1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Bass_flow moderator app

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by bass_flow, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

I can't say much about you, but I feel your immaturity really showed through in your replies.
    I don't believe someone who can't take criticism should be a Mod. There will be people who will dislike you, you have to be able to deal with that.

Flamedemond likes this.
  2. Flamedemond

Flamedemond Celebrity Meeper

You don't help enough ingame from what I've seen.

3. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

I have fun on the server, yet I always try and use correct grammar.

-1 I think you are slightly too immature at the moment. Also, try to use good grammar. People come across as far more mature when they use correct grammar. For example, you never capitalise your "I" in game or on the forums (Apart from this app).

bass_flow and kevman967 like this.
  4. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

Please keep responses as unbiased as possible, and give either a +/- 1, the 9's are a tad extreme.
    Also keep conversation on the thread to a minimum, and ensure your posts are solely your vote, and nothing else. I am sure I warned you of further forum infractions given your very recent unban.

Bass_Flow From my experience with you, you are kind, and very dedicated to your work when online. In a moderator I look for willingness to give as much time as is necessary to the server (Of the time you are able to be online), which I observed you doing whilst in my former staff role. Good luck in your application.

TheNinjaOrange25 and bass_flow like this.
  5. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Bass,

Oh what to say. Before reading this app and seeing some of your responses, I would have been a 0. As staff, you are criticized ALOT. You have to take it better than this. Criticism is 90% of what we deal with in a day. Patience is key. Not everything can be done as fast as we would like. Especially being a Mod. You have a few added duties. Such as Centrum monitoring, this sometimes take waiting (patience). You aren't in shout a lot that I see. I feel that you are only social in /msg for the most part and kinda stay to yourself. Everyone has stuff to learn. Nobody is EVER done learning. Im not going to call you immature, because I see a lot of instances where you handle serious situations well, BUT when it comes to people being straight out hateful or non-constructively criticizing you, you have to let it go and accept what they are telling you. If you have doubts about it, ask someone you trust or look up to "Hey, am I really lacking in this area?" or something. We cant just lash out with such things as "Im disappointed to hear that" and whatnot. Other than these things I have already mentioned, I would suggest that you take advice such as "mingle with the people" in /shout more. I admit, im not the greatest at this either, it is tough when you find yourself constantly busy with staff work. Just every once in a while, say something to make yourself known, or when someone says hi in /shout, say hi back or something. Just something to help people notice that you are on. I think that is part of the problem with your "activity" is that nobody realizes you are on because they miss the few posts that you do. Instead of giving you a +/- 1, I will just leave it at that. Good luck.

6. bass_flow

bass_flow Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for this it does help alot and i will try as hard as possible to get everything right

DevilSpawn112 likes this.
  7. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Bass; I've read every response on this application since you started it, and some things I agree with and other things I don't. I rarely post on Moderator applications, but there are a few things that made me want to post.

First of all, I see you online quite often. You do tons of modreqs, from what I've personally seen whilst online myself, which is great. We seem to acrually get on at the same time quite often; I normally see you on Skype and ing-game when im on, depending on when I go on.

Like many people already mentioned, you dont really shout all that much. While I don't either, I'd still like to see you join in the conversation at least ever so often. Doing this allows the community members to see how friendly and helpful you really are.

Again, although this has already been mentioned several times, you really need to work on taking criticism well. I haven'tbeen a Helper for all that long and I've already been cricriticized few times. I need to see you take the criticism with more dignity and less lashing out.

The last thing that has already been criticized here that I wanted to mention was your grammar. I'm really a stickler for grammar; and although you aren't atrocious, it irks me. Its just so much more professional to use proper spelling and grammarr. Its also not as hard as you'd think; I've seen a close friend of mine go from having worse grammar than you to having better grammar than me sometimes.

The last thing I wanted to mention to you was your forum posts. I'm not going to say you are inactive here; you have great activity. You just dont always contribute to the conversation, which is something that bothers me.

All in all, I'm a -.5 right now because I dont really think I feel comfortable with you being promoted at the present time. Good luck, though :)

8. Kingjackson

Kingjackson Popular Meeper

I'm pretty disappointed in this one. I mean I truly thought you would do a little better then this. For now it's
    gonna be a -1. But keep trying!

bass_flow likes this.
  9. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

-0.5, I know we are in different timezones, I understand that, but you don't seem as helpful as you should be. I like you, you are nice. You are fairly mature too. I think you should just wait a little while more. Then try again.

EDIT: I'm changing this to a full -1. The ways you have handled replies to this app show that you are immature. You are trying to convince people that you are on and that it is the time zones. It may be to a certain extent but not the whole thing.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    bass_flow and Mainkreke like this.
  10. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

+1, you helped me as best as you could when i modreq'd you today.

11. Sjoeppappentrap

Sjoeppappentrap Sjoeppappentrap Elder

+o.5 based on what I heard and experienced with you.

Grandblue and bass_flow like this.
  12. Akiratohiama

Akiratohiama Celebrity Meeper

Bass, I love you and all, but this is my vote and why.
    Not only do I like you, but since early October you have been begging me almost every day for your rank, or giving you meebles instead of your rank. You find every possible way to get your rank, and when you say you will stop, you never do. You take it to the next level, and annoy me. Though you did apologize, it got pretty annoying, and anything I asked you, you asked about your rank or money. That annoyed me.
    On one thread that asked "What makes a good Mod?", someone said spelling and grammar, it makes it easy to understand them then. You asked why, and almost got into a fight.
    You are way to immature, yes I do like you, but you are too immature, and somewhat annoying.
    If I had to give you a vote just based on this, it would be a -1.
    Your app on the other hand, is... short.
    And personal experiences? It seems you don't take your moderating position very seriously, in short, I never see you helping.

TL;DR: -1 - Immature, doesn't help very often.

bass_flow and SSSoul like this.
  13. bass_flow

My comments in reply to some of your comments were wrong and I understand that. I'm just glad I got comments on this. :)

14. Stone_Hawkeye

Stone_Hawkeye Active Meeper

+1
    Active in-game and in forums
    Very friendly
    Helpful
    Just +1
    You should get mod. Good luck!

bass_flow and Grandblue like this.
  15. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Bias
    Creep
    Staph
    No
    No
    Nonononononononnoonon
    I don't even know how you got staff.
    I've never seen you help in game...ever.
    You're active on the forums but due to your horrid like/post ratio you probably just come on to spam.

16. UMADBRO?

UMADBRO? Well-Known Meeper

Haven't seen you In game.
    Seen you in forums.

In game is the most important thing

Now it is -2!

A'threns Say bye!

17. bass_flow

Whats your timezone?

18. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

I think you definitely deserve this! You have been very helpful to me and other players. You are very active in all aspects of the game. Good luck!

bass_flow likes this.
  19. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

Really? You're also liking all your +1's and none of your -1's.

XxNine_TailsxX and Lysseal like this.
  20. Klitch

Klitch

+.5 Active on forums. You're app was good. -.5 I don't see you ig so I have no way of telling if you are active in /shout. Good luck! :)

bass_flow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.