1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Black History Month

Discussion in 'Debates' started by cooey, Feb 26, 2018.

1. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

If I didn't have to hear about it 24/7 it wouldn't be a big deal (if you're religious it WOULD very likely be offensive)
    do Germans have a Jewish pride month? No, Germans aren't fools who try to please everyone. Germans just live their lives ignoring the past since it's unfixable.

If you don't get where I'm going with all this; he

We shouldn't need pride months to prove we aren't racist. We would need to ignore race as a concept to eradicate "racist acts" but it is unfortunately built into us to distrust those not like us.
    ah yes my absolute favorite example of liberal hypocrisy; "You're a white southerner you must be racist!!!!!"

Get over yourself. I don't want a Month, neither does Morgan freeman. It's a waste of time and money. It's like Mardi Gras; it doesn't serve a real purpose it just exists in case you want to partake in it. Problem is ignoring it makes me "racist".

If ignoring race makes me racist, I admit I'm racist and proud to be.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 4, 2018 ---
    Musta missed the "humility honors". damn, good scholarship money there

smk likes this.
  2. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

correlation = causation trust me I’ve seen it

i don’t exist inside the political spectrum as a party, i pick pros from every side

and I will proudly say I’m an honors student any day, if you know me I work hard only to brag lmao. nothing wrong with that, no?

3. FamousZAmos

Being a **** and having friends and family who like you have direct inverse correlation.
    can you, in simple terms for dumb people like me, explain why you want a black history month and not others? I clearly don't match your unbelievable intellect so enlighten me.

I believe it's a dumb idea because giving special favors to any particular race is just as bad as doing bad things to a particular race.

I'm curious what your basic idea is, by all means tell me, since attacking one another is not making progress

smk likes this.
  4. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Again, no one owned the American soil when settlers came here. They were just here. Settlers came over, fought them & won. Settlers gave the “natives” so many benefits & still do. My cousins friend gets a HUGE check every year because hes descended from the “natives”. We actually helped them & made this land the prosperous land it is today. And yes, that is why I’m fine with a black history month because black people did indeed help build the country via manual labor.

I don’t need to be black to know the facts.

5. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

i wasn’t implying that I personally wanted the month, I was implying just to not care about it, since they feel like they’re entitled to a month because of what they went through let them have it. not once did I say I wanted the month, just if one race has something dont feel like you should too.

edit: wanting the month /=/ supporting why they should have it. if you haven’t noticed, black history month isn’t the most official thing in the world. it’s like national pizza day, some people care, some don’t. i can assure you most black people dont care for it, lmao

lol, you said you’re dumb yourself, not me.

i might’ve seemed like i was a pro black history month speaker or some shit , but personally I couldn’t stand to see cooey compare what germans went through with africans in america. be honest with yourself, you can’t compare it

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

We conquered. A completely different concept. Stolen implies ownership is still with the original person. Conquer means we've taken it and it's ours now.

Many people conquered and many people were conquered. That was the way of the world up until just recently.

Eh, it was also clearly owned by someone else.

Because out of the last 2000 years of history, white people ended up being the ones on top, relatively speaking. We still enjoy some perks from that, that seems enough without having to moan about not getting a month.

smk likes this.
  7. FamousZAmos

:thinking:
    We aren't white people we're Americans. Like it or not, not all Americans are white (many are black) and they helped us get here. I believe Celebrating just blacks or just whites isn't right; if we continue to separate ourselves we'll continue to be separate. Should we have an America month? No that's retarded; people need to stop having excuses to make up new holidays.

As for what @nhdead said; I guess I feel like it's a waste of time and money.

@nhdead i sincerely hope you aren't debating just to "nock me down a peg". That's beyond childish: the debates forum is for explaining, sharing, and debating ideas - NEVER for cheap insults or needless aggression. I may need to wisen up, but you, my friend, need to grow up.

8. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Sorry I kinda missed out on this party, so I'm only gonna reply to the posts concerning me.

