1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Ban Appeal 2.0

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Telinus, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

IGN (In-Game Name): Telinus/Oscenth
    Date/Time: 5/1/2014
    Reason: Pvp hacks
    Ban Length: Perm
    Staff Member: Cooleysworld
    Why we should consider your appeal: I believe that recent staff members have said that the first offense is 5d and I would like this to be shortened if possible, as it was my first "offense."

2. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

I would like to point out, new rules and regulations changes do not affect previous bans. However, this is a Supermod+ decision to make.

3. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

Even so, I believe someone said something along the lines of: "People should have learned what they've done in 5 days."

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  4. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

I believe you must have misinterpreted what you heard. Kitpvp hacking bans are now 5 days, other hacking, such as pvp hacks in the terrarium, or use of macros, are 7 days or perm. Just because you were banned before the rules changed, doesnt mean you must be unbanned. I hope this clears up any confusion you had.

Thats all I have to say on the matter, and as Ugly already stated, this will be left to a higher up to make the final decision.

Edited to clear up more things:
    Saying "because you were banned before the rules change, doesn't mean you must be unbanned" does in fact make sense, but I think you either misread it, or misunderstood it. So to hopefully make things less confusing, I'll paraphrase.

Regardless of when you broke the rule, it does not guarantee you an unban. You could have been banned before, or after the changing in rules, but it does not make a difference. You hacked, that cannot be changed. You received punishment based on your actions.

Also, I was never directing at you that you were using a macro, I was simply using that as an example of a bannable offence.

I did not mean in any way, shape, or form that you had used one. I'm sorry if it came across as confusing and if you have any other questions about things that confuse you, I would be more than happy to take it up with you.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

That makes no logical sense... "... because you were banned before the rules changed, doesn't mean you must be unbanned."

Anyway, I never used a macro. There are buttons on the side of my mouse that I can program (installed feature) which I can use to also left click with my thumb.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2014, Original Post Date: May 20, 2014 ---
    [​IMG]

6. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I was under the impression you would be unbanned as soon as you told the truth.
    I don't see how thats changed.

7. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

Pls help Jwarian.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 23, 2014, Original Post Date: May 23, 2014 ---
    Or anyone else :(
    --- Double Post Merged, May 26, 2014 ---
    [​IMG]

8. Killer2themx

Killer2themx Celebrity Meeper

I AM THE PERSON HE WAS FIGHTING AT THE TIME WHEN HE WAS BANNED.
    When we fought, I want to point out one thing: you never missed. At the start, I got scared because you weren't missing me. I tried strafing, but there was no point: you could hit me anyway. Also, you were killing diamondtree while we were fighting. I could go on forever, but I will not. You obviously hacked, and if anyone would know it's me.

emmettz24 likes this.
  9. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

10. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

It seems the word "hacking" in regards to Minecraft has become almost interchangeable with cheating. It is nice to know that you have come clean and admitted that you were indeed cheating though.

It is good to know that my previously denying your ban appeal was just, but let's hope for a better resolution to this issue this time. :)

11. Telinus

Telinus Celebrity Meeper

+1

KariStar86 and hippapajo like this.
  12. CaptaineAli

CaptaineAli Popular Meeper

I have nothing against you Telinus, but I, myself think that if a staff member was to cheat it is much worse, staff members are meant to enforce the rules and should be role models for the citizens of Meepcraft. Don't know exactly what happens so I cannot exactly say anything about that (I am going by the fact that you are banned for hacking and everything I am saying I would say to any staff member who has been banned, for any reason), but just because it is your "first offense" does not mean you should be treated like you were ignorant. It is obvious that a staff member should acknowledge the rules and abide by them. Also, If you have committed an offence and are not willing to admit to it, I don't see a reason for you to be unbanned (yet again, I don't exactly know if you have/haven't admitted or actually did hack).

Although I do feel that a perm ban is a bit harsh, considering the fact that many people who were perm banned have been unbanned and rules have been changed as of lately. If this was to of happened months ago, you probably would have never be allowed back on Meepcraft. So I'd have to say you are fortunate with that.
    Best of luck.

Fangdragon1998 likes this.
  13. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

Thank you for being honest. Accepted!

Jwarian, mrli1, discdog1000 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.