1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Ban Appeal.

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Nerf958, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

IGN: nerf958
    Reason: Scamming 700k
    Summary: I scammed a minecraft account giftcode which under the rules is allowed. This pisses me off espically since my money might have been wiped or is going to be wiped for a reason that is not illegal.
    Staff: Slicks.

Unban me now.

KaiUsesThis, scoowby and FatUnicornzz like this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

"MeepCraft does not tolerate selling or buying anything related to MeepCraft in exchange for real currency or irl items. The only exception to this rule is with donation related items, such as ranks.If scammed, MeepCraft and its staff hold no liability and is not required to give a refund."

The section in bold is what is pertinent here. This statement frees Meepcraft from being liable for bad/scamming transactions. Any previous wordings have dealt with specifically they will not moderate these transactions. They never once stated that this is not a bannable offense, which is clearly covered in:

2. Deceiving Another Player
    Any attempt to deceive another player by promising a service or any amount of money and failing to follow through with the deal made (Scamming), sending teleport requests to kill/entrap someone. This includes accepting a teleport request with intentions to kill the player, (Luring), or doing anything to take advantage of another player against their will violates this rule. (including dice scams etc.)

More to the point, it is unsettling in how you willingly partake in hurting another player(s) just because you thought it was legal. I think we have to ask ourselves, do we want people like this within our community? You have been previous staff many times, Nerf, there is no way you can argue that you thought this was an acceptable or morally correct thing to do. You in clear conscious set out to take away from another member of the community without regard.

I accept any warning points I may receive, however there has been no legal precedence set anywhere that you could scam people without a ban. To argue that this is indeed the case is simply not correct, logical, or acceptable.

Flamedemond, TrisDa, Lilliya and 13 others like this.
  3. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

The fact I had gotten approval from numerous staff including diana about doing this ticks me off. I got approval to do it, others have too, and they haven't been banned.

EDIT: Too be even more clear, slicks was in the teamspeak channel when diana said it is legal.

Empoleon_master and VKL_ReWinDzz like this.
  4. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

To be honest, I call bull crap on that. No staff is going to try and let someone hurt someone else's game play.

5. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

You can ask around if you would like to, your gonna get the answer I told you.

6. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

When was this? I don't recall Diana ever supporting scamming.
    http://meepcraft.com/forums/complaints-about-staff.77/ Report me if you wish.

You took someone's money with the intent to walk away without giving what you promised in return.
    I support a permanent ban on this instant of scamming because you thought you'd get away with scamming 700k because it was outside of MeepCraft staff's jurisdiction.

I will quit staff if this ban appeal is accepted because it shows that MeepCraft supports scamming.

7. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

There is a rule stating that transactions with such items as giftcodes or such are scammed meepcraft will not interfere with it. It broke no rules under that other then being given permission to do this.

VKL_ReWinDzz likes this.
  8. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

Okay, so if someone scammed you one million meebles because you wanted to get maybe a new album on itunes. That you worked hours on getting. Would you like if someone did that to you? Like its common logic to not want to mess up someone else's game play. They probably try harder than you do. You're just sitting there giving out a fake MineCraft account gift code away to get money. It's not even close to fair game play or breaking any of the other rules.

9. Nerf958

Nerf958 Celebrity Meeper

Still though, there is no rule stating about this. Yes I ruined my rep but honestly I could care less if I have friends or not.

10. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

What Deinen said makes that rule cancel out itself. You were deceiving a player by using real life transactions. So you were breaking 1 rule but escaping one. So in reality you are still breaking a rule. Either way the ban is fair in a way. Don't go off saying that staff are going to back up this story. Even if its not against the rules. A staff member will never ever tell you to do that. So don't act like this ban is unfair.

11. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

MeepCraft staff do not support the selling of gift codes. So this is your problem.

12. iiwars

iiwars Celebrity Meeper

So you just ignore the whole part of outside transactions and just go with the aspect that he scammed? Totally legit to be honest. x'D

13. blow_rubberduck

blow_rubberduck Well-Known Meeper

Ok Nerf this is all I have to say you can scam if you want but you were the one saying "Meep has to be nicer and blah blah blah" so ya just do the right thing you deserve to be Premed!

n00bslayer_99 likes this.
  14. Wishingsstar

Wishingsstar Popular Meeper

"Unban me now"

1. Atleast it wasn't perm.
    2. If you scammed a gift card, what says you wouldn't scam a rank?
    3. Demanding the quote I just said on top is very rude to staff.

P.S. You sound really rude.

Good luck, but bad choice.

15. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

The reasoning for not moderating irl sales before is that we could not show the item was received or not received. Here you have clearly laid it out that you had every intention to scam 700k. This is unacceptable. This is denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.