This was very confusing as my original post, sorry, but let me restate my position. I do not think there should be any month. I'm not asking for a white people month, or a straight people month.

rac·ism
    ˈrāˌsizəm/
    noun
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    I don't like that much either.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

I’ve skimmed by a few posts & yours happens to be a few of them. I gather that you find it racist that other races don’t have a “month”, to celebrate their race?

I think black history month is significant because of the hardship African-Americans went through while working hard manual labor in America to help build it up the country. Yes, whites had a positive impact on the country too & I’m proud of that. But, the difference is, Whites had a positive impact on the country because they wanted to, blacks had a positive impact on the country because they were forced to.

10. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

I'm posing the question. It's not necessarily I think that, it's for the sake of having a debate. Whilst I don't find it racist, I don't see the need for a black history month.

So that validates the need for a month? Should all the blacks who voluntarily helped the country be forgotten?

FamousZAmos likes this.
  11. Blue_Marlin

Oh okay & no, the ones who helped whether it be forcefully helped or willingly should be recognized. But we are still so close to the segregation days, many people alive today lived in the era. People like Rosa parks who had to fight just for a nice seat on a bus, going to dirty schools if they were allowed in school. It’s a month to remember the nonsense they were put through.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Deinen likes this.
  12. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

you wouldn't know the slightest bit about maturity lmao, if you're mature why would you bring sarcasm into a debate

if anything im being brutally honest with you and you're taking it seriously :'( once again, i suggest you know how i talk before you try to debate with me, because if anyone knows me on this server they know damn well im going to be adamant with my words, especially on this forum

i feel like you're a waste

debates aren't supposed to display needless aggression but on this minecraft forum i could care less, i don't have to be professional at all

stupid hurts

don't hurt yourself

13. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

woah respond to me too

14. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

cooey boy no one is saying that black people are superior.

black history month isn't antagonizing other races, its simply recognizing one's race and it's accomplishments

15. FamousZAmos

Ah yes the good old "belittle the platform when you can't make a decent point"

you say I should be mature, I'm reacting to you the way you're acting. If that makes me sound like an egotistical autist who's in 8th grade, you may need to take a long, hard look at yourself.

J055Y_ and Blue_Marlin like this.
  16. Blue_Marlin

Okay little ones. Debate about black history month or make a new thread about who’s stupider than who :D

alex77034 and FamousZAmos like this.
  17. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

you took one sentence, ignored everything else I said, and responded. have the heart to say I can’t make a good point? do you hear yourself

your points are quite vague honestly, stop feeling so full of yourself, you’re nobody.

since you say you’re mature enough, why are you so bothered by me? take the high road mature guy, and stop responding to me, i wanna go inactive again

18. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

stay on topic, thanks.

19. Blue_Marlin

@FamousZAmos has said a lot of things & smart things at that. I may disagree with Famous on this one thing but he is fairly well educated & has a strong opinion & stance on things. Instead of pinpointing out everything about each other, how about have a productive debate. I was apart of the Trump thread for a long while & Said somethings that I go back & reread & think to myself “Did I really say that?” Or “You could have worded that better”. Never resort to name calling, it never ends well. Instead, if you don’t want to debate anymore, just stop debating? Also, to say Famous is “nobody”, you’re a nobody too, no one knows who you are on Meep anymore than they know Famous or me or anyone else.

Anyway, Black people suffered badly & were forced to help build America up. I’m against giving college funds to people based on race, I’m against any type of benefit simply because of your race/ status. But what would be the point in ending black history month? Does it hurt you that we have a black history month? It’s just simply a month of black history & rememberance.

On another note, could you imagine the hate the guy who attempts to end black history month would get, just for attempting?

FamousZAmos and smk like this.
  20. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

im going to restate this because I don’t think you guys read what im saying, and why I’m still even responding to you guys in the first place

sarcasm (the way he initially responded to me) is not acting educated whatsoever. if you’re going to debate, never joke around when trying to prove a point. with that alone, you should take yourself out of the debate section, because you’re acting immature.

two wrongs do not make a right, and I approached this thread in a uhm... old nhjed like manner but at the end of the day, this individual can’t debate like an adult with that type of false humor, fake logic. why do you think school policies disallow that? this forum is used to educate each other.