1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Continue here about guns.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by KlutchDecals, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

Make guns illegal, all solved!

I really don't understand why do USA allow guns... Give plebs guns = give OP commands to citizens, imagine what's gonna happen?

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

make killing illegal and it wont happen anymore
    make theft illegal and no one will do it
    owaitwedidthosethings

3. xT3Kx

xT3Kx Retired AF Elder

Shut up you gun loving, bible thumping, beard having, energy drink drinking, game playing, girl loving, trump voting, racist republi can of crap. Ha.

4. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Because guns preserve our freedoms when all else fails. If you look at Europe you can see continuous degredation of basic freedoms such as speech and press. Another difference is you do not see the military on our streets in America, compared to some parts of Europe.

KlutchDecals likes this.
  5. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Here is the top 4 nations with most free speech and press
    [​IMG]
    All European countries.

America is ranked number 41 on that list.
    Source: 2016 World Press Freedom Index | Reporters Without Borders

You only see military in nations that are in a state of emergency, for example France.

6. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Australia banned guns in 1996 following a mass shooting and haven't had one since. In fact, between 2010 and 2014, there were only 30-40 gun related homicides per year. Not a lot compared to America's 10000+ per year.

7. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Simply put, we (citizens) should not have gun rights. Bring up knives, bring up whatever, I really don't care. You're wayyyy less likely to die from a weapon like a knife which requires brute force than a weapon that takes no force whatsoever.

What are the odds of someone ever trying to attack you? Extremely little.

I don't want to go to anyone's house knowing that something inside their house can kill me in a matter of seconds.

I don't want the children who are unaware of what guns can do to pull the trigger on themselves by accident.

I don't want schools to get shot up by some (white) kid who knows way too much about guns. (which is half the people on this thread)

I don't want guns to be one of the leading cause of death in African American males.

Do not throw "guns don't kill people, people kill people" at me because if anyone has a gun they probably have not used it or don't have any reason to use it.

Draqq likes this.
  8. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Gun Confiscation By Police On The Rise Coast To Coast | Off The Grid News
    72 died in Boston
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 3, 2016 ---
    Australia doesnt have enemies, Bloods, Crips, or nearly as many people
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---
    Please take your ignorance elsewhere. Also, when something happens, Dont call 911. Just grab a knife

Courtneyyy likes this.
  9. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

let me refrain myself so I don't get banned

I don't know if you read my full post but

If there's no guns why would someone breaking in be an issue anyway lmao.

The cons outweigh the pros. Like I said, it's EXTREMELY rare that anybody would try to attack you. You say "when something happens" like something (like a house breakin)ever happened to you, which I highly doubt. I also doubt that someone will ever break into your house.

Japan does not allow their citizens to have guns and their homicide rate is significantly lower than America's.

10. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Are you kidding me right now? You're gonna bring in race! Just because say Klutch knows way too much about guns the chance of him going to shoot up a school cause he's white is a ridiculous observation.

Acoustic Kitty likes this.
  11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

In the article you link it cites these following examples:

1) New York City, using a city law on the books since 2010, ordered residents to surrender shotguns and rifles. There has been no legal challenges to this order, nor and evidence showing anyone has been arrested, or had their guns confiscated. The issue here is the voters of New York City, by virtue, decided this law was warranted and I think it would be undemocratic to dictate how they should live their lives, unless you are a resident of New York City. This law does not pertain to New York State. Another method of confiscation being used is stop & frisk.

2) The second example cites authorities using an existing gun law to raid a journalists home and seize notes pertaining to sources the journalist used in various agencies. They used the felon status of this woman's husband in order to search for guns and ammo. This looks to me not a violation of a 2nd amendment, but the 4th against unreasonable search & seizure.

