1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Bring Back /Fix and Other Perks and Up The Spawn Rates

1. creeperdeath

creeperdeath Well-Known Meeper

I do not know why /fix was taken away from donators on skyblock , and even more so, I do not get why /heal was taken away. I get that the idea may have been to try to make skyblock more fair for everyone to play so that it is the same difficulty for an unranked as an ultimate, but we are donators and we donated to get perks. I do not play much else on meep other than skyblock and I have been around for the many versions of skyblock, even before MeepNetworks. Therefore I don't really ever take advantage of my perks outside of skyblock and if there are no perks in skyblock then why did i donate? I think that there is no great gain that any donator gets from having /fix, /heal, /fill, etc. It is not like they are making the game much easier for us to play and they are not making us money. If we do have any financial gain from not having to make new items and being ale to /fix them, it is small and it is not like we are making millions from it. For these reasons, I think that those perks should be brought back for fairness to the donators who donate to get perks and because they made skyblock more fun for the donators.

As for the spawn rates, i get that they were reduced because higher spawn rates cause lag, but, they could be upped at least a little, because, at the moment, the game may as well be on peaceful. Spawners still pump out the same amount of mobs, but if you are to build a mob grinder on your island, that, with regular spawn rates on easy mode can churn out over 100 items an hour, it would put out MAYBE 15 items an hour (and I've tested by afking next to mine). It was one of the very first things i built on my island, and after many hours of playing, I do not even have a stack of rotten flash from it yet. I think that the server could handle upping the spawn rates a little if not a lot. I'm not a big expert on how servers run, but i would think that, in a gamemode like skyblock, where your island is alone and very far from other islands, high mob spawn rates would not affect overall lag too drastically because they would be individual to each island. If another island somewhere has massive amounts of lag from its mobs for whatever reason, that is their problem probably due to a slow computer or slow internet because it should not affect other people who don't have the chunks for that island loaded anyway.

Thanks

FunGUY, iMelXP, Toostenheimer and 3 others like this.