1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Denied Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by hillwood1963, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillwood1963

hillwood1963 Celebrity Meeper

IGN: hillwood1963
    Date/Time: 21/12/2013 - 16:00
    Reason: "Drug Reference"
    Ban Length: 4 Days
    Staff Member: MeGustaYou
    Why should this be considered: I used the word "bong" in game over /shout, as me and my friend, mickthomson56, were messing around as we always do. I am just wondering why I was not a least kicked or temp-banned for a lesser time, as is the punishment for foul language, as I do not see what harm using the word "bong" does, over more aggressive terms which result in kicks. Also my friend mick stuck up for me after this incident, and he too used the word "bong", to try and prove a point and he too was banned, but only for 2 days as opposed to my 4 day ban.

2. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

Hello, the proof is here: (this contains a drug reference, please only click this if you wont be offended, sorry)
    http://imgur.com/vhXiIYX
    The reason why I banned you more than I did mickthomson because yours was a bit more into detail than his comment was.

3. hillwood1963

hillwood1963 Celebrity Meeper

I know I said it, I'm denying saying it. I understand on what I was banned for, but I don't understand how it even begins to merit a ban. It's a word, a word which is 100 times less contentious than some of the other words that I have heard on the server. And what punishment do the people that say these words get? A kick? A warning? What do you mean to more into detail? Also this reply seems to be pretty much the exact same thing that you have posted on Mick's appeal, which I find slightly lethargic and you have not answered or replied to any of the questions or comments I left on my appeal.

4. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

According to the rules regarding language:

...however if language contains sexual content, drug-related or other severe hate-related content (including but not limited to racial, religious, sexual orientation, etc) there will be upwards of a 3 day-permanent issued with no warnings. Mild content will incur a 1-3 day temp ban with no warning.

Drug-related content is extremely inappropriate on this server and bannable with no warnings. This is denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.