1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

adlovesdogs Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by adlovesdogs, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

In Game Name: adlovesdogs

Teamspeak Username: adlovesdogs
    Mic use: yes
    Timezone: Mountain Time
    Hours online per weekday: 2-3 Hours (Now that school is here)
    Hours online per weekend day: 2-6 Hours
    Position Changes: Elite to Helper

Introduction: Hello I'm Alex. I am a straight A student in 7th grade who loves to read, write, and play Meepcraft! When I am playing during those 2-3 hours during the week or those 2-6 hours during the weekend days I enjoy to build a lot! I have been on Meepcraft for two years (I stopped for about 7 months in between that) and I would like to apply for staff for the first time in my Meepcraft experience. Ever since I started Meepcraft all I wanted for birthday presents, Christmas presents, and so on was money to get a rank up! I am very serious not only about my school work, but all work in general! I am a serious person, but can still have fun!
    In my free time on Meep I like to sell heads, raid towns/build in towns, and play parkour. In my opinion Meepcraft will always be the best server to play parkour. My favorite map is Ultimate City (duh) and Slick's Ice Parkour.

Why: I have been playing Meep for so long. I just haven't been able to improve the community as much as I would like to as a citizen. If I was granted the power of helper I would not only improve the average player experience, but also those who have been here for a long time. By helping those new to Meepcraft I can bring in new players that will become regular player. This will also bring more donors. Just by answering a simple modreq I can do all of that. I have taken many years of conflict mediation at my school. I help people solve problems in a fair and unbiased manner. This experience has helped me so much through the years during school, online, or any other place. Because I have straight A's I have a very large work ethic! I will bring the same ethic I bring to homework as I will to Meepcraft. I have a lot of experience in Meepcraft that would help me so much in the position. As time goes by, I feel like my talents in Meepcraft are not being put to their full standards. I know how to resolve issues, monitor chat, look at proof of hackers, and so much more! I am so dedicated to all things that I do. I have put in 100% effort into all of my buildings, sales, and my whole experience here. My performance in game is top of the line. I always try to help all of those around me... Helper or no helper I will always be there to lend a hand to anyone in need. I believe also that I have great maturity. This will help me as helper to stay focused on my job and task at hand. I can joke around, but I prefer not to most of the time. My forums activity is great! I create suggestions, give constructive criticism in staff applications, talk in debates, and discussions. As staff I would be able to take my activity and make it very useful to the community. I hope you can see why I should be staff by this paragraph.

Weaknesses: In the server I have some things, like everyone, that need to be improved on. Whether it is my keyboard or my Teamspeak talking, I will always have flaws. It is something that the human nature can't prevent, and although we all wish we could, it won't happen. I will make a bullet point list of these things.

•Keyboard I am kind of bad with my keyboard. I am slightly slow with it and also type weird on it. For instance I sometimes hit the o instead of the q. I believe that if I get helper I will be able to improve on this over time goes. I will be "fluent" with my keyboard and this will no longer be a problem.

•Commands I do know how to /kick, /tempban, and /ban (Although I can not use /ban). However I do not know how to use the command to answer a modreq. I believe I will be superb at answering these, after I get to know the command better. If I get staff, after a week I will be able to do this without hesitation.

•Teamspeak Although I am decently active on Teamspeak, I am a little iffy about the whole idea of it. I'm not a big talker. I feel like I would be able to monitor Teamspeak, but I also don't talk on very often. Also I do not know how to kick people from a server in Teamspeak. I will learn this as time goes by. I have a good mic so any time I feel like talking on Teamspeak I have the option.

•/Shout I am not very active in shout. I am not the talking type. However if I see someone aking a question I will always answer it in shout. If I get helper I will not talk in chat often unless someone is confused, or needs help, or needs a reminder about the rules. I have always been a decently quiet person in shout or Teamspeak. I do not think this will affect my job.

Conclusion: As you can see I am very active, have lots of knowledge about all parts of the server, and I am very helpful person. I know how to do most commands and help the average player. I put a lot of time in this application, so I hope you will consider my it as I can change Meepcraft in many helpful ways.

(Ps. If you do not know me from two years ago, that is because about a year ago I never talked in chat...)

2. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

+1

Reasons stated in application

3. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

+1

"Mountain Time" xD

You seem like a good kid, and I think once you are staff, you are very dedicated and loyal to the community.

lfpnub and metr0n0me like this.
  4. ShadowBlizzard

ShadowBlizzard Celebrity Meeper

You're very young maturity wise. You're nice, but you're just not ready yet.

5. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

• Spammy on forums
    • Immature
    • Nice
    • But not ready yet.
    Good luck!

6. abdullah999345

abdullah999345 Popular Meeper

Another staff app, someone takes the words out my mouth.

7. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

Never see u in ts.
    Your not ready for staff yet

8. 00000

00000 Guest

Immature and annoying, -1

9. Splasho

Splasho Celebrity Meeper

-1 reasons stated above

10. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

shutup.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 29, 2014 ---
    +1 you are very nice! i do see you online often and and you are quite active on teamspeak! gl!:D

anikin ultimate likes this.
  11. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

I've been gone for 2-3 months, and... Who are you?
    You shouldn't be applying if you've been around less then that.

12. Woddorl

Woddorl Popular Meeper

Originally was going to do this all inside of quotes, but I edited it down enough that I didn't think it would be entirely fair... I also hate the quote function. Everything below except the bolded portions are pulled directly from your application:

You have made three promises that are very nearly impossible to fulfill, be really careful about that.
    One:
    I would not only improve the average player experience, but also those who have been here for a long time.
    Two: I can bring in new players that will become regular player.
    Three: bring more donors.

Just by answering a simple modreq I can do all of that.