3) The third example details Eric Lee, a man who had bought a shotgun because he worried about break-ins in his furniture store. He was arrested while carrying a legally registered firearm on his property. The judge hearing this case quickly dismissed it and offered an apology to the man. This, again, is not necessarily an assault on the 2nd amendment, but further proof that police training across the nation is subpar and it leads to unqualified and incompetent police. (This is not to say all police are unqualified / incompetent)

4) In Cleveland, Ohio police detained a man, Derrick Washington, while he was intoxicated and armed. Due to a city ordinance that allowed police to hold unto firearms until a court essentially released it. Due to insufficient evidence, no charges were filed, but yet the man had to sue the city to retrieve his firearm. The city ordinance that allows this is questionable, as it tries to supercede a state law pre-empting it. This seems less like an assault on the 2nd amendment and more of a case of questionable practices on a city level, in a state that clearly outlines what should be done. The steps required by this man to get his firearm back eerily match what it takes almost every citizen to fight and civil seizure period.

5) Californian law requiring people to pass a criminal background check to get their firearms back. Not much critique can be given to this, it's state law. States have an inalienable right to determine their own path. Don't like it? Don't live in California.

All in all, this article does not do a great job of painting a picture of mass seizures across this country. To me it seems like the gun debate has extremists on both sides, and not very many people in the middle ground.
    What stops Japan from being invaded? American guns.

12. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

We have this great thing called the extreme left, made up of extremist groups like feminism, Black Lives Matter, and anyone else who loses their fill in the blank when someone has an opposing view.

13. KlutchDecals

This is the ignorance. We will never have no guns.

Pmx728 likes this.
  14. Ranger0203

Ranger0203 Celebrity Meeper

That is democracy, which is why we don't live in a democracy, we live in a republic. It stops the majority from just doing whatever it wants.
    That is the best response to "Make guns illegal" I have ever heard.

15. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I wasn't using "democracy" in a literal sense. But it is true we are a Republic heavily modified by Democracy, and the principle of the way we operate our Federal Republic is in a democratic fashion.
    I think the best way to explain why America has guns is simply because of the number of guns in our country, nearly limitless, we cannot effectively outlaw and remove them without seriously violating many inherent civil rights we, as Americans, hold more sacred than almost anything. It would do irreparable damage to our country, most likely end it as we know it.

Melynarra and Ranger0203 like this.
  16. Jinkeloid

Naive, most of countries in this world aren't allowing people having firearms.

What countries allow guns?
    Gun laws and policy vary considerably around the world. Some countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, China, Germany, and the United Kingdom have strict gun regulations. Other countries like the Czech Republic, Serbia, Somalia, Yemen, and the United States, allow for greater access.

Also, you said theft and killing is illegal but we still do it, do you see everyone doing it? Come one, you are 17, and what you said looks like a 10 year-old kid's speech... There's no absolute things in this world.

Make guns illegal can reduce crime rate, and save a lot of people, even few thousands. You guys always yelling be nice, but at this point, I don't see how nice are you to be honest. You said like making guns illegal is a very dumb action, that's nice tho.

17. KlutchDecals

So by your naive logic, You see everyone going around killing with guns?

1000% False. When was the last time you saw a criminal abide by the laws? If people want to kill, they will.
    Look at the boston bombers. They couldnt get guns so they went online and learned how to make a bomb. They then planted it in an area full of people. One kid did end up having a glock but guess what, It was stolen.

Wake up =]

18. NinjaRoxy

NinjaRoxy Guest

In Australia, yes guns are banned. But a lot of criminals still have them, you see it on the news all the time police found a big stash of weapons. I'd rather be able to protect myself and my home if needed, than be at the mercy of someone carrying a weapon with intent to use it.

19. Jinkeloid

So USA is hopeless? Is that you want to say?

Draqq likes this.
  20. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

That's only so helpful if there are no guns in the first place
    Like in a place where very few people, even very few law enforcement, have guns, and they are very difficult to find and buy, sure, making guns be illegal would make a little more sense
    I can buy a gun off of someone else with almost no difficulty if at all (licensed or not)
    If you make guns illegal where guns don't exist or are extremely difficult to get, fine
    I can drive for an hour and pick a dozen guns off a guy with no problem
    you make them illegal here, they are still easy to get for the people that want them illegally.
    You make them able to get, people can legally own and carry one, it's all well and good and okay, and you have a good guy carrying a gun and now can defend himself

Ranger0203 likes this.