1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Buddy System

Discussion in 'Denied' started by RaveMaster, Apr 5, 2015.

1. RaveMaster

RaveMaster Popular Meeper

Ok before you read this I was bored in the bathroom so a bunch of useless brain cells of mine banded together and created an idea that May or may not be good. So don judge. I'm not gonna solve world hunger in the shower.

Anyway, it's a buddy system designed to help new players. So basically people could volunteer (with or without payment, idk) and kind of be like 24/7 helpers and accompany a new person around. So like go to airship or PvP or spleen or towns or sky lock or whatever, and answer questions and other good stuff. They could do this for like a week or something. So yeah. Obviously there are a Tom I flaws with this like people who are just not experienced enough or people who don't really care and stuff. So yeah. That's it.

benster82 and Aarett like this.
  2. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

-1 the simple /modreq is a really efficient and helpful system, but there are also people who take their time to just help out.

3. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

and we have /res that acts like a 'friends' system.
    *does /res add (name) so technically it's like a friends list*

adlovesdogs likes this.
  4. TheAngelEclipse

TheAngelEclipse Popular Meeper

I believe this is what we have Helpers and other staff for. I don't think this is necessary as you always run the risk of having people who don't know enough to make much difference volunteer, and possibly make the experiences even worse for new players.

Though I do agree that we could use more staff members that more-so spend their time at spawn to answer questions, especially when there's a lot of other staff online or no modreqs to take care of. Many times the new players just don't understand the need to put /g (or /shout, for you oldies.) before every message to talk to the whole server.

Also this. ^

If you would be able to explain more in depth of what the role/task of these volunteers/buddies would be, I'd be happy to hear it. Otherwise, we really don't need tags/ranks/names to help others. I feel like some people would just do it to be recognized for helping. If you want to help people, you can either apply for staff and have full duties/responsibilities, or do it out of the goodness of your heart - not expecting for anything in return. (Or in this case, a "label" to make you stand out. Either way, it sounds like a nice idea, just not very efficient in some areas.

5. Chickenator

Chickenator Popular Meeper

If they just read the signs and do the tutorial they would know everything about this server

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  6. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

Haha this idea is fantastic! +1 will be the first "helper"

7. LionWaffles

LionWaffles Well-Known Meeper

Really, modreq is extremely slow, and that is why new players always end up asking chat.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  8. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

-1, the players also have /help, /modreq, or ask in shout if it's something trivial.

GroovyGrevous likes this.
  9. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

I see the value of having older more experienced players helping newbies learn various things about the server and helping them get established. However, I don't think there is really any need for any system of sorts to be implemented for this by the staff, as there is nothing stopping any of us from finding a new player that has the potential to become a good member of the community and helping them learn about the server.

10. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

This could be fixed by sinply having a small quiz that you would take after applying.

11. lordusan

lordusan The true #DarkKnight

-1 we have a tutorial and shout to help players. Also a pretty dope staff team who work almost 25/7

12. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

Obviously you've never experienced slow modreqs. I've had plenty of experiences where modreqs have taken well over 3 hours.

+1, this is actually not a bad idea although it maybe be too complicated to implement. There are a lot of simpler ways to do this.

13. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

I really like the idea but we would rather encourage the community to do this than assign people to do this.