1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bloodyghost was killed by FamousZAmos using Blade of Justice

Discussion in 'Denied' started by FamousZAmos, Sep 27, 2017.

?

Good death messages?

1. Player was cleaved in half by Player 2

37.5%
  2. Player's skull was crushed by Player 2 using Weapon

50.0%
  3. Player splattered when they hit the ground.

12.5%
  4. Player was slain by Player 2 using Weapon

50.0%
  5. Player was beheaded by Player 2 using Weapon

12.5%
  6. Player was cracked open by Player 2 using Weapon

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

It's a brutal fight. Both combatants are wiping sweat and mud from their eyes as they glower at one another. Bloodyghost rushes ZAmos, lowering his weapon and aiming it directly at ZAmos's throat. ZAmos turns, and with lightning-fast reflexes blocks Bloodyghost's weapon, dealing a fatal blow with his axe as he does so. [Bloodyghost has been killed by ZAmos using "Valkyrie's Penance"

Except this can't happen. The occasional wild fight or town arena brawl are always anticlimatically ended with a splatter of items. No glorious global death message!? I'm proposing the techs to re-enable death messages in global, or at the very least /w, as I think the few pvp battles would be more exciting and ultimately more rewarding.

I thought about why this would be disabled, and in old meep it makes sense, spamming chat with death messages, (and I'm sure innapropriate sword names XD) wouldn't be good, and I get that, spam is annoying, but I think meep should re-enable them as it improves the pvp experience and makes a great platform for drama/roleplay/bragging/whatever the hell you want.
    This would require minimal effort I believe, but I'm not entirely sure.

Another extraordinarily underrated idea would be custom death messages. Meep's audience is mostly old enough to hear the occasionaly "FamousZAmos's legbones punctured his lungs" or "Bloodyghosts' innards became outards" or "Bloodyghost was cleaved in two by ZAmos using "Excalibur" this is obviously a low-priority idea, but maybe a good one for the community, with such ideas as "Everyone submit good death message ideas" already springing into your minds I'm sure.

@LordInateur is going to be a legend, with the way he handles suggestions such as these.

SpongeyStar and EatSomeCheezCake like this.
  2. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

1. I like the idea of death messages appearing, but there should be a way to avoid spamming of death messages, or at the least a test period to see if death messages can cause spam.

2. Inappropriate weapon names may appear, but it would just result in player bans, especially if the rules were updated with something about weapon names.

3. I like the idea of custom death messages, but they should probably be toned down. I'd rather avoid gore in death messages and instead and go more for humor.

cooey likes this.
  3. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I think this should just say what type of weapon it was, such as 'Diamond sword' or 'Diamond Axe' or 'fist' idk

as to custom texts, I think more humorous would be better, because we have smol peeps play here and I think if some family member and saw 'Player was knocked stone cold dead with bloody dripping from their weapon by Player 2' Just a little too much, one I would find funny is (Brace yourself)

'This (player) m8 got absolutelii r3kttt by this pvp gawd (Player 2)'

TheTastyNacho likes this.
  4. minepose98

minepose98 Celebrity Meeper

I agree, but there aren't many smol people here who couldn't handle it

junelawnchaired likes this.
  5. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

This might be cool, and if you have a certain rank then you can unlock cooler phrases maybe? With colors and stuff yakno

SuperDyl and Kling like this.
  6. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Very true, Personally I wouldn't see an issue other than the fact that there are children who play here, such as my younger sister, but besides, having a wild af death text should correspond to how chat is overlayed, so a peaceful chat with a gory death message wouldn't really sync.

I like that idea, maybe a command such as idk /deathtxt (I'm bad with cmds) but it comes up with something similar to /ec with toggle-able packs, and there is an option to choose a message each for fall death, burn death, mob kill death, drown death and pvp deaths

7. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Ya that or I was thinking like it was random so each time it's a fun suprise that other Normie Citizens don't get to experience first hand heuheuheuhueheu

8. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

This ^

SuperDyl likes this.
  9. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Pay-to-unlock basic features is exactly why the eukaryotic was created smh can keep stop trying to make money and let us play the game? I know it's expensive to run, but basic features should be free. I support the custom colours tho. @Vexmae I know the messages were too gory, those are from another server (it has literally no rules so...)
    I do strongly think it should display weapon names tho for added glory and bragging and stuff though, and your right, im sure most of the mods would punish inappropriately naming items. Maybe we should do a test phase of this to see how it goes?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 29, 2017 ---
    Eula* on my phone at the beach so autocorrect

10. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

If we stop trying to make money there is not going to be a game. Ranks need more perks and fun little ones like this are really good insentives for people to donate

SuperDyl likes this.
  11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

As a player nothing annoyed me more than useless spam in global, flooding away relevant information I was looking for.

The issue of having inappropriate names isn't just about banning those players either because it will further remove more players from the server - Which is something it desperately does not need.

The ideal solution would be an opt-in chat channel to display these messages tied in with the existing language filter to remove any possibility of inappropriate names.

Math_Pro and SuperDyl like this.
  12. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Honestly I think that world-wide death messages should be limited to Skyblock (essentially super-survival) and KitPVP (obviously intended for pvp players). While global death messages might not be a nuisance at this point in time given the current player base, I don't believe that it would be a proper use of our time and resources to implement this on a global scale, only to remove it if and when the player count goes back up due to spamminess.

In the future, we might consider improving KitPVP messages (after fixing KitPVP) or modifying Skyblock death messages (that will be up to those in charge of Skyblock), but the development team will not be adding global or additional per-world death messages at this point in time.

Thank you for making the suggestion, though; I'll consider reaching out to you if we need some imaginative messages for something like KitPVP :)

SuperDyl, qazini and iKitten like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.