1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Computer Startup Problem.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Qaztar, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Hey Meep
    Feeling a bit down in the dumps. Came home from a lost basketball game to my finally arrived monitor. Got it all set up, and then when I turned it on, it gave me that windows area with the "Troubleshoot" or "Continue" and all the other ones. When I clicked continue, the monitor went black, flashed a screen with "HDMI No Cable" and then went back. Resetting doesn't work, it goes about one or two percent and then pops up with "There was a problem resetting your computer." Nothing works, not any advanced options or anything else.
    I'm running Windows 10. If you have any ideas, please post them.

Edit: If you find a solution, I will give you 100k of my meebles.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Oh by the way, that screen that pops up is right after it says "Preparing Automatic Repair"

3. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

Does any sort of error code pop up on the screen before it goes black? Ex. Error Code (0x000000)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 20, 2016 ---
    Also, does the option "run in safe mode" show up?

4. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Neither. When I click continue, the screen turns black, and it pops back up with the "Republic of Gamers" logo again and loads the "Preparing Automatic Repair" and ends right back up to where it started. I pressed delete and opened the place where you have all the fan settings and such, but after fiddling around with that, still nothing worked. Whoever gives me a fix that works will get 100k meebles.

5. benster82

What was the last thing you did on the computer before you shut it down the last time it worked?

Dockson likes this.
  6. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Okay... I don't know if I fully understand your problem here so correct me if I am wrong on any of the following;

1. The problem started with a new Monitor

2. The outpot you chose to use is HDMI, the old monitor used [HDMI/DVI/VGA]?

3. This shouldn't be a question, but if you are using a HDMI cable as the monitor's output, you selected HDMI as output in the monitor settings right? I mean, otherwise it wouldn't turn up at all.

4. You triple checked that the HDMI cable is plugged in correctly into your GPU and/or you tried to use a different port if your GPU has more.

5. The problem is, you can't get past the Boot-up and Windows 10 is trying to repair an unknown problem during it.

Good. As benster said, Safe mode is your best bet now. Turn off your computer, start it and keep pressing F8 while the screen is still black. It should bring up the advanced boot menu. Select safe mode and see if you can boot up at all.

If you haven't yet, plug in your old monitor back in and see if that makes any difference (it shouldn't).

I don't think your problem is strictly related to a new monitor. You must have done something while setting it up or before. Check the SATA cables of your HDD, RAMs correctly plugged in... Etc. All the cables.

benster82 likes this.
  7. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Sorry, I guess I didn't make this totally clear. The computer didn't ever work, I've never turned it on since now. We used the HDMI cable to plug my monitor into the computer, and turned them on. The monitor then shows "Preparing Automatic Repair" and gives me the screen.

I held F8 and instead of showing a safe mode, it showed my different drives. It showed my terra bite drive, my ssd and some Windows boot up drive. There was also a option to just "setup"

8. benster82

That completely changes the troubleshooting. Check all of those little connections on the pins on the bottom of the motherboard. Often first-time builders connect those incorrectly and it leads to a wave of various problems.

9. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Alright, Ill check that out when I get home. I had it custom made by cyberpowerpc, so I would think they would have done it correctly.

10. boyishredstrike

boyishredstrike Popular Meeper

i think this is the same problem that happend to me, my hard drive died

11. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

He mentioned he has an SSD, and that would be the boot drive, so its unlikely that a dead HDD is the problem here.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 21, 2016 ---
    Pictures of your display would be very helpful. @Qaztar
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]

12. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Sure thing, I will in a second.

SirCallow likes this.
  13. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG] This isn't an actual picture since I can't turn on my computer while my dad is working on it, but this is basically what the screen looks like. The only other option is a recovery option where it says "Recover using a hard drive or a DVD" or something like that.

14. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

I would unplug and re do all the cables to make sure they are correct then id plug it back in and boom it works magic

15. _Ners

_Ners Popular Meeper

Maybe if u reinstall the software............

16. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

Well, it probably wasn't for the same reason, but I had the exact same issue on this very laptop I am currently using. No idea why it happened, but it did. There was an advanced thing for me which let me delete all my files and start afresh though. Not sure if this is an option for you but as it sounds like you haven't used it much I think it wouldn't be a bad option. Don't be an idiot like me and call customer support first before you do anything insane. I can try to do some research tomorrow if your problem is not resolved. :)

17. DonSwaggy

DonSwaggy Meeper

Make sure it's plugged in bruh.

18. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

Can you startup via safe mode? If so, look into event viewer and look for anything under the category of Critical.

19. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

^ read above posts. No safe mode :I Doesn't seem like it's an option.

20. benster82

Do you have access to a computer with internet access and a cd burner? If you download the Ubuntu 14.04 iso and burn it to a blank cd, you could try to boot the pc using the live cd. This will show us if it is a hardware issue or a software issue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2016 ---
    SSDs can fail out of the box as well. They aren't immune and can only handle a finite number of read and write cycles before they die.

SirCallow and Dockson like this.