1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

An addition to /mail [Book Format]

Discussion in 'Denied' started by K9_Caper, Jun 22, 2015.

?

Is integrating a book with "/mail" a good idea?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9_Caper

K9_Caper Celebrity Meeper

So, basically the title says it all. When composing a new mail to send to someone, a "book" page should pop up where you type in your letter. When someone wants to see the received letter, a "book" page should again pop up with the written material from the sender.

Why would your suggestion benefit meepcraft? Honestly, I hate it when I have to send mail to someone offline and it becomes really long. It ends up becoming like 2-3 (or more) "/mail send" in order to tell the person something. Using a book's page (which transfers virtually to the person) is more efficient instead of sending mail multiple times to the same person. It saves up a lot more time and space. I speak from experience.
    Who would this benefit? Anyone who has access to /mail and it's commands. It just make it more neat and efficient to use and I believe the average player would appreciate that.
    About how long will this take to be implemented, if it is accepted? Probably a day at the most. I believe there are already plugins that have this idea implemented into Essential's mail configuration.
    Would this cause more lag? I honestly don't know. Probably less because you are only sending one thing (a book's page) instead of multiple "/mail send".

Also, I guess this part is debatable, but maybe if even the book's page is too long, it goes on the next page? Like the receiver flips to the next page to read the rest of the mail.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Above images are just an example of what I mean by "a book's page popping up". I found the pictures on google and the text in each image isn't applicable to this suggestion.

--- I remade this suggestion because of the "Suggestion Mix-up" and someone told me to remake this ---

Attached Files:

2. buildmaster1000x

buildmaster1000x Popular Meeper

+1 instead of 30 /mail send

K9_Caper likes this.
  3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Minecraft is having issues with books right now, making this difficult to implement.

K9_Caper and chaos546 like this.
  4. FillylandingXD

FillylandingXD Popular Meeper

+1

K9_Caper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.