1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

bathroom policy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Piper N, Mar 4, 2017.

?

how should transgenders be treated/ bathroom policy

1. how you self identify

52.8%
  2. your given gender

47.2%
  1. Piper N

Piper N Meeper

hmmm, you make a good point but some peoples opinions differ, how do you feel about gender neutral restrooms?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. jadenPete

jadenPete Code Writer & Meme Trader

No i'm not transphobic or homophobic. I just don't understand why transgenders need to go into the "identified" bathroom.

3. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

God why are you so pandering.
    Every one of your posts is like "Thats a valid opinion, but are you a racist". Like, you gotta either say why you think what someone said is racist so they can either point out why they aren't racist, or understand the reasoning behind why you think there a racist.
    That being said, at least you're no longer like-fishing.

Natsu and Muunkee like this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Why would you junp from differung opinions to someone being transphobic?
    Jumping to conclusions that quick isnt such a good idea in some places

5. Erebus45

Erebus45 Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]
    How would you feel if he walked into a women's room?

Pmx728 likes this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Have you seen him???? Id be quite happy

7. WeAreNumberUno

I wouldn't care or say anything but if someone else felt threatened would it really be wrong?

8. Erebus45

He was born a female. He shouldn't be forced to go into a female restroom.

Pmx728 likes this.
  9. WeAreNumberUno

Oh, I couldn't tell. I guess that kinda dismantles any type of argument I was going to make. GG.

10. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I don't think it would really matter, but wouldn't it be easier to use the women's restroom so it was guaranteed to have a stall he could use?

jadenPete likes this.
  11. Erebus45

He would definitely be harassed if he walked into a women's restroom. People would think he is just some perv trying to spy on women.

12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I don't think that would be the case due to how blown up this topic is from the media. While people may be uncomfortable, I don't think it would be often someone mentions it

13. Piper N

Piper N Meeper

why are you always going after me?

14. Wishingsstar

Wishingsstar Popular Meeper

I dont really think that rapists care about the sign on the bathroom door.. I think people that are trans should be able to go in the bathroom they desire.

^^^ this is accurate

kwagscraft, Erebus45 and Pmx728 like this.
  15. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I'm saying you shouldn't be able to "self identify" as a female, when you are clearly male and use the female restroom. SO, me a male and looking like a male should not be able to walk right into the female restroom because I "self identify" as a female. It doesn't work like that.

16. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

But you look like a female

17. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Perhaps people should use some self judgment and each case should be treated differently. When it comes to whichever bathroom someone should use, this question should be asked: Will going into this bathroom make people uncomfortable. This solves the question of which bathroom people should go in by looking directly at how others view the situation.

It's not perfect, but it's a much better rule than self-identify/given gender.

kwagscraft and Erebus45 like this.
  18. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

This raises the question: Is the opinion/preference of one individual (the person in question) more important than a community's (A group that would be uncomfortable/against bathroom choice) preference?

Also, to add on, do you mean that it depends on the people in the bathroom at the time? The people you encounter and their views could depend on so many things, so how does your example function? People of different ages, from different places, and of different views all use the same bathrooms.

19. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

It is not easy to make laws based on something that is not concrete because it gives rise to loopholes. The easiest and most practical way to define who uses what bathroom is your genitalia at birth and a clause can be added in stating if a successful sex change operation has taken place, they should use the bathroom of the sex they switched to.

A case rose in Alaska where a male running, who simply identified as a female, won the girls all state track competition. He underwent no hormone therapy or sex change operation, making him for all intents and purposes, a male. They had to allow it because they adopted the more liberal idea of gender fluidity, thus, ruining those girls chances at winning. This is an example of what makes it so hard to make rules about something that can be readily switched.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 14, 2017 ---
    question is answered already. Many forms of hate speech are protected by the 1st amendment.

20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

This sentiment is the reason why I adamantly despise the far-left ideologies and cultures. Someone was engaging you in a mature discussion without throwing low-punches or insulting the topic. While minor incidents like this isn't a big deal, the people from the line of thinking you've shown seems to be just as great of threat, if not greater, to my freedoms than the current administration.

The very notion of trying to legislate how people urinate and deficate is asinine and obnoxious. The very notion that this much time has been taken up in the public discourse is worrying. Life should not be catered to everyone's personal needs and issues, it should just equally suck for everyone, which is why the perfect solution is just unisex bathrooms where the answer to someone's problem with it is "Shut up and don't use the bathroom them".

Well in the scenario you've outlined you would just be a weirdo jerk then. The reason is because we, as a nation, do not have an issue with people pretending to be another gender to use another gender's bathroom. We also, nationally, do not have an issue with people going into opposite gender's bathrooms to rape or assault anyone, as has been claimed. Why would we try to legislature on the basis of could, because using that logic we would need to legislate for a myriad of things that could happen, which is limitless.

SX1, BlackJack, Erebus45 and 5 others like this.