1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Basketcaisse21's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Basketcaisse21, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basketcaisse21

Basketcaisse21 Well-Known Meeper

In Game Name: Basketcaisse21

Skype Username: emiljimenez0945

Teamspeak Username: Basketcaisse21

Mic use: Always

Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Hours online per weekday: 3-5 hours depending if I am working or not.

Hours online per weekend: Approximately 12 hours

Position Changes: Exclusive to Helper

Introduction:
    Hello fellow MineCrafters, I would like to formally introduce myself as Basketcaisse21. I have been playing this server for about 2 ½ month. On the server I own a successful town, which is called “Baskopolis”. I also own a Island in the skyblock where I have been quite successful and blessed to have an all staff island, excluding me. Some activities that I enjoy are gaming, swimming, reading, and chemistry (Perhaps its more of a hobby). I am currently a sophomore in high school. I am involved in a community service project that my friend and I created. It is a peer tutoring program that sends high schoolers in my community to the elementary schools to provide homework help. I also work at Grocery Store called “Market Basket”. I might be known as immature, but I’m really not. I just like to have a good time and be humorous. So please don’t take me as being immature, I am far from that.

Why you should be Helper?
    I strongly believe that I should be a helper on MeepCraft because with our ever expanding community we need to have more staff to take care of modreq’s and player questions. I think I would be qualified to do this because I have a very good understanding of a lot of commands, and I have experience with customer service. Based on my experience with customer service from my job I feel like I am excellent with problem solving. That would make me qualified because of the prior background that I have with assisting people. I also have an excellent background knowledge on some of the major plugins that run on Meepcraft such as HawkEye, Towny, and ReportRTS.

Weaknesses:
    1. I am extremely active on Teamspeak 3, while on the forums not so much, I realize as a Meepcraft staff member it is important to be active on the forums as it is one of the only places you can be seen and be heard by everyone. I will work harder on becoming active on the forums
    2. I can sometimes be too sarcastic. This weakness could be detrimental to my staff position because I use sarcasm as a way of humor and I try to make a situation fun even if it isn’t the best. Which can make some people angry because they find it hard to read me.
    Conclusion:
    I have been playing MeepCraft for almost three months now and I feel like I could be a valuable asset to the team. I have already shown my loyalty to the staff with some of the previous contributions that i’ve made, not going into specifics.

Lady_Hestia and Taha like this.
  2. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

The colours are not needed whatsoever.

EDIT: Forum activity is way to low.
    So im changing to a -1

3. Taha

Taha Well-Known Meeper

Basket,
    I've known you since the day you joined Meepcraft and every experience I've had with you was awesome. You have been kinda immature on Teamspeak but rarely in the past 2 weeks. Words cannot describe your experience with commands and rules. You know like everything. Im going to give you a +1 for Amazing knowledge, know-how with handling players (Customer Service) and your ability to be such an upbeat person!
    Best of Luck!! :)

BTW- I LOVE the christmas themed colors even though I don't celebrate it. :)

Basketcaisse21 likes this.
  4. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

Hi baskeycaisse21!

my vote on this is a -0.10 your app was great yet short, your forum activity is terrible and i have never seen you helping in shout. But a -0.10 isn't that far from a +1 just work on forum activity and helping people in shout, and you could be a good helper.

5. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Work on forum activity and perhaps we'll get somewhere, it's a -1 from me right now, sorry

6. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

dose colors ahhhh
    um, your one of my best friends on ts, though I feel you'll be one of the, if not the most kind and helpful helpers ever. I feel that you may not be a model staff member though. Or maybe you'll be the first admin that has been banned on ts by onis's wrath.
    forums activity isn't bad ts activity evens it out +
    I have definitely seen you helping around in /shout
    You also have basic knowledge of code if that helps anyones decision on him.
    +.75 from me (I hate voting)

7. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Hey basket, I'm glad to see you applying :)

I'm going to go right ahead and tell you exactly what I think.
    -low forum activity
    -very active on TS
    -very active in game
    -short app
    -as far as I can tell, you dont participate in /shout that much

Forum activity = -1

As a member of the meep staff, you are required to have at least decent forum activity. You unfortunately dont. I would really like to see you work on being more active on the forums, participating in all regions of the forums. I very well know that it is not possible to be on the forums at every given moment but it will be necessary to get your activity up. I'm glad you addressed this in your app.

Teamspeak = +1

You are incredibly active on Teamspeak from what I've seen. Just about every time I am online I see you there to. You are probably one of the most active Teamspeak members out there and I am very impressed with this. Also, I'm glad you dont just listen or stay afk, you frequently talk to others and always try to engage in conversation.

