1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Building Meep Up Again

1. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

It's a remake of the 2013 spawn, its a bit bigger than this one, otherwise I'm giving no details :]

2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Not commenting on the suggestion itself (yet), but had to deal with this:
    *Sighs*
    Yea, we are very different from other servers, in both good and bad ways.

Totally agree; no spawn parkour. I like the way Meep's parkour is more than just a time killer, and has a dedicated world for those who enjoy it. However, Hunger Games was something many people appreciated, and was removed originally for bugs.
    Quick tip: words like "always" and "never" are rarely true. Go type into any search engine "Minecraft Towny server," and see what you find. I guarantee you will find others. So the question is, what sets us apart? This is a question I have been researching the past few weeks, even spending time browsing through forums on other Towny servers. Here's the differences:
    1. Most Towny servers are very quiet, little fighting between players
    2. They usually try and be unique by adding plugins that make the world unique
    3. The majority of these servers don't implement much for PvP, outside of an arena
    Sound familiar? In order to be different from all of these, we need a better way of playing Towny. If we have a unique system for wars, then it not only gives players something to do, but creates a Meeble drain in the form of equipment. You'd be suprised the way wars jumpstart economies. A lot of people quit because there simply isn't much to do in Towny; all you can really do is build. Factions server have been hit even harder by the EULA then we were, so we can feed off of these servers by providing them with a new form of combat.
    This, to me, is the reason a lot of players don't stay. They feel like the only ones who can do anything are the oldies who've been here for years. This kind of attitude is responsible for the apathy of the community. Whether you like the idea or not, there is absolutely no reason to insult someone for being new, and offering a suggestion.
    Have you seen the farewell subforum? All of these people leaving, for various reasons. What seems to be the overall themes?
    1. Busy in real life (Can't fix that)
    2. Bored
    Simply put, there's not a load to do anymore. Look at @Summers , for example. He collected most heads on the server, ran an incredibly successful shop, owned a town, served on the staff team, obtained the Ultimate rank, and was very well off financially. What more does he have to do? As he said, "I beat the game." So what can we do? We can add things that are never truly over. Factions is an example of this, where you are never done. Just when you think you've beaten the game, someone else can come along and blow your place sky high, and now you have been sent back down. I don't mean to say TNT should be allowed or something, but we definately need never-ending game modes.

3. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Giveaways give people reasons not to do anything to earn items.

4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

1. Already happening?
    2. Why? How would a player be able to opt out if they dont want?
    3. There is plenty to do if you just look around. And new spawn is going to be exciting to explore. I was in there yesterday its close to done :3