1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Aggressive Mobs from Spawners.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by weewoozesty, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weewoozesty

weewoozesty Popular Meeper

I am suggesting an option to toggle passive or aggressive mobs that appear from spawners.

Its kinda depressing when you go through the trouble to build your self a mob arena and the zombies just stand around like idiots.

I am simply suggesting a command like /plot toggle aggressivemobs or something. Or maybe an option for /spawner to make the zombies etc. Aggressive. I dont get why they dont fight back anyways. If you built your mob grinder properly they cant hit back to begin with.

*pointless rant* Spend 4 hours building a personal mob arena only to not have the things fight back.* Its kinda depressing.

RaidByNightOnly and blackoak999 like this.
  2. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

hmmm i try other things like spiders i think they still fight back?

superbros1211 likes this.
  3. weewoozesty

Do they? I havent tried them yet. I know Zombies and Skeletons do not. Its kinda boring. I wanted to have a personal mob grinder.. But a mob grinder where I actually fight them.

Its boring otherwise.

blackoak999 likes this.
  4. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

I find that Skeletons sometimes will :)

5. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

i built a giant dome and spent dozens of hours and millions of meebles on what i thought would be a really cool mob arena only to have the mob spawners spawn dumb mobs. i get it, i would rather have dumb mobs than blocklag, but then once i figure out how to do the arena with natural mobs, BAM!
    natural mob spawns nerfed..... i don't bother complaining usually, but i wanted you to know you're not alone.
    i feel ya bro
    ;/
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 26, 2015 ---
    some mobs that are saved when a player teleports away become active once the player returns
    its more of the mob "resetting" not an indication that spawners are still spawning mobs with AIs.

6. weewoozesty

I think the "dumb mobs" should be a spawner option or a plot option. That way people who want to build mob arenas can do so.

blackoak999 likes this.
  7. kindlewing

kindlewing Popular Meeper

+1
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 26, 2015 ---
    like wither skeletons.

8. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

yes agreed, I would LOVE to make just a mob pvp dome and host a competition

huge +1

blackoak999 likes this.
  9. hardegat

hardegat Celebrity Meeper

It should be an option that can be toggled via a command like mentioned above (shouldn't do too much harm?) or if I'm mistaken and that is not an option for admin because of the impact on lag then.....how about having to apply to have a plot/spawner changed to have aggressive mob spawns? There could even be a charge involved?

blackoak999 likes this.
  10. BobJonCreeper

BobJonCreeper pie

I like this idea. It's rather annoying to have them just sit there and chill out in your arena/grinder.
    +1

11. weewoozesty

There are only two reasons that they should be lazy like they are.

1. They formed a Union.
    2. Dumb Mobs is "toggled"

12. hardegat

hardegat Celebrity Meeper

lmao - with the amount of union action in my country I found this extra amusing

SirCallow likes this.
  13. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

Was this the mob sanctuary u built?

And in response to this post. Block lag really is a huge issue in the server. The server has to provide processing power to those mobs and thus, lag is created. That is why they were made mindless, to free up the server from having to deal with them. I dont see too much point in adding the option except for those rare few like u 2, but I do see the issues and maybe the option of having it isnt too bad. +.5

blackoak999 likes this.
  14. weewoozesty

I've actually thought of that. What if the server had something for dumb mobs like it does for clear lag? It would free up the space. It would also stop excessive lag when people go afk near large mobgrinders.

blackoak999 likes this.
  15. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

+1. It is annoying when they don't do anything. Spawners are made for a purpose (grinders) that isn't working.

blackoak999 likes this.
  16. weewoozesty

I kinda hope this gets accepted lol

blackoak999 likes this.
  17. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

+1 sounds like a good idea :)

blackoak999 likes this.
  18. blackoak999

blackoak999 Popular Meeper

I would pay actual in-real-life money, somewhere on the order of $50 per year, to have this option. If you think I'm kidding, I'm not.
    Having aggressive mobs to fight in towny is fun.
    I made my 13 plot mountain in Everest alpha hollow just to make a mob arena. lol :D

19. weewoozesty

I dont even want to make a direct mob arena. I want to make an oldschool style dungeon crawl. Full of monsters and the such. I'de hide chest all over the dungeon full of things to help people through it. Like weapons, food, potions, armor, arrows etc.

I'de make some trapped chests here and there that must be de-activated with a switch or risk blowing up, being ambushed by hordes of mobs or something.

If you have ever played the old Elder Scrolls games such as Daggerfall or Ultima Underworld, Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Dungeons and Dragons. Thats the kind of dungeon I want to turn an entire town into. Each person's "house" would be a safe room for them and them only.

Oh the possibilties.

blackoak999 likes this.
  20. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

I made a huge grinder that had a water elevator to find out that they don't swim. +1 PLEASE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.