1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Bluag's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Bluag, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluag

Bluag New Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): Bluag
    Date/Time: 5/4/2014 | approx. 11:30 Pacific Time
    Reason: Mouse macro
    Ban Length: Unsure, Screen said "This ban is: Appeal"
    Staff Member: Oroperion

Why I hope you will consider my appeal:

While in hindsight I realize it would obviously be illegal, at the time I used the macro I was not aware that it was explicitly against the rules of Meepcraft. I find Meepcraft to be a wonderful and enjoyable place, and would wish to come back. If you allow me back on the server I will always ask before attempting something I think is of questionable legality.

Hoping to hear back from you soon,

-Bluag
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2014, Original Post Date: May 5, 2014 ---
    While I still understand the basic reason for which I have been banned, and while I am not about to dispute the ban's legitimacy, I have not found a place in the rules which states that keybinds/macros are illegal (having just re-read them). I would agree that it is an unfair advantage, which could possibly fall under "Using any glitch that gives you an unfair advantage and/or being warped somewhere that requires you to use a glitch."

Nonetheless, I feel that such a broad area of ban possibilities as keybinds and macros should be listed under section 4 of the general rules. While I understand I have no real standing on the server or site, I hope you will take this suggestion into consideration, as I believe it would benefit the server and the people who use it.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    Qaztar likes this.
  2. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

4. Hacking/Cheating
    The use of any hack, modification, glitch, or texture pack to give yourself an unfair advantage falls under this category. Suspicion of use of a hacked client is reason enough to ban. The things that violate this rule are but not limited to:
    • A modified Minecraft Client
    If you are unsure about a certain modification, ask a staff member before proceeding. Disclosing any information to another player about how to hack/cheat is also considered illegal as well as speaking about hacking/duping casually as if it's okay.

You had the full opportunity to ask a helper+ if your actions were allowable on this server, why didn't you?

3. Bluag

Bluag New Meeper

I understand I had that opportunity, although at the time it did not come to mind. I will not attempt to justify my actions; I was stupid and irresponsible. All I can do is apologize in the hopes of returning.

4. shains

shains never stop fighting

Hi bluag,

Thank you for your honesty. For now, this is denied, but consider appealing in 2 weeks to a month.

Shain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.