This is solid information, a very good argument for why you should be a helper.
    I have taken many years of conflict mediation at my school. I help people solve problems in a fair and unbiased manner. This experience has helped me so much through the years during school, online, or any other place. Because I have straight A's I have a very large work ethic! I will bring the same ethic I bring to homework as I will to Meepcraft.

Pretty hollow statement, that is kind of out of place, elaborate on what Meepcraft experiences you've had that would transfer over to the helper position.
    I have a lot of experience in Meepcraft that would help me so much in the position.

I don't think your talents have standards, at least, I don't think that's what you were really trying to say. Again, some really good information here that I want to know about... There are just some word and grammar issues here that hurt the flow of what you're saying.
    As time goes by, I feel like my talents in Meepcraft are not being put to their full standards use. I know how to resolve issues, monitor chat, look at for proof of hackers, and so much more!

You're basically repeating yourself here, you've already said almost the exact same thing earlier in the paragraph. If you want to say more about your work ethic, put it all into one paragraph/spot or you just come off as rambling.
    I am so dedicated to all things that I do. I have put in 100% effort into all of my buildings, sales, and my whole experience here. My performance in game is top of the line.

This is all information that staff doesn't care about, or at least assumes is the case for most/all applicants. You're better off letting them come to their own conclusions.
    I always try to help all of those around me... Helper or no helper I will always be there to lend a hand to anyone in need. I believe also that I have great maturity. This will help me as helper to stay focused on my job and task at hand. I can joke around, but I prefer not to most of the time.

I really have to disagree with your "give constructive criticism" bit here. After a quick look through your recent forum posts, I found that to not be the case. When I think of constructive criticism I think of building someone up after tearing them down. A vast majority of your posts that I saw were less than 4 words long.
    My forums activity is great! I create suggestions, give constructive criticism in staff applications, talk in debates, and discussions. As staff I would be able to take my activity and make it very useful to the community.

While I think we all can appreciate honesty, it becomes a little bit troubling when the weakness section is longer and better put together than the section about why you should be staff. I read this section and I wonder why you didn't use the same style of writing throughout the application.
    Weaknesses: In the server I have some things, like everyone, that need to be improved on. Whether it is my keyboard or my Teamspeak talking, I will always have flaws. It is something that the human nature can't prevent, and although we all wish we could, it won't happen. I will make a bullet point list of these things.

•Keyboard I am kind of bad with my keyboard. I am slightly slow with it and also type weird on it. For instance I sometimes hit the o instead of the q. I believe that if I get helper I will be able to improve on this over time goes. I will be "fluent" with my keyboard and this will no longer be a problem.

•Commands I do know how to /kick, /tempban, and /ban (Although I can not use /ban). However I do not know how to use the command to answer a modreq. I believe I will be superb at answering these, after I get to know the command better. If I get staff, after a week I will be able to do this without hesitation.

•Teamspeak Although I am decently active on Teamspeak, I am a little iffy about the whole idea of it. I'm not a big talker. I feel like I would be able to monitor Teamspeak, but I also don't talk on very often. Also I do not know how to kick people from a server in Teamspeak. I will learn this as time goes by. I have a good mic so any time I feel like talking on Teamspeak I have the option.

•/Shout I am not very active in shout. I am not the talking type. However if I see someone aking a question I will always answer it in shout. If I get helper I will not talk in chat often unless someone is confused, or needs help, or needs a reminder about the rules. I have always been a decently quiet person in shout or Teamspeak. I do not think this will affect my job.

The problem I have with your conclusion is the points that you brought up in conclusion are the points you talked the least about in the actual application. You mentioned briefly at the beginning how much you play a day... You had one sentence about your experience/knowledge of the server, which was general... and if you're applying to be a helper, I figure you're a helpful person saying so is redundant.
    Conclusion: As you can see I am very active, have lots of knowledge about all parts of the server, and I am very helpful person. I know how to do most commands and how to help the average player. I put a lot of time in this application, so I hope you will consider my application it as I can change Meepcraft in many helpful ways(another vague promise, again careful with these).
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 30, 2014 ---
    So, adlovesdogs... I know that was a ton of info there, kind of tearing your application apart a bit. I want you to first know, that I think you've got potential. I can tell you put a lot of effort into your application, which is why I was willing to put in some effort to hopefully give you some tips in your future efforts. Try to put as much effort as you did here in all of your forum posts, maybe not length of time, but with as much thought.

Two final thoughts on the application, try to go easy on the !... They can be okay in small doses, but it got a bit much in the application... Second, get a friend/family member to help proof read your application before you submit it. Get some ideas on what isn't flowing quite right, and where you can improve things. I have a suspicion that most people who comment on these staff applications don't actually read them and so you won't usually get very many good comments on how to improve them between applications... Problem is, the staff will. If it's a pleasure/entertaining to read, they'll thank you for it... If it's not... well...

Anyway, GL adlovesdogs.

KyloMeep, Flamedemond2, smk and 5 others like this.
  13. _MacintoshWave_

_MacintoshWave_ Celebrity Meeper

well said. i learned from this too! thx!:D

14. DeadlyPoptartz

DeadlyPoptartz Celebrity Meeper

for reasons above

15. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

Can I have an example of spammy on forums please?

Toostenheimer likes this.
  16. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

+.5
    you're almost there ;)

17. Wubb8t

Wubb8t Celebrity Meeper

-1 Reasons above.

18. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

Sorry man, I don't see you helping IG -1

VorticoseSeven0 likes this.
  19. IGotBored

IGotBored Celebrity Meeper

Certainly potential, but I'm with Shadow in this one

20. anikin ultimate

anikin ultimate Popular Meeper

+/- You are a good guy nice and mature just not the time, I would say wait about 1-3 months more, then try again, I'm just you'll get it then. Gl :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.