimes not everybody will like your ideas.

Conclusion: All in all I do believe in myself and my abilities to help others. I think I would be a wonderful asset to this server because of some of the ideas I have in my head. I understand that it takes time and effort to get where I want to be but that won’t happen unless I try. You should always believe in yourself no matter how many times people tell you that you can’t do something. I am always on skype because it is on my phone even though it’s not a requirement for the game, I usually get on teamspeak also and play the game all in one. Oh the joys of a computer that can run all of it at once! I do believe that I would make a great helper and I know that there is always room for improvement. I sure hope I covered all of the main points that I needed to and I hope you consider my application, thanks for reading! If there is anything else you would like to know do not hesitate to ask. Adios!

2. rAwsondayc

rAwsondayc Celebrity Meeper

You are an absolutely amazing community member who trys to help everyone out in every way possible. You are eager to learn and do work, and I have been waiting for this app. +1

3. bbycakes2012

bbycakes2012 Half baby, Half cake

People are going to think This is going to be Biased if i say +1 or -1 since were friends. xD
    But you are ALWAYS ON MEEP NOW! You always text me & ask me questions on things you aren't sure about and are always helping me out with my town. I'm glad you want to be staff I think you would be really good at it since your mature & know a good bit about the server. Also you will always have me (since were neighbors) to help you out!
    I'm not sure how "well known" in game since we don't play together a lot. But that doesn't matter IMO. As long as you have the potential to be a good staff I don't see why you need to be well known and you DO have the potential! your also active on all 3 parts of the server!
    Good luck Courtney! : D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Ranger_621 and danwoods5 like this.
  4. Owen Powell

Owen Powell Popular Meeper

-1 You're nice and active on the forums and in game (but I've never seen you on ts), but I think you need to have played a little longer before you become staff. When you have played for longer, I'll probably change my vote! But, your application was really great and your personality shined thought! (Also we both live in Georgia)

5. danwoods5

danwoods5 Popular Meeper

+1
    +Great App
    +Active on TS and IG
    +Mature
    +Worthy to be apart of the team!

Good Luck!

bbycakes2012 likes this.
  6. _Chef_Carrott_

_Chef_Carrott_ Popular Meeper

7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Your activity is good, your app was GREAT, but as owen said, I think you should maybe wait a bit longer and settle in more. I think you REALLY have potential though, and have necessary staff qualities.
    +1 from me - Even though Owen makes a good point, I think you'd be a great staff member.

8. xRestart

xRestart Popular Meeper

Girls are overtaking the staff team.
    +/-

9. TrinityIV

TrinityIV Popular Meeper

Like let's just show our off like bbycakes and be nice and stuff. Then get staff and do a poor job. Everyone seems to pull a bbycakes2012 these days. You're just doing the exact thing bbycakes2012 did, it's not even funny. -1.

10. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

She's been on the forums longer then u LOL
    +1 reasons above

11. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

I know you are new but you have been so active in the last week!
    • Your really friendly
    • Really active
    • Another person who is on the forums 24/7 (phew it's not just me!)
    • Great application
    • Would mean that there is 2 cakes in the staff team!
    It's a big +1 for me! Good luck :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  12. kittywittimeow

kittywittimeow Celebrity Meeper

+1 Reasons above Good luck! :cat:
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 7, 2014 ---
    I looked at the staff list and I know at least 8 of them are girls. There are 36 staff total. You call that taking over?

13. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

Please don't be rude :)

The girls do an amazing job :)

Cookies713 likes this.
  14. bbycakes2012

bbycakes2012 Half baby, Half cake

What does that mean?
    What did I do to make everyone "pull a bbycakes" ? I'm completely lost.
    & i'm pretty sure shes not being funny, lol.

I don't see anything wrong with more girls being staff over guys. Or more guys over girls.
    If they are fit for the job then they deserve it!

15. Zebo616

Zebo616 Popular Meeper

Wow, I have been waiting for this App!

+ All Activity
    + Helpful
    + Mature

I'd like to see you give a try as a Helper! +1!

16. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

+1 Reasons above

17. Window_Licker

Window_Licker Celebrity Meeper

Active in game and very kind! +1. Good Luck! :)

Courtneyyy likes this.
  18. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

superbros1211 and bbycakes2012 like this.
  19. chrisandmatthew

chrisandmatthew Celebrity Meeper

You seem like you'd make an excellent staff member, I'm going to +.5 this simply on the basis that I've only just recently started seeing you be more active.
    According to Trin, "pulling a bbycakes" is using a selfie as an attempt to get staff (not entirely sure how it works o_O)

bbycakes2012 and superbros1211 like this.
  20. Forest

Forest Popular Meeper

So what if girls are taking if they are good at being staff then let them it does not madder what gender they are as long as they can help others I say let the take over
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 8, 2014 ---
    I am going to give it a +1 I have seen you on a lot so I thinks that's good

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    bbycakes2012 likes this.
  21. Ranger_621

Ranger_621 Well-Known Meeper

Personally, I don't think that would be biased at all.
    My review is
    - Helpful in shout
    - Active (In game and on forums, I don't have teamspeak though)
    - Extremely friendly

Good luck! :)
    - Ranger_621
    P.S. +1

bbycakes2012 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.