1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

bathroom policy

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Piper N, Mar 4, 2017.

?

how should transgenders be treated/ bathroom policy

1. how you self identify

52.8%
  2. your given gender

47.2%
  1. Piper N

Piper N Meeper

the title says it all...

upload_2017-3-4_16-59-38.png

2. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

If you're actually transgender you'll be able to lose the bathroom you want and no one will bat an eye. Even if you go into the bathroom of the opposite gender no one cares. I've used the girl's bathroom a number of times.

3. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

I honestly don't care who's crapping in the stall next to me. That being said I think it could be an issue if you let anyone who just says they are a blibberblabberbloo go into any bathroom they want.

EDIT: we need a bathroom for every gender.

all 36.

Piper N likes this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

People on the internet can say how awful they'd feel or whatever if the "wrong gender" went into their bathroom when seriously I've seen girls go in the men's and visa versa especially when one or the other was just too bloody filthy

On the internet people care, in reality, no one gives a crap.

5. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

Bathroom drama is just an evil republican ploy to get public support for bills that explicitly take away the legal protections for transgender people

ldaffodil, Piper N and Erebus45 like this.
  6. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

No one cares

ldaffodil likes this.
  7. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I wouldn't say "Republican", However i feel it makes it an easier target for men & women to rape people. Note: I am not saying all LQBTQ people are rapist!!! I'm saying it makes it easier for it to happen. We have male bathrooms and we have female bathrooms, for a reason. If you go under a sex change and you look like the opposite sex then so be it, but if you straight up look like a dude then use the mens bathroom and same for the women.

8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Debunking Bathroom Myths | The Huffington Post
    NDO: Non-discrimination Ordinance

" When sexual predators do commit sexual assault in bathrooms, they don’t need to pretend to be transgender and exploit NDOs to do so. People commit also acts of voyeurism with our without NDOs in place, and don’t need to pretend to be transgender to do so either."

"Experts on crime, like the police, state over and over again that NDOs do not result in an increase in sexual assault or rape. Spokesmen for police departments in Iowa, Hawaii, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Texas have all gone on record stating that NDOs do not result in an increase in the number of reported rapes or sexual assaults in their jurisdictions. In fact, 17 states and 200 cities have such NDOs in place, and have not had an increase in sexual assault."

"When looking at this statistically, it is pretty easy to understand why this is true statistically. Over the 35 year history of NDOs protecting transgender people all over the world, only one case of a person abusing an NDO and committing sexual assault (in Canada) has ever been found, even by those most interested in demonizing transgender people."

Stats show assaults don't happen in bathrooms

"
    But professionals who work with child sex abuse victims say if history is any guide, the odds of something happening in a bathroom are slim.

"I think there is an assumption that by separating genders that we are somehow keeping kids safe," said Andrew Oliver, the director of Pat's Place.

Over the last two years at least 850 children were interviewed, and the number of transgender bathroom assaults was zero.

Oliver says there are bathroom sexual assaults, but almost all of them occur between children who are about the same age and who know each other."

Sexual assault in a bathroom is already unlikely to happen, and a male who wants to rape a woman is not going to be stopped by a "women only" sign on the bathroom anyways. Nor will it be made "easier" if he put on a dress and some lipstick ._.

Cherrykit, Piper N, Pmx728 and 2 others like this.
  9. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I, a male can walk into a bathroom and as long as i say "i self identify as a woman" i can walk into the female restroom. Even if i look exactly like a man. This is fact, i have seen it for my own eyes. I know a man or woman is not going to "not rape someone" over the female or male sign outside the door, but allowing them in would just make it easier. I just dont believe men should be allowed in the female restroom. I would not feel comfortable sending my 8 year old daughter (or daughter in general) and or wife in the restroom alone if i knew a guy was in their. idc what stats show, i wouldn't feel comfortable. Stats show you have more of a chance of dying in a car crash then on an airplane but many people are scared to fly because they dont feel safe. I view it the same.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Draqq likes this.
  10. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Easy answer: [​IMG]

gender neutral bathrooms all around

11. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

Personally, I do not care. Yes, there is going to be sexual predators in there sometimes, but as long as no one makes a big deal out of it, we'll have a good time.

Of course, that won't happen because people sometimes just want to watch the world burn.

12. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

If trans can go in any bathroom, I guess ill become trans ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Yes this is a joke and yes it seems creepy but yes it is a joke)

KyloMeep, Natsu and Toostenheimer like this.
  13. x_bigheart_x

x_bigheart_x Celebrity Meeper

as a trans person i just want to say
    i literally just want to go to the bathroom
    nothing more, nothing less

14. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

The solution is simple - Make all bathrooms unisex and the problem is solved.

15. hardegat

hardegat Celebrity Meeper

People should just go in the bushes and behind trees again, I miss the old days

ldaffodil likes this.
  16. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

As most public bathrooms are set up differently for each gender in mind, then bathrooms should be separate. If booths are used more, then it doesn't matter who uses which bathroom, but usually, the bathrooms are just built with specific genders in mind. Also, good luck with a unisex bathroom, since it would be either extremely awkward or require booths for every unit.

17. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

And I know some guys who will never stop using urinals, even if it's a #2
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 6, 2017 ---
    No you fool we need one for all of the "millions of genders"

18. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Okay.....that's nice to know.

I guess...

19. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

lol

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  20. jadenPete

jadenPete Code Writer & Meme Trader

Bathrooms aren't for what you "identify as," they are for what genitals you have. That's why the men's bathroom has urinals.

Ranger0203 and KyloMeep like this.