In game activity = +/- 0

Even from what you mentioned in your app you are very active. I would however like you to be more active in /shout as I often see you online but not talking to others in /shout. Becoming more well know to people not only on Teamspeak, but in game one thing that can make your experience that much more fun and enjoyable.

Your app = -1

As far as apps go, yours was under par. Try to stretch out your ideas and really give us a lot to read. It's very hard to create a great app with so little put into it. It also looks like you put little to no effort into making it, and that hurt you. Staff apps are supposed to take time and effort, without either of those it really does reflect negatively on your app.

Overall, its a -1 from me. Once again I cannot stress enough how important these things are. I hope you use this feedback to better yourself because I really do see potential in you. Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  8. NorthernLights17

NorthernLights17 Celebrity Meeper

Forum activity isn't bad?
    Lets be honest the forum activity is bad.
    But can be improved in time.

9. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

i meant if you took into consideration his ts activity. Ts>forums in my mind

10. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Your*
    From a social aspect of it sure, but honestly, the forums are the main center of information inflow and outflow, if you are never active here then really your only sources of information on happenings of the server are other people who ARE active, and some of those people do go to teamspeak. So you can get the information, but the forums are so much more important because they are the greatest vault of information we have

11. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Hi Basket, I see a lot of potential. However, I'm going to have to give you a -1 for these reasons;

• Your in game activity and helpfulness is not that great. We are only 2 hours apart; I've seen you in game, but you don't /shout often and I don't see you helping. Interact with the community in more ways than one; I get that you are really active in TS, but that doesn't excuse not being helpful and friendly in game.
    • Forums activity. I just... I can't even. 13 posts is far from enough. A Helper needs to at least interact with people on all areas of the server. Post more often in Suggestions, Q&A, Report a Bug, and Staff Recruitment. Make sure that your posts are constructive.
    • The application was very short and not very well written. Also, I know that you want to be expressive and unique, but it would be smarter to stick with just plain black when writing your application.
    • The Introduction was not very well done. When reading an Intro, I look for personality traits, likes and dislikes, etc. However, it wasn't that bad.
    • Your Why section was very short and more of a list. Each point should have a paragraph to describe it and how you demonstrate it. Yours was a lot more of a list.
    All in all, I think that you need to become a lot more active in certain areas, as TS is not all that you need; in fact, I see TS as one of the least important requirements. Sure, it can be useful for being social and interacting with people, but in game activity and forums activity are much more important. I believe Qwikin described it best. So yes, I stand at a -1 for now.

StopResetting and Flamedemond2 like this.
  12. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

Before, I pretty much didn't like you - you were extremely immature and annoying.
    But .... I have seen you help in /shout and really try hard to improve yourself. You are very kind, and generous - although your maturity can need improvement sometimes. You are very intelligent but sometimes you can be annoying, but you're still a trustworthy person. Your forum activity, as stated above, is an issue, but otherwise, I'm going to give you a +.8 for interview.
    In my opinion, I believe you can handle the helper position and I would fully trust you to do so. You are a good person with good intentions, and I think you would be beneficial to the community and staff, and the server as a whole. Good luck.

13. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

Hi Basket!

I have talked to you a few times on TS and you are a really nice person. I think you would be a great addition to the staff team. However, you do need to improve your forum activity. I think it is great that you have background knowledge on the essential staff plugins as well.

+.5

14. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

1. The Color is not needed.. this really gives me a headache and looks bad on an App
    2. Your in game activity is VERY poor We are 1 hour apart and i never see you on.
    3. Forum activity is very poor (13 posts)

Flamedemond likes this.
  15. DevilSpawn112

DevilSpawn112 The Sass Master

Hi Basket,
    Although the color was a bit much, I found you "why" section to be pretty good. We need staff to be knowledgeable of commands and to be able to make the job fun. As far as your weakness, I think it can be worked on. My forums activity wasn't awesome when I became staff, but I have worked a great deal on it. I think there is always room for improvement while being staff with this. You TS activity is quite good and you seem to be a helpful person when it comes to other players asking questions. Overall, I don't see why we shouldn't see where an interview gets us.

+1 for interview.

16. ShadowVirus52

ShadowVirus52 Celebrity Meeper

Basket,
    You are an awesome guy. You are very kind and generous. You are active on TS and in game. However, your Forum activity needs improve.
    +1 for interview.

17. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

Sorry, :( Good luck.

18. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

Do not disrespect staff. I guess you've never made a typo.

james_Grimplin likes this.
  19. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.