1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Continue here about guns.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by KlutchDecals, Nov 2, 2016.

1. xAZN_SJx

xAZN_SJx Celebrity Meeper

Regarding hunting and abortions, I literally stated that those topics are for another thread so I'm not going to continue disputing it here. You're quoting certain parts of my argument, only to tell me what I've already said? LOL

Killing is a lot easier because it's easy to gain access to firearms. "We have people who have guns to kill." Then there should be a focus on how to prevent those people from getting ahold of firearms.

Would having armed guards really constitute to a safer environment? Police can be considered armed guards and there are plenty of stories surrounding police brutality and American citizens.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Take this argument to it's conclusion, if police don't make thing safer why not get rid of them or disarm them?

3. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

It’s not like I haven’t been saying this but okay.....
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 25, 2018 ---
    Yes! Most mass shooters were taken down via another person with a gun.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

You live in Canada. You wouldn't know this (understandably, why would you?) but those stories are laughably overhyped

SpongeyStar likes this.
  5. Blue_Marlin

Roughly 1% of cops have been proven guilty of police brutality. 99% of them protect us.

6. xAZN_SJx

There shouldn't even be a 1%. There's so much racism and bias within the judicial system and law - not entirely sure armed guards would be ideal.

I'm not going to continue going back and forth with this; I've given my input and thought about others'. I can do nothing but hope something changes.

7. FamousZAmos

You claim to be Canadian. How would you know?

SpongeyStar likes this.
  8. Blue_Marlin

There also shouldn’t be any criminals in America. However, it’s never going to go away. You will never ever ever have a country with 0 crime & every citizen is perfect. I’m not sure if the exact percent of police brutality but it’s very very very low compared to what CNN says. Besides that, what does police brutality have to do with private citizens owning guns?

FamousZAmos likes this.
  9. xAZN_SJx

People are informed through media outlets - Canadians and Americans alike. Whether stories are "laughably overhyped" or not, it is undeniable that there is racism and bias. Maybe not in all incidents involving POC and police, but in enough to raise eyebrows.

10. xAZN_SJx

I'm using police as an example of why armed guards may not be the solution. Also, if you're unsure of the percent of police brutality, how would you know it's "very very very low compared to what CNN says"?

11. Blue_Marlin

Because CNN is known to spit out 99% fake news. And that’s me being nice.

Armed guards aren’t waltzing around trying to kill people. You never seen this many shootings before, most of which occur in “gun free zones”.

12. FamousZAmos

Because CNN really disrespects our 99%+ of morally upstanding, decent policemen by acting all like: "be careful if you're a minority all the po-lice are out to getcha and will beat you up! Lock your doors, and don't answer them if it could be the police!" it's sickening and disrespectful to people who are out there risking their lives to protect us
    also minorities commit disproportionately more crimes so maybe it isn't racism it's statistics

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  13. MeepLord27

We can very easily show that all cops are unjust by observing that many laws are unjust and evil, and that cops enforce the law, therefore all cops are unjust. With that being said this is a tangent that could probably warrant it's own thread.

Blue_Marlin and xAZN_SJx like this.
  14. FamousZAmos

Come on man, basic logical fallacy I thought you were better than making general statements...

15. xAZN_SJx

Yes, there are decent police officers whose actions go unnoticed by the public eye but there's a reason why police have a bad rep. Not all, but enough police have caused more harm than good to citizens for people to become cautious. Don't tell me it isn't racism when white criminals are considered "mentally ill" and their behaviour is justified while coloured criminals wind up dead within police custody. I'm not saying POC are innocent or white people are evil, but to deny the blatant racism in today's society?

16. FamousZAmos

Oh boy
    Minorities commit disproportionately more crimes than majorities (in the US, idk about Canada)
    It's not racism it's caution.

Also, racism goes both ways. White officers are the only ones accused of brutality. People joke about white people being school shooters all the time here. People call me "cr---a" all the time. Racism is a two-way street, anyone who says different wants attention, not equality

17. MeepLord27

I will organize my argument in a syllogism to show it is not fallacious:
    1) All cops enforce the law
    2) the law is unjust
    3) therefore all cops are unjust
    I fail to see how this is a fallacy.

Blue_Marlin and xAZN_SJx like this.
  18. xAZN_SJx

Racism is a two-way street, but POC have it worse. White people are called crackers and school shooters for being white; coloured people are harassed and killed for the colour of their skin.

19. FamousZAmos

how is the law unjust? I fail to see "kill black people more" in the Constitution
    the way the law is upheld is unfair, however breaking laws isn't exactly fair play is it?

20. MeepLord27

Specifically drug laws are unjust. The prohibition of drugs is immoral, the reasoning being people own themselves so people are allowed to do what they want to themselves. The idea that the police will put you in a cage with violent criminals for exercising your liberty is a great disgrace to anyone who respects their fellow man’s autonomy. Police enforcing drug prohibitions are supremely unjust people comparable to slave owners or those complicit in owning slaves (especially comparable when you consider in many prisons there exists forced labor).