1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Banned For "language - It Is Not Comparable"

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by PyroGodz, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroGodz

PyroGodz Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): PyroGodz
    Date/Time: 23 April 4:30 AM
    Reason: Language it is not comparable
    Ban Length: 2 Hours
    Staff Member: Shainthewolfman
    Why we should consider your appeal:

Okay, so today I realized how ignorant staff can really be on this server. There was a player that said "Herro" me, being Asian, found that offensive, as it is often used to make fun of Asians accents. I told him I'd report him, and then Shain comes in and tells me it's allowed. Which then brought up the fact, if he can be racist so can I? We we're having a debate on the words "Herro" and "Nigger". I have no problems at all with black people, at all. But Shain decides to ban me for Language?

The person that I was accusing of Racism said he says "Herro" as a slang term.
    What is the word "Nigger"? The word Nigger is an English Slang term originating from the word "Negro" which is a non-offensive word, in which black people were commonly referred to back in the day. I got banned, he didn't even get a kick.

Right now I'm very upset, first this guy is racist to me, and then I end up getting banned, and him without punishment? I think Shain has a problem with Asians, and you need to address that to your staff, they can't be taking racial sides like this, it is very saddening.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2014 ---
    Edited post with format, just wanted to get the bulk of info in.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Khafra and qawsedrf1835 like this.
  2. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Denied. Appeals under 1 day are not even considered. Please wait out your ban. Also, shain banning you was the right call, saying harro is not meant as a derogatory term, however, what you said is considered a derogatory term. If you chose to take what he said in a racist way, then there is nothing I am able to say to make you change that. But what you said is commonly known through out society as a racial slur and that will not be tolerated here on meep.

In any case, it is 2 hours, it's not to hard to wait out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.