1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bookreader01's Hack At Helper

Discussion in 'Denied' started by bookreader01, Apr 5, 2014.

?

book for helper?

1. Yeah

9.1%
  2. No

90.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookreader01

bookreader01 Popular Meeper

In Game Name: bookreader01
    Skype Username: Do not have have
    Teamspeak Username: Can't figure out how to download or make
    Mic use: Will listen, rarely speak
    Age: Unspecified, the age in my account is false (I use that age for everything)
    Timezone: United States EST
    Hours online per weekday:2-3
    Hours online per weekend:3-5
    Position Changes: Citizen (Premium or possibly Exclusive by the time this is accepted) to Helper

Introduction: Hello. I will not give my real name, but many call me bookreader, or book. I have been playing MeepCraft for quite a while now, and have contemplated applying for helper for, well, possibly since the time I joined. During my time on MeepCraft I have not only made many new friends, but have improved my social skills, become more friendly, stopped flipping out on people in chat (Something I have done when in arguments on various other servers), and I have submerged myself in the proverbial lake of social activity on this server. Due to Meep I have made changes not only to my life in video games but in reality. Meep has "softened" me in a way, making me helpful and actually nice. Funny, eh?

Why you should be Helper/Mod ?: Well, I have a drive to help others. I am always feeling sad for myself, or in the "Pity Pot" because I feel that I fall short at everything, get picked on for no reason, that I have few to no real friends, and I dread social interaction. I always feel talentless, and there really is no fix for that horrible feeling besides trying to find something you are good at. I believe that helping others is what my talent is. My talent doesn't have to be something self-beneficial, but can be more beneficial to the community. I can be the one who helps others, I can be the one who people like to talk to and greet on Meep, I can change my image for the better. I will no longer be that annoying guy who doesn't shut up, but can be that kind staff member that is encouraging and overall a pleasing person to be around.
    Next, I have tried very hard to become the "Pre-helper". It started when MrsMegan put out in chat "Anyone want to be helper?". She was joking, but I was not when I messaged her yes. She told me to be more active in shout. So, from that fine day in January forth I became the talkative person I am now. I contributed to conversations, anytime someone had a question I tried my best to answer, and I really was striving for this rank. I still do give warnings for double posts, spam, hate, or language. They are not the usual "lang" or "spam", but they have feeling. They are things like "Don't spam, think before you enter" or "Hate = bad = ban. Don't get banned". Next, I donated. Saving up the meebles was quite tough, but it paid off when I used them to buy ranks for myself. I have tried my best to contribute to the people of Meep, followed tips some others gave, and feel that I would be the type of person who as staff would log on, greet the population, then get to modreqs.
    People seem to want me to be helper. Today in chat @gabe_strikes_ put in shout #bookreaderforhelper2014 and besides him, others have been encouraging and helpful. To those who believe in me, this is a formal thank you.

Weaknesses: Hm. I recieved one temp-ban (three hours) in my whole meep career, for language. That was back in my "Parkour only and be a noob" days of meep, when I not only stayed in parkour the whole time, but didn't know what god armor, grinders, towns, plugins, cg, or much else was. Now that I think about it, those were some peaceful MineCraft times for me. I have outgrown language in chat now, though. My only other weakness is that I occasionally put my two cents into discussions or arguments (normally stuff like "Do what you want, don't argue" but sometimes I get involved.) I can stop that easily too. The stuff I do a lot (wild) wont be a pain because for /modreqs I can help then do /back. Thats about my only weakness.

Conclusion: Overall, I have the will to help, and want to not only become a better person on here, but have some of that "caring, friendship and healthy lifestyle" rub off on my real life personality. Maybe I won't always be so nervous all the time and might even talk to people instead of just making small talk or avoiding others altogether. I hope that you people seriously consider me as a viable staff member, and I thank you for your time.

TimtheFireLord likes this.
  2. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Skype and teamspeak are required for helper.
    I'm sorry but -1, this will be
    auto-denied.

Cascade1324 likes this.
  3. Klitch

Klitch

^

Cascade1324 and Bob4444444 like this.
  4. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

Good App,
    No TS auto denied, srry.

Cascade1324 likes this.
  5. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

What they said...

Bob4444444 likes this.
  6. bookreader01

both or just teamspeak? btw I won't have access to a computer for the next 12 hours and am on mobile
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2014 ---
    Guys can you rate the app itself rn I don't have computer access to get ts or Skype and am on my glitchy iPodiPod

Bob4444444 likes this.
  7. Bob4444444

You need both

8. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

I think you have potential. Get Skype and Team speak.

gabe_strikes_ likes this.
  9. bookreader01

OK I MADE SKYPE- @very_concerned_ citizen
    can't make ts yet, why spend $5 on mobile when it's free on computer?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 5, 2014 ---
    ^
    @martinq17 @Bob4444444 @Cascade1324 @Cokeballs3

10. Bob4444444

I would get it on both, especially if you want staff, it is very convenient sometimes.

11. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

Age?

You're supposed to get Teamspeak for a staff position. It looks like you've gotten a Skype though. You don't have to pay the money to get TS for your phone. Having it on the computer only is fine. Teamspeak is something that staff use to communicate, and it's pretty useful.

Edit: Also, a poll... :/

12. Highlanders3Ruth

Highlanders3Ruth Popular Meeper

You need both Skype and TeamSpeak, if you don't have one it's denied.

13. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

I see a lot of potential in you but you really need to get team speak and get active on it! Plus you shouldn't add a poll...-1 for now. Good luck though!!

14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

-1 for the obvious: No TS.
    If you need help with it, feel free to PM me or any other staff member.

GingerManOWNS likes this.
  15. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

+/-0 (excluding the auto-deny reasons stated above again and again)
    +'s
    -Good app
    -Active
    -I actually do see you helping people
    -Has pretty good grammar
    -Looks like you may have potential

-'s
    -I haven't seen you much before the past week (though many helpers I have not seen before they became so)
    -Said "that's about my only weakness" and "My only other weakness", though previously stated two others (granted, they don't apply anymore), and you stated earlier that you got nervous around people. As helper, you would be dealing with people a lot more.
    -I feel your app doesn't have much strength to it - it is pretty generic. (e.g. I want to help, I don't have many weaknesses, etc)

- In a summary of your app: Please note: none is meant to be offensive, I am just summarizing how my brain processed and condensed the information given.
    Intro: (Good intro)
    *Meepcraft has influenced me, in game and out, to live a better lifestyle.
    Body: (not too many WHYs you should be helper)
    *I want to help others so I can feel better about myself
    *I tried really hard, help people a lot already, donated to the server (indirectly), and feel I would be good in a staff position.
    *People like me.
    Weaknesses: (I'm pretty sure that everyone has more weaknesses than that)
    *I used to be immature and a noob, but now I'm not
    *The only problem that could ever arise is putting my "two cents" into a conversation or argument
    *I like to dig
    Conclusion: (A good summary)
    *I think i'd make a good staff member, which would benefit both Meepcraft and myself.

16. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

Denied until you can get a teamspeak account.

GingerManOWNS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.